It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you "HATE" rap music? let ATS try and change your mind if you dare!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

That's like people who say "I like rock, just not after 1979".

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Rap

rhymes with

crap

and that's all I care to say.

So you actually read the op there then sunshine?

LOL( yeah I said it)

Why did you post? the whole point was to try and point out that theres a whole brilliant genre of music out there if only you would care to open that tiny tiny mind.

You even used the quote I used to disparage those that are closed minded as your actual comment??

COME ON YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT?

Deny ignorance? not you. you have already decided.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: nonspecific

Rap is HUGE worldwide right now and its mostly watered down metrialitic garbage. Rap sucks because of the decline of hip hop. I like rap just not anything after 2012. Although, I will recognize that I'm sure I could find some new rappers I would like but the new stuff coming out is horrible.

Rap? hip hop? who cares either put something you think matters here or say it's rubbish and then change your mind or move along?

Give us some hip hop to help others learn or go back to 1998 buddy.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

edit on 6/20/2015 by CaptainTwig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Again this is not " rap" but any heavy metal fans or rockers that can remember the early 90's should remember that without "rap" we would not have this.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, the problem is that what I have heard so far sounds so BAD to me, that I don't care to explore any further. My musical tastes are served by classical, especially Baroque, especially Italian Baroque; Celtic, from all seven [or eight] of the Celtic nations, and folk music from all over, covering several nations, languages, and cultures. Tiny, tiny mind? I think not. Post a video link of what you think is good rap, and I may have a look/listen. I promise nothing, however.

EDIT: You say "...whole brilliant genre of music..." but I find rap to be derivative and repetitive. Too much of it sounds like too much of it. I get the vibe that listening to one rap sone is to hear the whole body of it, and I don't like the attitude and posturing involved. The gangsta element is a complete turnoff.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

EDIT: I made 49 seconds of your Faith No More vid before I stopped it, simply glad that I turned the volume down before I punched "play." I'd rather watch Nyan Cat.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well, the problem is that what I have heard so far sounds so BAD to me, that I don't care to explore any further. My musical tastes are served by classical, especially Baroque, especially Italian Baroque; Celtic, from all seven [or eight] of the Celtic nations, and folk music from all over, covering several nations, languages, and cultures. Tiny, tiny mind? I think not. Post a video link of what you think is good rap, and I may have a look/listen. I promise nothing, however.

Well well done you sir both for having an elivated sense of musical understanding and also the ability to read an OP and conduct yourself accordingly.

The whole point of this thread has gone so far under your head that there is no reason for you to remain.

Why try to change an opinion that will not be changed?

Good day and I wish you well.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Again not everyones cup of tea and far more modern but...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
music is very subjective as per the individual listening and their own tastes. Some may see this as garbage but I personally think that these two particular songs point out some of the unfortunate truths of MURICA!!!

That was kind of the point of the thread, rap along with other genres is often deemed "rubbish" or lame ect.

I was looking to try and show those who may think that how although some of it may be crap there is real beauty in some of it.

Digging the second track BTW.

This video alone needs it's own thread.

We know it's true. In the 80s it was coke. At 15 I was at a couple of celebrities homes where coke was in silver bowls out like snacks. Famous football players were there. Later is was meth for poor whites, crack for poor blacks. Now it's pills for any one else they didn't get. Bath salts for the really stupid or kids they didn't get with the pills. Big tobacco is dying, so they go after vaping, while investing in it. They put everyone they can on anti depressants or aderral. This is all true today, you just have to replace a few words here and there.
edit on 20-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)
And the song is damn good too.
edit on 20-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

EDIT: You say "...whole brilliant genre of music..." but I find rap to be derivative and repetitive. Too much of it sounds like too much of it. I get the vibe that listening to one rap sone is to hear the whole body of it, and I don't like the attitude and posturing involved. The gangsta element is a complete turnoff.

EDIT: I made 49 seconds of your Faith No More vid before I stopped it, simply glad that I turned the volume down before I punched "play." I'd rather watch Nyan Cat.

You have now edited your post to reflect your opinion and thats fine. That does not however change your closed view on the subject.

The whole "gangsta" aspect of it would you like to deal wit that first or is your mind already made up?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Again this is not " rap" but any heavy metal fans or rockers that can remember the early 90's should remember that without "rap" we would not have this.

Spot on!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Spot on!

There is so much more to the "rap" genre than people realise.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Spot on!

There is so much more to the "rap" genre than people realise.

Some rap sounds as nice to my ear as "Ave Maria" sung by Andrea Bocelli. Music is like poetry, in that the connection to the audience is paramount. The emotional reaction is the entire idea. Rap, much like spoke word, or opera, has that intent. It is a loss to those that will throw some of the poor examples in with everything else.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yet again you have edited your post to adjust.

What is it that you are against? there is so much to rap and the vid in question is a case in point.

faith no more spawned a whole host of new music?? they were like no other band at the time.

As I said earlier if you have no intention of changing then why are you here? Just pop off and do the same thing you like doing and no one will be any the wiser.

We cannot give you something you do not wish to recieve and again I will wish you a good day.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The intricacies of music are not defined by genre. There are obviously terrible rappers out there, as much as I'm sure there is terrible Italian Baroque. But even so, it's all subjective.

Appreciate the good music, there is plenty of it. No need to shun what you disapprove of.

Tupac is a poet, and "Dear Mama" is a masterpiece. It's possibly the most heartfelt song I've eve heard.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Depends on how you define rap or elements of rap. The more popular seem to be as some would say, watered down…

Everyone likes rap that 'sounds good'…
Most can get behind behind rap humor…

*** adult themes***
Insane rap…

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
The intricacies of music are not defined by genre. There are obviously terrible rappers out there, as much as I'm sure there is terrible Italian Baroque. But even so, it's all subjective.

Appreciate the good music, there is plenty of it. No need to shun what you disapprove of.

Tupac is a poet, and "Dear Mama" is a masterpiece. It's possibly the most heartfelt song I've eve heard.

I am a big beard bloke from the midlands of the UK but I know a heartfelt song when I hear one, that was it.

Not quite this one though. Rappers can bring together genres like no others and this always makes me smile.

cheesy and old but awesome non the less.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Wu Tang Clan all the way for me...love 'em. Got just about every remix and album out there.

Music is music and we all just gravitate to whatever resonates with our 'souls.' Intelligent hip hop and rap hits my soft spot in the same way great soul music and rock does.

It crossed my mind yesterday that here we are out in the boonies of space. As far as we know, this green and blue world is the only one with intelligent life on it. All this music and it could be lost. Righteous Brothers, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye etc. Wu Tang, Beethoven, Pink Floyd.

All of the genres we argue about should be archived in the same way we've archived plant species in Scandinavian caves.

Half-joking...we should be launching CDs and SD cards into space in their millions to preserve the musical history of our planet.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ayoutu.be... reply to: reldra
then you might enjoy this one too

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Half-joking…we should be launching CDs and SD cards into space in their millions to preserve the musical history of our planet.

No need. The mix is in every head, be careful what you put in there, it will be with you forever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join