It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Created My Own Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I've had these little bugs flying around for a couple of seeks. Had no idea what they were or where they came from.

After a couple weeks or so, however long it's been, I was starting to get really pissed. As if I wasn't before, trying to figure out where they were coming from.

There's been no changes in the yard or house, so where are they coming from?

Sometimes, I forget things. For months on end. Like the garbage can full of rain water that is hiding behind the back door of the house. You know, the one full of standing water which is a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. It only rains here two or three times a year, so it's been a while. A long while, since it rained. I forgot about it for that long.

In my defense, they were little tiny buggers and not easily recognizable. I've got fly strips all over the place and all I needed to do was get rid of the water.

I was so pissed off thinking it was some other BS and it turns out to be my own fault. Infestations aren't fun and I was so sure it was some other junk, some other persons fault or nature. Nope, it couldn't be me and my laziness.

That aside, I'm still always right. May take me a while but I'm always right. Nope, never been proven wrong yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I got an nasty fly infestation, i blame Beelzebub, my house may be a hell portal i cannot find any other explanation

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'm so sorry you are unable to read the English language and decipher such things as nuance, humility, even sarcasm, at my own expense.
edit on 6/20/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

sames goes to you as i have a fly infestation is driving me mad and you cannot relate to me giving it some humor to my desperate situation, what a poor thing you are

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
we always called em no see em's or gnats

if it ever happens again pour some apple cider vinegar in a bowl. cover it with plastic wrap and poke small holes in the wrap. they will be attracted to the vinegar and fly into the bowl but not be able to fly out.
leave it out overnight and you will be surprised how many are trapped in the morning

better than ghetto ass fly paper

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

About the same I do. But I use older bananas or other fruits in that bowl. Its a big fruitfly-party (Drosophila Melanogaster) in that thing, and some days later I can dispose it.

Good tip, it works!
edit on 20 6 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

About the same I do. But I use older bananas or other fruits in that bowl. Its a big fruitfly-party (Drosophila Melanogaster) in that thing, and some days later I can dispose it.

Good tip, it works!

I use beer. I think they are very attracted to the smell of things fermenting.

Sal

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

That would work for a fruit fly infestation, but the op is talking about mosquitoes.

Unless you bleed OJ fruit flies won't feast on you .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I got an nasty fly infestation, i blame Beelzebub, my house may be a hell portal i cannot find any other explanation

Something is producing the flies. Something rotting, maybe a dead animal under the house or in the rafters? Maybe the neighbor doesn't clean up their dog poop? A dirty dumpster behind a restaurant nearby?

God forbid, you have someone burying bodies in the hood. What color are the flies?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ok that was hilarious.. hell portal.. I think my mouth is one too. :/

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

the flies are metallic green

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

the flies are metallic green

Ewww, often called blow flies, they signify rotting 'something or other' nearby. They generally don't come inside unless they smell something If theres a lot of them suddenly, they have a source of food and are breeding.

Need to find the source and remove it. Whatever they are feeding on they carry on their feet and mouth parts, flying around inside they spread that when they land on surfaces in the home, potentially spreading disease.

one article

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of this scene.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

question.. if you just seen that fly thing in real life, would u just stand there like that ??

mmm.. I ll be like I am outta here

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hello,

EDIT: I made my post and then saw the flies described with a green color?

Are there many? Like fifty or hundred all hanging around together?

Any banging on the walls, ceilings, doors.....specifically three times and noone is there?

Any screams heard in the home?

Any nasty smells......like dead flesh or sulfur?

Anyone having nightmares in the home?
edit on 20-6-2015 by deathslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: stosh64

question.. if you just seen that fly thing in real life, would u just stand there like that ??

HELL NO!!!

edit on 6 20 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You are right. Somehow I totally misread your post. And I read it a couple of times so I must have been completely off my meds or something. Sorry.

So, as for the topic at hand. Just had some help to get rid of the nasty trash can of water. It was much too heavy and full of nastiness to be done by my lonesome. I believe the green water in there was my culprit but I'll have to wait a day or two to see the results.

If not, I'm in for a world of hurt as this will drive me nuts if it continues much longer. Having to cover my food after every bite, covering my tea and water, even a bag of chips had to be closed after each chip as these guys were everywhere. Here I am with fly strips all over trying to fix it that way. Well, the joke has been on me. Let's see if I'm smart enough to have fixed the problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Bug zapper.

Just got one at Aldi for $20. Works great.

new topics

top topics

join