It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOPD Officer Shot In The Head, Killed By Suspect He Was Transporting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The street war has already been ragging for decades.
It began when police officers became tax collected and with the war on drugs.
Not an excuse but understanding the real problems will help us put an end to senseless violence.

Or a waste of flesh cowardly criminal executed someone .
The biggest cause of senseless violence is human nature .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So you think somebody shooting into a moving vehicle and nailing a headshot is more likely than "somebody was lazy."

Wow.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Nah, not according to some.

Criminals aren't bad people. They only do things because of society. It's not really ever their fault. Shot a cop? Blame the war on drugs. Got in a drunken bar fight? Bartender should've cut you off, the other guy was a jerk, and the cops should've just been cool and given you a ride home. Robbed a bank? Well if the government wasn't taxing people then you wouldn't have needed money and wouldn't have robbed the bank.

Personal accountability is a foreign concept to some.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So you think somebody shooting into a moving vehicle and nailing a headshot is more likely than "somebody was lazy."

Wow.

yes
it is extremely rare for a person hand cuffed in the back seat of a squad car to pull of what is claimed. do you know of this happening before in the manner described? movies do not count

on the other hand a dirty cop could have stashed a key and a gun or even the arresting officer could be dirty

but far more likely than all is someone from the outside of the car aiding in some way

if it were that easy to get out of cuffs and get a gun once in custody then the system would fail overall

things like this happen when one goes against the force

my point is that the perp doing this in the manner described by officials is the most unlikely but still possible

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
"Police Chief Michael Harrison told reporters that the suspect, 33-year-old Travis Boys, was able to get his hands out of handcuffs, grab a firearm and shoot Holloway while he was driving. Harrison says Boys came from the back seat into the front seat through a hole in the cage."

Read more at www.philly.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Lol yes, I do know of people

A) slipping cuffs

B) getting their cuffs in front

C) things being missed in searches

D) searches not being done because somebody got lazy

Human error is far more likely than "vast conspiracy to spring a guy out from under his assault and battery charge."

And yet, you're the one coming up with a theory that sounds like the plot from Pride and Glory.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Point taken and i get that people have slipped cuffs but were not talking bout that action alone.

This is getting cuffs off or in front of you then getting a gun and shooting someone then escaping without drawing suspicion from the driver.

The system does not allow for this to happen and i have never heard of such and neither have you to this extreme.

Possible manslaughter charges for the arresting officer for not doing his job correctly.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…somehow got a hold of a gun in the car and shot the officer.

He was placed in the back of the car without being thoroughly searched?

Or he somehow reached through to the front and got hold of the officers sidearm?

Or discovers a gun some other detainee dumped on the floor boards to keep from being caught with it?

What else?

Maybe the cop was to busy beating his ass to realize the guy got his gun from him?
edit on 20-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

A New Orleans Police Officer has reportedly died after being shot in the head Saturday morning.
An arrested subject who was being transported by the officer somehow got a hold of a gun in the car and shot the officer.
The officer was reportedly taken to the hospital, where he died. He has been identified as Officer Daryle Holloway.

NOPD Officer Shot In The Head, Killed By Suspect He Was Transporting

When this cowardly waste of flesh is caught I hope he never sees daylight again..

Just sad..

How come when soldiers are at war killing for our "freedom" theyre courageous and brave, but when a guy kills a policeman for his own freedom, hes automatically a coward? I mean, i know you want to insult the guy because you hate him, but this takes balls. He might be an asshole or similar, but "coward"?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

1) don't tell me what I have and have not heard. Thanks.

2) there have been any number of instances of people getting guns past searches and shooting either a cop or themselves. There are several videos of events like that freely available on the Internet.

3) "the system" only works when it is executed properly. "The system" is not 100% fail-proof.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: intrptr

…somehow got a hold of a gun in the car and shot the officer.

He was placed in the back of the car without being thoroughly searched?

Or he somehow reached through to the front and got hold of the officers sidearm?

Or discovers a gun some other detainee dumped on the floor boards to keep from being caught with it?

What else?

Maybe the cop was to busy beating his ass to realize the guy got his gun from him?

Aw. Feel better now?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No seatbelt, no cuffs type back seat ass woopin'?

The "somehow got a gun" smacks of cover story? Dunno…

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
How come when soldiers are at war killing for our "freedom" theyre courageous and brave, but when a guy kills a policeman for his own freedom, hes automatically a coward? I mean, i know you want to insult the guy because you hate him, but this takes balls. He might be an asshole or similar, but "coward"?

Probably because he's a criminal and if you are really comparing a solider in wartime to a criminal shooting a cop in the back of the head then I really dont know what else to say to you.

I could care less about the suspect , I neither hate nor care for him.
I just dont always blame someone else like so many want to do here..

Feel free to go admire his ballsy move though..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Give me one example of this happening before in simular circumstances and i will stfu.

Keep in mind we are talking about newew style vehicles that have metal barriers between front and back and less than 10" in gap and suspect slipping cuffs then going through the barrier and getting armed without the driver being aware of anything wrong before getting shot all happening during transport.

That is exactly what i was refering to when stating you have not heard or seen this before and will stand by it until you prove otherwise.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I thought you and the ATS Cop Haters from the Posse Comitatus forum were too busy sharpening your pitchforks and arm chair quarterbacking about how you would all do it better to post anywhere else here.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This sheds a little more light on what allegedly happened...

"In Saturday's shooting, Boys was arrested for aggravated assault and on his way to Central Lockup around 8 a.m. when he somehow managed to maneuver his hands -- which were handcuffed behind his back -- to his front "either over his shoulders or beneath his legs" and make his way through an opening in the cage inside Holloway's vehicle, said NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison. He and Holloway fought, Harrison said, before Boys managed to fatally shoot the 22-year veteran officer and father. Boys then fled the area, police said, while Holloway -- having crashed his police SUV into a utility pole near North Claiborne and Elysian Fields avenues -- was rushed to an area hospital."

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well this should do away with people being able to reach from the back to the front of the vehicle then.

Wonder what their reasoning was to even have that possible in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah who cares let's focus on the problem!

Who needs solutions anyway when I can be angry at someone!

Yeah!!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Prove that I haven't heard of it before and then we can go from there.

Once you've done that, you can provide the specs for the transport cage in that vehicle. (Being as there's more than one kind of cage and all)

But really, it's that first one I'm most interested in seeing.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Yeah who cares let's focus on the problem!

Who needs solutions anyway when I can be angry at someone!

Yeah!!

Im not angry at anyone..Life is actually pretty good for my family and friends..

Do i think their are corrupt COPS, 100% yes.
Do I think their are corrupt Civilians, 100% yes.
I have often said on ATS that a person of power who commits a crime should face an even harsher punishment because of betraying that trust.

I just dont buy into the "criminals are just misunderstood and targeted by the man" that some try and push here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join