It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red-light camera company CEO confesses to bribing Ohio Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Graft corruption and bribery at its finest.

A company CEO has admitted to bribing city officials in Columbus, Ohio.

It's all about those pesky cameras that get you when you run a red light and get a ticket in the mail.

I wonder if the bribes were "caught on camera" ??

A former chief executive officer of the red-light camera company Redflex has pleaded guilty to bribing Columbus elected officials – including Council President Andrew Ginther – through the Ohio Democratic Party to install the cameras and keep them operating in the city.

Karen L. Finley, 55, of Cave Creek, Ariz., pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery,according a press release from Carter M. Stewart, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio.

Imagine that. Imagine that. How could it possibly be that a company might think that there was enough money in the installation of automatic traffic ticket generators that it’d be worth bribing city officials to do it? And a real cheap one, too: apparently, in 2011 you could have bought the Ohio Democratic party for forty thousand dollars. I assume that’s per-policy position, although I wonder if Ohio Democrats offered a group rate?

Red-light camera company CEO confesses to bribing Ohio Democrats

Imagine the Embarrassment

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm sure she was doing it out of genuine concern for public safety. That or she's just a greedy skank.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So who are the politicians that were bribed? I skimmed the court documents and it references campaigns of "elected officials" in Cincinnati and Cleveland but no names.

1. Who are these politicians, are they in office and have they been charged/indicted/etc?
2. If you don't have any good answers to the first question, then how do you know that the scummy politicians involved were not Republicans?

Honest questions. It's not enough in my opinion to post a two paragraph source from a propaganda mill with no details to support the claims being made.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I bet they're withholding the names pending an investigation and indictment.

But the story says Council President Andrew Ginther was named.

Research will show the embarrassed politician is a Democrat.

Jealousy and crippling loathing.

I bet the names are in the court transcripts or plea agreement depositions.

edit on Jun-19-2015 by xuenchen because: [_ roaring 20s _]

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Research will show the embarrassed politician is a Democrat.

Maybe you should have done a little research yourself instead of just assuming he is a Democrat. Andrew J. Ginther is neither Republican or Democrat his party listing is nonpartisan.
Andrew J. Ginther
So the person that wrote the article is an idiot for blaming the Democrats when a simple search proves that Ginther isn't a Democrat. Sorry to step on your usual Democrat blamefest.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

But he is implicated in this corruption through the Ohio Democrat Party.

And the current Democrat mayor is endorsing him for Mayor.

He is one of those "Independent" Democrats.

Ginther Endorsed by Mayor Coleman

Busted !!

Columbus City Council President Andrew Ginther announced today that he is running to succeed Mayor Michael Coleman as Coleman completes his time in office. It’s long been expected that the 39-year-old Democrat intended to follow Coleman in office and Ginther’s opportunity to do so came when Colemanannounced last month that he would not seek a fifth term.

Shattered

edit on Jun-19-2015 by xuenchen because: ol hickory

new topics

top topics

join