It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time we worked together yet on our "gun problem"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well that's weird, I've heard three different stories on how he got his gun. All from the news. First was he purchased it legally, then it was his mother bought him one, now it's his father bought him one. Lol @ journalism.

Nice post, though.
However I think America needs to get priorities straight. Four months ago I was terrified of measles, before that ISIS, after that again ISIS, now just this week, I'm terrified of white people with guns.
I think I need a vaccine for terror and stress, I can't talk to people in this condition. Not with wild red eyeballs and trembling hands.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

You forgot JADE HELM!!!

Howard Dean yell: Rrraaaaahhhhh

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
a reply to: Asktheanimals

yes, they're supposed to provide us regular citizens 'protection' from violent-thug-criminals-haters but nowdays its the criminals or criminally-minded thugs that actually use them to 'off' people for their own perverted reasons

You might want to look into the number of news articles where regular citizens use firearms to protect themselves from criminals. It happens A LOT but it doesn't hit the national media so nobody notices. There are dozens from this year alone and those are JUST THE ONES that were reported to local news stations. Typically when someone pulls a gun and the criminals run away without incident, it never makes the news.

Go here and read. It's very enlightening. Civilians use guns to protect themselves.

These stories fly in the face of the left's anti-gun agenda so they never make it to national news.
edit on 6/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

btw, to anyone that says I'm just an Aussie and that US politics is none of my concern. Well to bad, these mass shootings are flashed all over my tv as much as yours.

Yep, because the Aussie and UK governments have to force feed the negative publicity about guns to you so you'll continue to believe that restrictive gun regulations are a good thing.

It's pure propaganda and you've bought into it 100%. It's amazing that the UK and Australian members can't see that they've been fed LOADS of propaganda on "gun crime" to make them believe that their countries are safer now that guns are so hard to get. Why don't you look into overall violent crime and murder rates using the REAL data, not the numbers that are skewed by faulty methods. You've been fed a load of bull.

Have you ever wondered why your country and the UK media invented the term "gun crime" in the first place? They created a new category of crime so they can talk strictly about rises and falls within that category without addressing the overall violent crime problem. If they say "gun crime is dropping!" it looks good to the idiots who aren't paying attention to the overall murder rates. It's a classic diversion.

Here's the side of guns that your media will NEVER tell you about:

Guns saving lives.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This whole argument about guns stems from the fact that the vast majority of people see one side of the issue because that is ALL you get from the media.

Tell me, how would people view marijuana legalization if we only heard about the negatives?

How would people view automobiles if we only heard about the negatives?

How would people feel about nuclear energy if we only heard about the negatives?

How would people feel about police officers if we only heard about the negatives?

It's not hard to see where I'm going with this. Have you EVER seen a positive story about firearms in the national news?

There are over 310,000,000 privately owned firearms in the U.S. that are used for self-defense, recreation, hunting, sporting events, defending livestock, and a multitude of other positive uses but people only care about guns when an insane individual uses one to commit an act of murder. It is literally the same as pushing to regulate knives because someone was stabbed to death but the anti-gun crowd thinks that's a silly comparison because "knives are used for lots of things besides killing." The entire argument comes from a position of ignorance and from an opinion formed by a biased media.

As long as the anti-gun side proclaims that my guns are pointless and they're only good for killing, I'll continue to consider all of their points laughably idiotic and refuse to enter into any "discussion" about giving up my rights. You might as well be attacking an entire religion because of a few bad apples. THAT's how we gun owners see the issue. The same leftists who go apeshyte if someone accuses all Muslims of being terrorists want to ban guns because a small portion are used to commit crimes. The irony is breathtaking.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It is simple really. Ban all guns from public places, ban them utterly and completely. Repeal the 2nd amendment, take it off the books, it is a complete waste of time anyway. Don't debate it, just do it. Get the law written and set up to finally force the issue. Guns and gun-ownership are not more important than peoples lives. If you are a gun owner and think your ownership of a gun is more important than the lives of others, then you should be the first to be visited by the whatever agency is set up to confiscate guns off owners...or you can be shot dead while trying to keep them.

There. Problem sorted. Thank me later.

edit on 21/6/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
It is simple really. Ban all guns from public places, ban them utterly and completely. Repeal the 2nd amendment, take it off the books, it is a complete waste of time anyway. Don't debate it, just do it. Get the law written and set up to finally force the issue. Guns and gun-ownership are not more important than peoples lives. If you are a gun owner and think your ownership of a gun is more important than the lives of others, then you should be the first to be visited by the whatever agency is set up to confiscate guns off owners...or you can be shot dead while trying to keep them.

Is this is where we are all supposed to shout "Sieg Heil" or does that come after you suggest annexing the Sudetenland?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
NavyDoc:

Is this is where we are all supposed to shout "Sieg Heil" or does that come after you suggest annexing the Sudetenland?

Don't be bloody ridiculous! Just hand your guns in...you don't need them, especially in a city as there is not much wildlife, so just hand them in.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

NavyDoc:

Don't be bloody ridiculous! Just hand your guns in...you don't need them, especially in a city as there is not much wildlife, so just hand them in.

You'll have to come and take them yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Parthin96

This year guns will kill more people than cars in your country but hey keep your guns and your right it is different there but I was in America in December and I can tell you a lot of people, a lot more than you think are getting tired of all the killing.I wont argue gun control or anything like that on an American website though Im not that stupid

And let me guess--while you were here, you were safe and were not shot by a single gun. Am I right?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So you only want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens?

Do you think criminals will abide by your wishes?

If the world worked like your fantasy scenario, the simple fact that murder is illegal would prevent all future murders. Do you see the flaw in your insane logic?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

NavyDoc:

Why should I, a law abiding citizen who has never committed a criminal act, turn over my personal property to anyone?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

NavyDoc:

Go ahead and convince the criminals to hand theirs in first, then MAYBE you'll have an excuse to come after everyone else's.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

No I wasn't shot at but half of the Washington hotels customers were people from as far away as Philadelphia there to protest Police violence Ill repeat a lot of your fellow countrymen are growing tired of it all,as for arguing gun control on an American website as I said Im not that stupid so sorry not biting.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Answer:

So you only want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens?

Why are people being ridiculous? I didn't say take guns away from law-abiding people. I said ban all guns in public places. Then set up the law so that all guns can be confiscated. The implication being, to confiscate guns off every owner, law abiding or not. If they won't give them up, shoot them dead, then take the guns.

Do you see the flaw in your insane logic?

Sorry no. All I see is the insanity in America. Canada has guns, where are the gun rampages. Perhaps it is because Canadians are more socially sane then Americans? Here in Britain we do okay without guns. We can own them, but not many people want them. Do you see the insanity of your logic?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
NavyDoc:

Why should I, a law abiding citizen who has never committed a criminal act, turn over my personal property to anyone?

Simply because it is a gun and it is lethal. America has shown that it is not responsible or mature enough to allow domestic gun ownership. The 2nd amendment was the worse idea to ever get written as a 'right'.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Parthin96

This year guns will kill more people than cars in your country but hey keep your guns and your right it is different there but I was in America in December and I can tell you a lot of people, a lot more than you think are getting tired of all the killing.I wont argue gun control or anything like that on an American website though Im not that stupid

Good god, man, what sort of propaganda are they feeding you? Pay attention to your source and the numbers that are being provided.

Automobile deaths in the U.S. annually: Around 33,000.

Firearm homicides in the U.S. annually: Around 11,000.

You definitely shouldn't argue gun control with such MASSIVELY incorrect information floating around in your head. Those homicide numbers also include cases of self-defense and police officer shootings so the actual number of MURDERS committed with a firearm is even lower.

Bringing suicides into the mix is a deliberate attempt to skew the numbers because the suicidal individuals likely would have found another method if a gun was not available. 60% of the total firearm death numbers are suicides but Japan, where almost nobody has a firearm, has DOUBLE the suicide rate of the U.S. The U.S. suicide rate is about the same as Great Britain, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland and well below France and Greenland. Access to guns does not correlate to a higher suicide rate.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

If you include suicide by gun or 60 per cent of gun deaths and accidental death another 3 per cent you exceed your 33000 figures are FBI's and as I said rational debate on this is not possible so I couldn't be bothered but I am glad I live where I live and dont have to worry about mass murdering psychos with high rate of fire weapons due to tough gun laws
edit on 21-6-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You're RIGHT there IS a gun problem I need one MORE ,I'm too poor to buy a REALLY good sniper rifle to train with.
I suppose the 7 I have will have to do...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

NavyDoc:

Simply because it is a gun and it is lethal. America has shown that it is not responsible or mature enough to allow domestic gun ownership. The 2nd amendment was the worse idea to ever get written as a 'right'.

310,000,000 privately owned firearms.

11,000 gun-related homicides per year.

Get out of here with your nonsense about Americans not being responsible or mature. Some Muslims are terrorists, therefore all Muslims aren't mature enough to practice their religion without going radical and murdering people, right? That's your logic at work.

Get a clue.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join