It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Yelling in Dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream in which my sister-in-law and I were looking through the garden. Everything looked dead, and the small fruits of the tomatoes and cucumbers were covered in small thorns. My sister in law said, "These aren't edible." I replied, "We just have to pick them." I looked back at the plants and they were suddenly brightly coloured, but growing strangely on bushes, not like normal tomatoes and cucumbers.

Just as I reached out to pick a cucumber, the thorns grew back, and I pricked my finger.

I woke up suddenly and heard a loud voice shout, "WOLF!"

It scared the living crap out of me. I often have extremely vivid dreams, or lucid dreams, so the dream itself doesn't shock me. Has anyone else experienced some kind of aural aftermath when waking up from a dream? This is the first time I can remember this happening.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Are you sure it wasn't you shouting out?
I have woken from a few dreams screaming,and thought it was a sound from my dream,only to find out I woke up others in the house..
Pretty unnerving to say the least.
Haven't a clue why it happened.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

haha you "cried WOLF!" so this obviously never happened.

Yes I have. Mostly not lately.

Here are 2:

1) I was a knight and had 3 guys putting on my armor, one guy was putting a red velvet pillow in my "coddpiece" LOLs anyway they get my armor on and lift me up onto the horse with some crane like thingy.. I joust or am about to and wake.

that's when the voice started and the wall was like a projector screen was on it. Lit up square and a movie about knights was playing. The voice if I looked away from the movie would scream at me the information about knights, so I was forced to watch it. I look over at my sleeping cousin. I decide to run out of the room and wake my mom. I do and when she takes me back the movie was over..

2) I had some dream about a tea kettle chasing me around flying in the air above me.. It was trying to scold me with steaming hot boiling water.

I wake up and Look over at my "toy basket." In it my "pumpkin head" rag doll type thing puts it's arm up and then pulls itself out of the basket.. I yell for my parents they wake up and start to open their door and the doll says something like "they can't see, or I don't care." and goes lifeless.. Parents run in like wth? And they do not believe me.

These were as a kid.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I don't think it was me. I didn't really think of that option; but, my voice is very quiet and high pitched, I'm not a good yeller. The voice from my dream was more like a mans, loud and booming.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i had a dream a couple years ago where I was screaming and wanting to get away from something, woke up and not sure what the dream was about, probably just fantasy and overactive imagination

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Oh my lord, the pumpkin head thing gave me the heebie's.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Oh my lord, the pumpkin head thing gave me the heebie's.

I got a little nervous remembering that one. The knight one was much scarier. It lasted maybe 5 minutes, before I had the courage to run.. Courage to run lol, anyway.

I Love your avatar. It's killer.
one of my faves.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would say that it is a sexual symbolic dream.
The bush, tomatoes, cucumber.
Sex is taboo between relatives so perhaps an impulse was relegated to the subconscious to re-emerge in a dream?
The drawing of blood is a sign of fertility, and the thorns might represent the taboo.
Wolf is the desire for sex without love, perhaps someone was being perceived as wolf like and lusting?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Is that dream the catalyst for your username?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Thank you for the analysis. It's interesting, but I'm quite skeptical of symbolism in dreams. I don't know my sister in law well enough to want to secretly have sex with her, really.

Also, I didn't see any blood in the dream.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Is that dream the catalyst for your username?

Nope.. That was 25 years ago.
My username came to me as I was thinking about myself.
shortly before I made my account.

A Knight.. And a Night Light.. My old avatar someone made, has a sunrise and a moon, and 7 stars, a knight and a lake, a red cape.. He holds his sword..

Can't believe someone made that for me as I asked for "a knight near some water it's dark, but there is a light.. and put a moon"

Let me see.... Can't remember how to full screen my avatar haha. What tangled webs..
edit on 20-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It could be a case of Exploding Head Syndrome.

I've heard shouts, bangs and sometimes a sound that makes me think of a garage door opening quickly.
Usually, for me at least, they happen when I'm very tired and in a hypnogogic state.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The sex drive is pretty powerful and is always a possibility.
It's you dream though,in some traditions you are not supposed to analyze others dreams.
All thought, logic, and visual perception functions at a symbolic level so I think it inescapable.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I would say simply that maybe your spirit guide is trying to warn you symbolically that something or someone is about to come into your future and things are not always add they appear. To beware the wolf.

I am lmao at your comment..... I don't know my sister in law well enough to wasn't too sleep with her lol. That's funny

top topics

join