It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time we worked together yet on our "gun problem"?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

No Im not homeless and no I didn't steal a cup of coffee so nobody shot me 43 times

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Answer:

Your nation's propaganda artists deserve a medal.

The only propaganda I have received here in my country is a long life lived without a fear of guns, or a fear of being shot.

Strangely enough, I've lived my life without a fear of guns or a fear of being shot... even though I grew up in a city with an incredibly high crime rate.

I couldn't say the same if I visited America.

Because you've bought into the propaganda. Plain and simple.

People use guns to kill people in America.

You're much more likely to fall to your death, accidentally poison yourself, die in a car accident, or die in any number of other ways in America. Do you go around in constant fear of those things, as well?

When it happens they advocate more guns to solve the issue, meaning only the bad people get shot, but that is not the case is it? Many people are shot in anger by decent law abiding people, rage is a funny thing, so is jealousy and passion.

Oh really? Where are your stats to back that up? I'd love to see the numbers on that "scary" statistic you have there.

A repeal of the 2nd amendment would not be an attack on your rights, it would be a common sense reaction to gun violence in America.

By that logic, repealing the 1st Amendment would be much more effective because then we could eliminate religion, harsh words, name-calling, and being impolite to others. That would work MUCH better than getting rid of guns.

What we have here is a person who's ignorant of America and believes every stereotype they're force fed by their media and movies. Your behavior is offensive.
edit on 6/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Navy Doc:

Considering you don't have the balls to put your country up we have to ask...

Elysiumfire:

Here in Britain we do okay without guns. We can own them, but not many people want them.

Do pay attention in class, page 6. And our stats are better than yours when it comes to gun violence.

link   

originally posted by: khnum

No Im not homeless and no I didn't steal a cup of coffee so nobody shot me 43 times

AH, so you survived the evil America and the evil gun owners unscathed did you? AMAZING!!!!!!!

link   

AH, so you survived the evil America and the evil gun owners unscathed did you? AMAZING!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Amswer:

By that logic, repealing the 1st Amendment would be much more effective because then we could eliminate religion...

Don't worry, that is next on my agenda.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Navy Doc:

Considering you don't have the balls to put your country up we have to ask...

Elysiumfire:

Here in Britain we do okay without guns. We can own them, but not many people want them.

Do pay attention in class, page 6. And our stats are better than yours when it comes to gun violence.

Speaking of playing attention in class, if your homicide rate of today with very strict gun control is half of what it was in 1950 with almost no gun control, how can you say with a straight face that gun control made you safer?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No America is not evil nor are its people but there are some people there that cannot or will not process the fact that there could be just a teensy weensy bit of a gun violence problem there

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Answer

Where is this mile? When was the last time a gun was taken personally from your hands?

No inch has been given so no results can be seen either way. How is an extra form or waiting period a sign of a dictatorship government?

Fact is, if you make no changes to a system that is already proven to be flawed like gun control/ownership is, you are going to see a repeat of the same events over and over again like I said in my last post. In this case, is convenience really truly more valuable than a human life? Because that is what it is boiling down to, and it makes gun owners look crass and selfish.

I just realized that you're in Canada. Clearly you haven't followed US gun laws over the last 2 decades like I have.

I've literally watched American gun laws being argued for/against, being passed/relaxed, expiring, being renewed, etc. etc. and each time there was no effect on crime rates.

I've watched the anti-gun side sneak legislation into various bills using dishonest methods. I've watched them lie and manipulate numbers to push their agenda. I've watched them claim over and over what they think is "sensible."

They don't want to compromise in any way that a 2nd Amendment supporter would accept. Period.

Their opinion is basically: "We don't want to take ALL your guns away, just these over here... and these ones... and we're going to limit this and this... and we're going to make this more expensive and difficult for you to obtain... and we're going to make this a big hassle for you..." All the while, NONE of that effects criminals or the ability for an insane person to access a firearm illegally.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No America is not evil nor are its people but there are some people there that cannot or will not process the fact that there could be just a teensy weensy bit of a gun violence problem there

We have a problem with criminals and we recognize that restricting the rights of the law abiding will not restrict the criminals in any way.

link   
a reply to: khnum

Honestly if you or any other outsider don't like or are afraid of evil guns then please don't visit or try to tell us what we should do in our country you wouldn't like it if we told you how to live.

link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It doesn't matter anyway. Americans (most of them) want to leave the Second Amendment intact. In this country, it is very difficult to just eliminate a Constitutional Amendment, especially one of the Bill of Rights amendments, and especially if it's a sacred one like the 2A.

What is the procedure to repeal an amendment to the US Constitution?

Constitution of the United States of America, Article V: The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article, and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate. So, An amendment removing an amendment is a repeal.

link   
Answer:

11,000 gun-related homicides per year.

How many years? You see, that's the difference between you and I, you are happy to accept that statistic, I couldn't. I would seriously look at my mindset if I were you, but I'm not, and I don't need to. Anyway, it's bedtime.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There's a huge violence and crime problem in many U.S. cities.

Why do you think so many Americans carry guns for self defense?

Solve the crime problem first and then MAYBE you'll get people to lighten up on having their guns messed with.

link   

Amswer:

By that logic, repealing the 1st Amendment would be much more effective because then we could eliminate religion...

Don't worry, that is next on my agenda.

Ah, safety through fascism--the men who fought fascism during the battle of Britain must be very sad as to what the British male has become.

link   
Most are gang related and thug on thug killings. Natural selection at work, imo.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Where in this thread have I told you what to do all I did was mention some statistics without any great commentary in fact I have said several times in this thread I am not stupid enough to argue gun control on an American website.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What is the procedure to repeal an amendment to the US Constitution?

It depends who wants the what right repealed. Usually, I should think it consists of a deal in a hotel room and the exchange of money. How else can one account for the dilution of rights in America and other countries? Even though rights are being diluted, no gun owner was harmed in the reduction of the rights, because they didn't fight for them, as per 2nd amendment, so why have it?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Navy Doc:

-the men who fought fascism during the battle of Britain must be very sad as to what the British male has become.

Lol! I should think both mine and yours ancestral compatriots would be ashamed of the modern male. I can hardly be counted as modern, but thanks for the compliment.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

btw, to anyone that says I'm just an Aussie and that US politics is none of my concern. Well to bad, these mass shootings are flashed all over my tv as much as yours.

Yep, because the Aussie and UK governments have to force feed the negative publicity about guns to you so you'll continue to believe that restrictive gun regulations are a good thing.

It's pure propaganda and you've bought into it 100%. It's amazing that the UK and Australian members can't see that they've been fed LOADS of propaganda on "gun crime" to make them believe that their countries are safer now that guns are so hard to get. Why don't you look into overall violent crime and murder rates using the REAL data, not the numbers that are skewed by faulty methods. You've been fed a load of bull.

Have you ever wondered why your country and the UK media invented the term "gun crime" in the first place? They created a new category of crime so they can talk strictly about rises and falls within that category without addressing the overall violent crime problem. If they say "gun crime is dropping!" it looks good to the idiots who aren't paying attention to the overall murder rates. It's a classic diversion.

Here's the side of guns that your media will NEVER tell you about:

Guns saving lives.

Either I'm being lied to and I need to be armed because the world is a much more dangerous place than I think it is, or your being lied to and there's no need to be armed because the world is not as dangerous as you think it is. It goes both ways mate.

But it's an irrelevant point anyway. I mean, in Australia your not allowed to own a firearm for the purpose of protection and the majority of Aussies are just fine with that, because they feel they live in a relatively safe society. But, apparently the majority of Americans feel they live in a much more dangerous society and want to uphold there right to posses a firearm for protection, which is also just fine.

So fight to keep your right to own firearms for protection, if you feel that's important. But what would be the issue in needing a license in 'all' states to own one? Why would there be an issue in needing to individually register each firearm in 'all' states, so all firearms can be traced back to the original buyer? Why do you need semi-auto long barreled guns with high capacity magazines? I mean, what are you guys protecting yourselves from over there, herds of Elephants? You must have some tough wildlife over there that would need 30 consecutive rounds to be taken out.

You may make a decent argument against completely banning American citizens from owning any firearm. But you haven't made one single rational argument as to why there shouldn't be more effective regulations for owning firearms, to prevent unstable people from getting them, or to prevent criminals from buying them legally and then selling them on the black market.

Pointing out a state that has tight regulations and still has a high rate of gun violence, is deliberately ignoring the fact that for regulations to be effective, the must apply to all states.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join