It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponized robots and your future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In 1985 the idea of weaponized drones was limited to movies like Terminator. Few could have realized that in 20 short years drones would be firing rockets at people in remote areas of Pakistan. One wonders where we will be in 10 more years -- 2025. And will Americans just accept it? Maybe they will salute their new militarized robots, and see them as the ultimate symbol of American power. Of course 10 years after such a development then maybe we can have the real Terminators mass produced, or a race of Cylons. Americans seem so compliant nowadays that maybe they will turn themselves in for processing.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

And will Americans just accept it? Maybe they will salute their new militarized robots,

We already do?

I was looking for footage of the Dallas police station shoot out where the van the guy is in is blown up and burned by robots. Not autonomous, but surely weaponized…

ETA: Little tractors with bombs on booms.
edit on 20-6-2015 by intrptr because: spelling and additional

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm good with it, it gives me new ways to develop countermeasures and meet and greet them with the same fervor

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Satellites orbiting Earth can visually pinpoint the hair growing out of my ear.
Lasers on satellites might soon be able to fry those curly little suckers for me.
So my barber, while sitting with me at an outdoor bistro, rather than pulling out his clippers and snip snip snip, might open his computer, push a button and zap, the smell of burning hair.
Ah, what a world.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The problem I see with that is the burnt hair smell ruining everyone's meal. Your barber will need to find a cure for that. Maybe a beverage or pill he could sell you to make your hair smell like fresh baked bread or apple pie once burnt . Depending on the bistro. a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Don't stop there. Everything is either made of metal or made in an automated factory made of metal. Then theres police that seemingly shoot to kill at the slightest provocation. How autonomic is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lasers have no effect on mirrors and radar cant see through lead nor microwave shielding.

Thermal imagery cant see though glass or water, and nothing can see through solid granite deep underground...Lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I remember seeing all the new weaponry being deployed in the Iraq War, and all the talk of new developments, and it became quite clear that these innovations would be deployed against everyone, including Americans, in the future.

I do not necessarily believe political action is in vain, as Professor Sharkey has been able to bring a lot of attention and political action to this issue.

top topics

join