It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time we worked together yet on our "gun problem"?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If people want to do something about gun violence they need to start in the inner city, stay in the inner city, and end it in the inner city.

This culture is the only one with a gun problem. Fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: morebeer

OK, so define "gun problem" ... I'd wager that the residents of Sandy Hook, Columbine and any non-inner city area that had a horrific shooting would disagree. Could be those folks have lost perspective I guess ... and maybe you'd call those shootings "gun incidents" rather than a "gun problem"

FYI - I'm not disagreeing with you really, just trying expand on your statement

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: morebeer
If people want to do something about gun violence they need to start in the inner city, stay in the inner city, and end it in the inner city.

This culture is the only one with a gun problem. Fact.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. People, white and black, are sick and tired of the thug culture. We are tire of pouring hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into programs that have utterly failed this population of leeches, drug addicts, criminals, and losers.

The fix definitely needs to begin in the inner city thug culture. That's why when I hear about all the gang murders and thug on thug killings, I don't get all teary-eyed over it.

We need to find a way to restore the nuclear family. When 73% of African American babies are born out of wedlock and 67% of black children grow up in single parent households, there is a problem.

When did "single mom" become a badge of honor?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
I didn't read all responses but but first reaction is to say "yes" ... step 1 has to be: get all (I'd settle for almost all) guns out of criminals hands & off the streets.

Only then should we start restricting what law abiding citizens can own.

You'll never get a small fraction of the firearms out of the criminals hands because...they're criminals.

There's no good rational for restricting what types of firearms law abiding citizens can own. The minute you put restrictions on the law abiding citizens, you only create more victims for the criminals. You wanna be a victim? Fine, volonteer to be one by failing to protect yourself or your family. But you have no right to insist the rest of the law abiding population sign up to be victims.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Not to mention creating more criminals. Because I will not, should the day ever come, turn mine over.

Nor would many gun owners I know. Neither are we going to start shooting cops or anything like that, we just will not comply.

...and I can hide 'em better than they can find 'em.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

When did "single mom" become a badge of honor?

When did it become a badge of shame?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Every time I shoot my Glock, I flinch up and to the left. How do I solve this?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...and I can hide 'em better than they can find 'em.

In a pinch I can make 'em.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Every time I shoot my Glock, I flinch up and to the left. How do I solve this?

Flinching causes you to shoot low, you've got something else going on.

You probably have sight picture and trigger pull issues. The vast majority of handgun accuracy problems can be solved with retraining on proper sight picture and a slight modification to how you grip the pistol.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but, my problem is only with my Glock. It doesn't happen with my Browning, Beretta, S&W or Colt. I'm dead nuts on with those.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but, my problem is only with my Glock. It doesn't happen with my Browning, Beretta, S&W or Colt. I'm dead nuts on with those.

Grip angle of the Glock is likely your problem then or your pushing thanks to the double action trigger. I'm assuming the Browning, Beretta, and Colt are all being fired in single action... what about your S&W?

If I watched you shoot, I could correct the problem in 5 seconds...

I've seen a lot of people who are extremely accurate with certain types of pistols and they suck with others but it all comes down to problems with fundamentals. If your grip, sight alignment, and trigger control are correct, you'll hit where you're aiming. My tip would be to spend some time dry firing the Glock and figure out what you're doing differently that's causing the issue.
edit on 6/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I seen this story on the news for a bit. The guy was a bit mental, and other causes may have to be looked into. But blaming it on the guns is kind of pointless. Really the whole point was that guns are to easy and convenient to get a hold of. But realistically if the guy was going to do the deed, there are so many ways in which to do it. He could have bared the doors chucked some propane tanks in there and set fire to the whole thing, or set it all up before hand and nobody would even know who or what, it would turn that little church gathering into an inferno and would have been 100% more deadly then running in there gunning people down.

I think this is a more disturbed individuals problem then a gun problem. I mean if he could not get a hold of a gun, and if he was really set on murder, even a dumb ass like him could come up with a bunch of other ways to achieve that which would have been more deadly.

They need to have better check ups on gun purchases, but I do not think eliminating guns would solve the problem of crazy disturbed people, because there two different things all together and guns are merely a tool, a very specific and sometime to convenient tool but still a tool. Its basically a symptom to the sickness, which in all likelihood may have more to do with SSRI's and drugs and lifestyles then the weapons and means used themselves.

It would only really change the ways they go about it when they flip. Instead of just running in there gun-crazy, well they may just get a little creative or do it in other ways, remember McVeigh, he blew up a massive building with what is essentially cow manure. Are we to ban cow manure then? So in all, its highly unlikely that if you remove all guns which is an impossibility in itself, as then all it would do is that it guns will go underground and then only the criminals would have them, even if you tried. But even even you somehow got all guns off the streets, well the crazys will still find other possibly more creative ways of doing what they do.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Ya exactly a car has the potential to be just as deadly if not far more deadly then a gun in such a sittuation... And crazy will find a way.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

CAUSE that has worked in gun controlled areas SO well..downtrend.com...
NO way they can take what we have from us,Controlling access only helps the bad guys with targetting.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I don't know what the trigger pull is like on a Glock, but I'd guess you're overcompensating for that or the grip doesn't fit ya.

I bought a snub nose Taurus .357 and it came with two grips. I can't hit snip with the smaller grip and it's the one that fits me best for CC. Practice, practice, practice!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: JIMC5499

I don't know what the trigger pull is like on a Glock, but I'd guess you're overcompensating for that or the grip doesn't fit ya.

I bought a snub nose Taurus .357 and it came with two grips. I can't hit snip with the smaller grip and it's the one that fits me best for CC. Practice, practice, practice!

It's a glorious moment when you get to the point where you can pick up any pistol and drive nails with it.

It takes years, and hundreds of thousands of rounds fired, but it's awesome to realize that you've mastered something.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I haven't mastered all of my pistols, but I can drive nails with my .44 mag!

Well, to be fair, with the nine inch barrel, anyone can drive nails with it. Most accurate pistol I've ever shot!

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes, I'm bringing up a thread I started several years ago.

Can we agree that our current laws need enforced properly?

When people know they will be held accountable for their actions, be it prison or death, that's when folks will stop their madness.

Everybody wants something done to stop this BS, Except enforce the current laws we already have.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting to old and am not woke enough?

In my personal opinion, we either enforce our current laws, or we deal with the BS that follows...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If Every Adult American Citizen were Allowed to Open Carry a Personal Firearm on their Person in Public at All Times , then Violent Crime would Almost Cease to Exist in this Country . You Cannot Argue with that Logic IMO . No One WANTS to be Shot.........

edit on 25-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Get rid of the guns that have the most firepower and speed of shooting. I believe they're called "assault rifles". Make them taboo, just like shoulder rocket launchers, and hand grenades.

When our country matures to the point where we are a less violent society, those weapons can be made available again.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join