It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Another sign of extreme changes in science was the giant leap from being able to clone a sheep that was Ill and almost dying to cloning a MOG cat that has the exact same personality and looks as the orginal and acts the same full story here. My question is how has science advanced so quickly. we have just jumped a massive cap

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Science has been advancing in different aspects since around the time of World War II. Sometimes it's aviation sciences, sometimes it's physics, sometimes it's astronomy, sometimes it's biology, sometimes it's chemistry, etc...

It's nothing too new, jumping over a major hump and a few more breakthroughs follow, really.

EDIT: Also, you said "another sign of extreme changes in science..." What were the prior ones?

[edit on 12/25/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
yeh ive noticed this too Earth Changes TV

a lot of species are dieing out faster than ever now is it glowbal warming or somthing else?

i dunno but what ever is happing will probably efffect us big time!

weve had non-stop snow all of today

heres a few pics to prove it:

[edit on 25-12-2004 by klain]

[edit on 25-12-2004 by klain]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Grapes were growing in Canada when the Vikings made it there. They called it Vineland.

Global Warming and CO2 is cyclic, and it is shown in the ice of the antarctic that researchers pull core samples of.

There is a castle in Whales which illustrates this point quite clearly.

The castle's other remarkable feature is the defended "Way from the sea," a gated and fortified stairway plunging almost 200 ft down to the foot of the castle rock. Once, this gave access to supplies from the sea, but the tide level has since receded, leaving Harlech somewhat isolated upon its rock. During Madog ap Llywelyn's uprising of 1294-95, this maritime lifeline proved the savior of the garrison, which was supplied and victualled by ships from Ireland.

I've read that the website once had a picture which demonstrated just how far the tide has fallen and it was removed since, but you can imagine how much it would have receded to make it now impossible to use as a gateway to trade.

Our fear should be that our fuels are non-renewable and are dirtying the air, not that they're causing warming.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, technology proceeds exponentially. That is how we have come such a long way in 100 years even though before this time, technology proceeded very slowly. Imagine where we will be in even 25 years. Exciting times indeed. I wonder if we will ever slow down.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I keep hearing about this 'global warming' crap, but just yesterday it snowed for the first time that I've been here in Houston, 15 years. Global warming my ass.

If it weren't for the church's supression of knowledge and reading (before and during the dark ages), I assume we would now be 300-400 years in advancement of science as opposed to where we are now.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Yeah, I keep hearing about this 'global warming' crap, but just yesterday it snowed for the first time that I've been here in Houston, 15 years. Global warming my ass.

It's a mistake to assume that Global Warming just means that things get hotter. Climate is a very complex thing. Weather patterns shift, wet areas get wetter, dry get drier, and weather becomes more erratic and dramatic.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
maybe we get now beggining of ice age

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiohead
Well, technology proceeds exponentially. That is how we have come such a long way in 100 years even though before this time, technology proceeded very slowly. Imagine where we will be in even 25 years. Exciting times indeed. I wonder if we will ever slow down.

indeed, i'd bet something will happen to derail the science-technology express...

evolutionary models have been re-thought
it seems that evolution runs in fits & bursts
in between lenghtly eons of gradualism
(normal mutations)

so too, technology-science??

the general consensus & popular opinion
see a sudden something occurring....soon?
asteroid/weather/global warming/nuclear war/
prions/viruses/gamma rays/earthquakes/
frankenfoods/cyborg-robots/etc etc etc

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If it weren't for the church's supression of knowledge and reading (before and during the dark ages), I assume we would now be 300-400 years in advancement of science as opposed to where we are now.

How do know that science and technology isn't already advanced by 400 years, or ever 1000 years in modern day?

Maybe it was done without the knowledge of the church!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

And if they never took apart Tesla's tower (Forget the name of it though) a few decades ago, we'd probably another fifty maybe even 200 years ahead.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

How do know that science and technology isn't already advanced by 400 years, or ever 1000 years in modern day?

Maybe it was done without the knowledge of the church!

that will be are downfall to rely on the people of the future what the hell are we doing now!!!?? to stop it?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yes, religion can really cause setbacks for scientific advancement. Another good example would be Bush's idiotic ban on human cloning for the sake of ethics :\.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One argument i've heard recently against the existence of UFO's is that no species can get that far advanced. As the argument goes, all species of higher learning eventually destroy themselves with the technology they create. It doesn't take a conspiricy or cabal to destroy us, all it takes is one lunatic in a lab that throws the wrong switch and burns off the atmosphere of the planet. Or one geneticist who creates the virus that kills us all or any number of scenario's like that.

Were doomed, doomed I tell ya. hehehehe

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The rate of change in technology has accelerated faster than an exponential curve as of 1940's. It has virtually been a vertical line. Prior to that the complexity of engineering involved for the past scientific discoveries progressed at a natural rate. I talked to an electrical engineer recently who told me he was quite astounded by how quickly computer technology has advanced and how he could not explain it.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is it reasonable to say that taking several years to go from cloning a sheep to cloning a cat is a 'huge jump' in science?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
One argument i've heard recently against the existence of UFO's is that no species can get that far advanced. As the argument goes, all species of higher learning eventually destroy themselves with the technology they create. It doesn't take a conspiricy or cabal to destroy us, all it takes is one lunatic in a lab that throws the wrong switch and burns off the atmosphere of the planet. Or one geneticist who creates the virus that kills us all or any number of scenario's like that.

This is a scary thought i contemplated to. We just don�t know do we? Well i suppose the powers that be do, i would imagine they have a close fix on all the big brains

I was reading another thread and it got me thinking about the roman empire which was at its time as we all know a great and powerful civilization, but it fell eventually, even though its advancements lived on.

Personally i think they have tech that�s far ahead of what we know exists but not what we can't imagine or guess at.

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The rate of change in technology has accelerated faster than an exponential curve as of 1940's. It has virtually been a vertical line. Prior to that the complexity of engineering involved for the past scientific discoveries progressed at a natural rate. I talked to an electrical engineer recently who told me he was quite astounded by how quickly computer technology has advanced and how he could not explain it.

It could be that through computers we have developed better ways of recording and sorting the discoveries scientists have made making it easier for new scientists to pick up where the old guys left off, making advancement quicker.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sometimes I do fear that we are advancing at a rate that one "mad scientist" in a lab could throw a switch and...KABOOM. There goes the neighborhood. Yet, I do believe that such advancements are necessary for the "common good" of civilization as a whole, in some areas. Take, for example, the food industries. A couple of generations ago one farmer and his hired hands worked the fields alone, today we have machinery that takes care of it for us. A couple of generations ago it was not possible to travel in hours from one side of the US to the other, today we can do it in about 9 hours. On the downside, we now have missles pointed at virtually ever nation on the map, with a few people that control the keys to "vapourize" everyone in short order. Who's to say what the outcome will be with the technology now being developed? It's sure to be an interesting ride, though.

regs out...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think that knowledge, in all and every aspects, is like a tree: you start with a root, and every new point gets you to several possibilites; then each of those possiblities again will eventually come to a point where you have several others... Programmers will understand very well my comparison.

The more we know, the more we still can learn. Therefore, it is not curious at all that advancement in science is growing more and more every day. We will never, ever, get to a point where one can say "now we know everything": there will still be another point unexplored, or not completely. Who was it? Don't remember his name, but the director of the US Patents Office said (I think in 1899) that "everything that can be invented, has been"...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It could be that through computers we have developed better ways of recording and sorting the discoveries scientists have made making it easier for new scientists to pick up where the old guys left off, making advancement quicker.

It is not about information proceccing per say; it is more about engineering. You got to admit the engineering involved in a microprocessor is certainly leaps and bounds more complex than cathode ray tubes. However, this advancement has been made in a few years. Also note how in just 60 years(it took that long to perfect the steam engine) how we have computers as tiny as molecules that are millions/billions of times more powerful than the computers then, that would take up huge halls. It's simply a mind boggling leap in human engineering. It also questionable how the key component, the transistor, is not attributed to an inventor, but a military lab.

I do find it very interesting how the human technological boom occurs in 1940s, prior to this, it was relatively snails pace. Interesting.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join