It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to think my dog can read...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is no doubt that dogs can read and understand human language, even understand quite complex thoughts. They're just not able to write or talk. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't appreciate the mental capacity of this most sagacious and intelligent of animals.

But their ability to correctly and accurately anticipate the arrival of a loved one just can't be explained scientifically without introducing telepathy (they're not the only animal with this ability, by the way). The British biologist Rupert Sheldrake has published a very interesting book about this:

Dogs that Know When Their Owners are Coming Home: and other unexplained powers of animals, New York, NY: Crown, 1999 (second edition 2011). ISBN 978-0-307-88596-8.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You should really try writing something and see it reacts.

I do think it is communicating with your mind rather than reading.

I also edited my comment with more information that I remembered about my cat.
edit on 20-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

In this world we live, If you think and believe that your dog can read. Then you have a problem. Either for believing he can or he cant. But technically speaking, Dogs cant read but they can feel. So younshould go find urswlf a psycbiatrist. Something is wrong. They say accusing a let of something say eh narcissism or hallucination or anything beyond their capacity. The fact that ypu dpubted your thoughts, ypur mind has a problem. Go to a psychologisf youve got a big problem going on. Swera.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Summer7

In this world we live, If you think and believe that your dog can read. Then you have a problem. Either for believing he can or he cant. But technically speaking, Dogs cant read but they can feel. So younshould go find urswlf a psycbiatrist. Something is wrong. They say accusing a let of something say eh narcissism or hallucination or anything beyond their capacity. The fact that ypu dpubted your thoughts, ypur mind has a problem. Go to a psychologisf youve got a big problem going on. Swera.

Hi there, I appologise as you may have misunderstood my post.

The thing is you see I am English and we have a very unusual and self deprocating sense of humor.

We find pleasure in the unusual and like to play. We take things and see where they will go, sometimes it goes a little wrong.

I know my dog cannot read you see that would be absurd.

For a start he is Spanish and I write in English, to think a dog could not only read but be multilingual would be beyond comprehension.

I thank you for your concern however and wish you well.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

My brother and sister in law's dog learned to spell-kind of. She'd get way too excited when the mentioned the word "park". So they started spelling it. It didn't take long before she knew what it meant.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah, animals aren't going to build a better machine... but they are certainly more aware and similar in mental make up to us mutated apes than most think.

I had a dog who lied... she was caught in the window of a forbidden room, waiting for our return... saw us coming back, ran to her bed across the house and pretended deep sleep when we came in... when we had all seen her a few seconds before framed in the draperies of a big bay glass portal people look through (stupid window glitch).

That takes quite a level of abstract thought.

I also have had many instances where I suspected a dog could get mental images... but with micro gestures and pheromones, it is hard to be sure... but as I've had instances of human to human esp, dog to human 'telepathy' isn't as improbable as some think... but I think I'll just leave it there.

Personally, I'd think body movement cues and smells, or even telepathy, less idiotic than a doggie reading

edit on 6/20/2015 by Baddogma because: stuff

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I didn't say ''read minds'' I said telepathy.

Are you saying you have never experienced any sort of 'telepathic' or ESP ever?

Most people have at least experienced awareness of ESP, it is even demonstrated as scientifically valid.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I just read your post and the dog got up and went to bed....

I still say dogs that can read is more likely than dogs that could read other animals minds.

I can read but I can't read minds and I am far more cleverer than my dog, why think he has mastered the unknown and not something a five year old can do.

Your mind gets in the way.. It's easier for animals than you might think.
You are so cleverer you forgot.

It's not unknown to me either..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

I didn't say ''read minds'' I said telepathy.

Are you saying you have never experienced any sort of 'telepathic' or ESP ever?

Most people have at least experienced awareness of ESP, it is even demonstrated as scientifically valid.

I appologise. Yes I have experienced lots of esp and many strange things.

Just not so much with dogs. Dogs are great but to think that they can achieve feats that are still unproven by humans is a big stretch for me.

Thats why I would say that my dog can read, far more plausable than reading minds.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I thought this was out there by now..
I can feel some of you guys too.. Well when I am not thinking that is.
Been writing a lot today. Very mind centered at the moment.

Have you guys heard of Flow states, or being in the zone, or time flies when you're having fun? Or meditated with no thoughts?

That's where it's at.. You can't think a thought at a dog in language, it's more the feeling of it. But the feeling of it, can be so accurate it's movies, which is probably how the op thought of it in their head, as delicious yummy picture of food, smelling tasting, and share with the dog..

Yea I'd pick that up.

But I've tried to train a cat to read, that already showed the ability to recognize different letters... It's just not even close haha. They need bigger symbols.. Words all look too similar..

My cat is in tune with body, sight, sound... But if he's in the other room, and I all the sudden am in pain, he will run in and say "you ok?" sounds kind of like bweooOOWW, with a concerned look. with his voice and his energy.. I can feel that. He's better at it than me, but like I was saying earlier, I do it a lot of the time by accident..

Oh pizza yes we are getting pizza.
Ex looks confused, so I'm like what I thought you just said you wanted pizza.. Thinking she changed her mind, I was confused..
And when she saw me confused she got more confused till I find out she didn't say anything out loud.

Besides that I posted a video explaining a scientific test where a dog get's up within seconds of an owner deciding to come home from work 50 out of 50 times.. You have to be silly to not get what that means. No one is sending text messages to the dog either.

This isn't directed at the person I am responding to so whatever..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Flow states etc, are a certainty IMO.

I have physically felt the pain whilst sitting at my desk thousands of miles from someone I know who had a bicycle crash. I felt sudden extreme pains in both my elbows, shoulder and ribs to the extent that I I shouted 'owwww' to the concern and disdain of my then colleagues.

More than once I have had the urge to call people when they really needed me and even though hundreds of miles away, got help for them.

I have other more subtle, less intense / more intense experiences of ESP.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What I am suggesting is that my dog is reading my personal messages and email and making informed decisions on it's findings.

Yeah, I know. I was just adding some possibly interesting content to the thread. I don't think your dog is reading your email.

I do think dogs can be trained to recognize certain "shapes" and associate them with commands. Dogs actually use their eyes more than their ears.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
My brother and sister in law's dog learned to spell-kind of. She'd get way too excited when the mentioned the word "park". So they started spelling it. It didn't take long before she knew what it meant.

Same thing happened to us. And now, if we spell a brand new word, he cocks his head because it sounds different from normal speech. He knows we're spelling! He just doesn't know what it spells. LOL!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What I am suggesting is that my dog is reading my personal messages and email and making informed decisions on it's findings.

Yeah, I know. I was just adding some possibly interesting content to the thread. I don't think your dog is reading your email.

I do think dogs can be trained to recognize certain "shapes" and associate them with commands. Dogs actually use their eyes more than their ears.

He is not even what you call a clever dog, thats the odd thing about it all.

He's pretty dumb but he has a knowing look in his eye(can't really talk about it now he's awake)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's the problem with smart dogs. You have to keep outwitting them or they outwit you.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Gee...didn't you know that our pets can read our minds? Animals are very intelligent...I think some people do underestimate them.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Gee...didn't you know that our pets can read our minds? Animals are very intelligent...I think some people do underestimate them.

As for me I hate the word pets, it's one of my pet peeves. My biggest pet peeve is the word pet peeve.. Made up of yucky sounding words.

Anyway. It's actually how I got into knowing more about animals. I don't like to "own" things.. So having an animal in my home involves asking a lot more questions in order to not use my greater physicality and thumbs to Always pick all the stuff.. I know I know. If I was a single guy the animal would have much more freedom, and talking would have almost no need.. You do you.. I do me..

For instance my cat would tell me about the outside, and my girlfriend now ex made him an "indoor cat." He has his claws and all that, but he doesn't use them. He soft paws everything. Anyway, I passed on the message, me want outside.. HE doesn't ask like begging for anything, which is a blessing. Maybe it's because he would feel weird begging when he talks to me already?

I got him to compromise with a leash. Yea yep.. He didn't like it. I couldn't explain it to him except like (pitiful face) "sorry dude, women, am I right?" He didn't get that either, but alas.. Now my ex is the crazy girl talking to a cat on a leash telling him which way to go so the leash doesn't tangle.. LOL...

He loves art, which is a funny one. He gets embarrassed if you catch him starring. He will make lovey eyes at the Art and then look at who made that piece and do lovey eyes again.. Loves the color pink. He's not Relentlessly gay though. Funniest thing is that he will only talk to humans, and will even call you over to look at something, but if there is a dog or a cat around, he just looks at them like they have no clue what is up.

hahahaha...

None of that is psychic behavior but because of all of that behavior he became connected to me. We feel each others pain and emotions and stuff like that.

All of that was to say he is the only psychic cat I have ever had, but every dog I have had has been psychic. Dogs in general have more of an emotional connection. I think the connection that is the channel of the psychic type experiences is summed up in a word..

and the Word is,

Love.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

You have a talent for expressing yourself...I enjoyed reading your words...I like people who help me to expand my thinking process.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

No dont apologise its me who should say, my bad.
So being an englishman you are " unusual sense of humor" may be misinterpreted or not accounted for. But It could be understood I guess.
Thanks for the well wishes.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
One of our cats was caught on several occasions nudging open my notebooks/journal and I swear they're black ops on assignment. And the possibility that family is checking up on you via cat or dog life, temporarily, exists, along with reincarnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join