It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you "HATE" rap music? let ATS try and change your mind if you dare!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The history, progression and the eventual evolution of rap, hip-hop or whatever else you want to call it is an interesting story to say the least. So in the beginning you had artist like Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, Sugar Hill Gang, Run DMC and even Sheila E. At this time the music was very fun and high energy coming out of the 70's into the 80's and sometimes telling the struggles of low income minority neighborhoods in a more eloquent way than is done today. That last part is important because it is often used as an excuse by current age artists to justify the vulgarity of their content by saying "I'm just trying to tell the story of the struggle where I come from" which in itself is fine. At a certain point though you have to step back and say "really...?"

So now on to 90's and the "notorious gangsta rap" which was captivating enough to incite people on either U.S. coast to hate one another on the mere notion of being from the opposite coast. The 90's really sowed the seeds for what we have today. This is where hip hop starts to really become INSIDIOUS and I'm not saying this soley based on the vulgarity of the lyrics. This is when corporate entities started to use hip hop to supply the FOR PROFIT PRISON racket.

See someone figured at some point that hey if we invest in this absolutely corrupt and evil business model of private prisons theN also invest in the music industry thus controlling it's output that would have cause and effect. Cause distasteful music meant to glorify and glamorize prison worthy behavior amongst an already vulnerable and highly victimized segment of society. Then lock them up for doing what they are hypnotized to do. Much to the satisfaction of the corrupt overlords of this system the poison has even spread into the suburbs and enjoyed by those that have NO CLUE what it is like to be impoverished let alone from the hood.

The source I provided may not be infallible or definitive as evidence but it is interesting and I have heard this on my own accord from connected individuals so hey how is that for a conspiracy for ya lol.

hip/hop and the for profit prison industry
edit on CDTMon, 22 Jun 2015 16:51:29 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:51:29 -050051 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTMon, 22 Jun 2015 16:53:07 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:53:07 -050053 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTMon, 22 Jun 2015 16:55:19 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:55:19 -050055 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join