It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time we worked together yet on our "gun problem"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Answer:

What you're advocating is a direct attack on my lifestyle and my beliefs.

Not at all, just a little inconvenience that's all. Don't forget, it won't be just you, it will be everyone, so you'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: NavyDoc

No I wasn't shot at but half of the Washington hotels customers were people from as far away as Philadelphia there to protest Police violence Ill repeat a lot of your fellow countrymen are growing tired of it all,as for arguing gun control on an American website as I said Im not that stupid so sorry not biting.

You do realize that Washington DC has the some of the strictest gun control in the nation right? With one of the highest crime rates.

They were there to "protest police violence?" So how is it logical to only want those evil police armed then?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Answer:

Blaming gun owners as a whole for the behavior of criminals is completely idiotic.

Who is blaming gun owners? It is a fact that because of the uncontrollable gun rampages occurring too often, and too many lives being wasted, the only option is to take the decision to ban gun ownership outright and remove them out of society.

Why would you do this? Because it is a step in the right direction. It is a step that says the lives of Americans are more important than a low right to own a weapon.

Just stop.

Clearly you don't understand the issue because you don't live here and you have no exposure to the lifestyle.

You continue to belittle gun rights because of your lack of understanding. Cultural differences are at play here and you're too ignorant to accept it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I'm not talking about sweeping bans. One of the recent attempts to change some of the gun legislation was to prevent, specifically, mentally ill individuals from having access to weapons. It was meant to create another step/barrier in light of the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings. Gun owners, that already owned their weapons, were the ones most vocal about getting it shut down, claiming it violated their constitutional rights. Truthfully, it was purely because they didn't want the inconvenience of another form to fill out, another couple of days to wait for approval.

Now it has turned into an endless cycle that you can literally predict. Mass shooting happens ----> Government suggests possible way to regulate the sale of guns more as a preventative measure ----> Gun owners go ape sh*t ----> Legislation gets defeated ----> Mass shooting happens ----> Government suggests possible way to regulate the sale of guns more as a preventative measure ----> Gun owners go ape sh*t ----> Legislation gets defeated ----> Mass shooting happens

And you get the picture. From Columbine to Charleston, it just continues.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Answer:

Typical when someone runs out of rebuttals...

You don't and never did, have an argument, so there's nothing to rebut. You want your gun no matter who or how many die.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I haven't argued one way or the other with regards to Police your now on the psychic channel are you?
no you have seen my posts and you are trying to bait me once again sorry not biting.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Answer:

What you're advocating is a direct attack on my lifestyle and my beliefs.

Not at all, just a little inconvenience that's all. Don't forget, it won't be just you, it will be everyone, so you'll be fine.

"You gays don't need to get married... it's just a little inconvenience. You'll be fine."

"You Muslims don't need religion..."

"You Jews don't need to stay in your homes... the camps are just a little inconvenience and you get to go see all your jew friends as well, so you'll be fine."

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Answer:

Typical when someone runs out of rebuttals...

You don't and never did, have an argument, so there's nothing to rebut. You want your gun no matter who or how many die.

This debate has run its course. If you can't see what you're advocating, I have nothing more to say to you.

Your nation's propaganda artists deserve a medal.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Answer:

Just stop.

Absolutely not, I'm going to keep on. I am taking a stand against gun ownership, and I will not be silent.

You continue to belittle gun rights because of your lack of understanding.

I understand this...America's gun rights allows guns to get into the wrong hands. So, remove the gun rights, because you don't need them, then remove the guns. Problem sorted.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I'm not talking about sweeping bans. One of the recent attempts to change some of the gun legislation was to prevent, specifically, mentally ill individuals from having access to weapons. It was meant to create another step/barrier in light of the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings. Gun owners, that already owned their weapons, were the ones most vocal about getting it shut down, claiming it violated their constitutional rights. Truthfully, it was purely because they didn't want the inconvenience of another form to fill out, another couple of days to wait for approval.

Now it has turned into an endless cycle that you can literally predict. Mass shooting happens ----> Government suggests possible way to regulate the sale of guns more as a preventative measure ----> Gun owners go ape sh*t ----> Legislation gets defeated ----> Mass shooting happens ----> Government suggests possible way to regulate the sale of guns more as a preventative measure ----> Gun owners go ape sh*t ----> Legislation gets defeated ----> Mass shooting happens

And you get the picture. From Columbine to Charleston, it just continues.

You missed the point. They ALWAYS say that they "just want some sensible restrictions to do x and x and x" but when they're given an inch, they try to take a mile.

Part of those "sensible restrictions to keep guns away from the mentally ill" included a sweeping "assault weapons" ban and limits on magazine capacity.

Don't let their coy approach fool you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Answer:

Blaming gun owners as a whole for the behavior of criminals is completely idiotic.

Who is blaming gun owners? It is a fact that because of the uncontrollable gun rampages occurring too often, and too many lives being wasted, the only option is to take the decision to ban gun ownership outright and remove them out of society.

Why would you do this? Because it is a step in the right direction. It is a step that says the lives of Americans are more important than a low right to own a weapon.

Just stop.

Clearly you don't understand the issue because you don't live here and you have no exposure to the lifestyle.

You continue to belittle gun rights because of your lack of understanding. Cultural differences are at play here and you're too ignorant to accept it.

And he seems to think that fascism is a good solution to perceived problems.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Answer:

Just stop.

Absolutely not, I'm going to keep on. I am taking a stand against gun ownership, and I will not be silent.

I understand this...America's gun rights allows guns to get into the wrong hands. So, remove the gun rights, because you don't need them, then remove the guns. Problem sorted.

Like our war on drugs has kept heroin and meth out of the hands of addicts?

Do you even logic, bro?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Answer:

Just stop.

Luckily, you can take a stand all you want and it's irrelevant since you do not live here.

It blows my mind that people from other countries think they have a right to spout nonsense about an American pastime. Evidently, my points about trying to argue an issue when you've only been exposed to the negative side fell on deaf ears.

310,000,000 privately owned firearms.
11,000 gun-related murders.

Shall I break out the real murder rates in the UK as an example for why you shouldn't trust what your government tells you about guns?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I haven't argued one way or the other with regards to Police your now on the psychic channel are you?
no you have seen my posts and you are trying to bait me once again sorry not biting.

You said there were there to protest the police. YOU brought it up.

Again. You were in the US and were injured by a gun how many times?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Answer:

The only propaganda I have received here in my country is a long life lived without a fear of guns, or a fear of being shot. I couldn't say the same if I visited America. People use guns to kill people in America. When it happens they advocate more guns to solve the issue, meaning only the bad people get shot, but that is not the case is it? Many people are shot in anger by decent law abiding people, rage is a funny thing, so is jealousy and passion.

A repeal of the 2nd amendment would not be an attack on your rights, it would be a common sense reaction to gun violence in America.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
answer:

It blows my mind that people from other countries think they have a right to spout nonsense about an American pastime.

Why am I not surprised that you call gun violence an American past time. Way to go there. It is not about rights, it about to contribution to the debate, allbeit, one you don't agree with.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Where is this mile? When was the last time a gun was taken personally from your hands?

No inch has been given so no results can be seen either way. How is an extra form or waiting period a sign of a dictatorship government?

Fact is, if you make no changes to a system that is already proven to be flawed like gun control/ownership is, you are going to see a repeat of the same events over and over again like I said in my last post. In this case, is convenience really truly more valuable than a human life? Because that is what it is boiling down to, and it makes gun owners look crass and selfish.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It blows my mind that people from other countries think they have a right to spout nonsense about an American pastime. Evidently, my points about trying to argue an issue when you've only been exposed to the negative side fell on deaf ears.

Because America minds its own business all the time, right? *eye roll*

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Answer:

The only propaganda I have received here in my country is a long life lived without a fear of guns, or a fear of being shot. I couldn't say the same if I visited America. People use guns to kill people in America. When it happens they advocate more guns to solve the issue, meaning only the bad people get shot, but that is not the case is it? Many people are shot in anger by decent law abiding people, rage is a funny thing, so is jealousy and passion.

A repeal of the 2nd amendment would not be an attack on your rights, it would be a common sense reaction to gun violence in America.

Considering you don't have the balls to put your country up we have to ask--what country are we talking about? Then we can have a reasonable exploration of the stats and cause and effect.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Navy Doc:

Do you even logic, bro?

Do you do grammar? I'm not your 'Bro'. Drugs and guns are entirely separate issues. However, seeing that you brought the issue up, a lot of gun rampages in America have been committed by people adversely affected by over-the-counter or proscribed drugs, heroin and meth don't really enter into it. Aren't guns the choice of weapons to push drugs, to traffic them?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join