It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you feel chosen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I like a joker

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Think logical and you will understand why teenagers are broken down

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

I will not be part of the journey I'm cursed to walk this earth until she is no more.

life does not cease to exist. earth maybe (more like for sure)

what journey am I talking about
edit on 19-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

One

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

divergent

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

Uh... are you serious? A one liner assuming I don't know what teenage angst is? lol, yes... I must think so logical to understand teenage angst.

1 word: hormones.

Nothing logical about it, buddy.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
First of all, I apologize for not reading all the pages up to here. This might be out of sync with where the discussion has gone. I like to sometimes just write out and see what the OP has inspired in me before seeing what it stirred in others.

I have felt this way, when young, and then again when I moved to a foriegn country.

I don't think I am different or chosen or special. I think any and all of us can fall into this state when we are not grounded. '(and I do suspect it might cause our energies to be less focused and canalized, resulting in some phenomena like the electrical disturbances).

What we consider "superficial" , in behaviors, is what provides a way to interact and ground with others. The ego provides a sort of "skin" that can contain and focus energies. You might long for a society in which everyone just communicates with mental images and unrestrained non-verbal communication, like animals do.

I think that does happen, to an extent anyway, but the superificial "mask" allows one to discern what the wish to collaborate on with others in creating, and what they don't. Rather then wasting energy all over the place.
Determining your personal preferences, values, ideals, as an individual, is what forms the boundry.
A lot of that is done through collecting information about the exterior world, what is being done by man, and in exchanging with others. Read the newspaper and learn what is going on around you in the socio-political arena. Learn about the arts and culture around you - what is currently being expressed by different parts of the collective?

The funny thing I found is that not having a "skin" doesn't facilitate a sense of being with others, as I actually wanted. On the contrary, I couldn't tell where I stopped and other began. The contact between these boundries is what made me feel not alone (not all one).

I actually made the conscious decision to stop saying, "I don't care about those superficial things, they have no value! "
Things like politics, and art, are not everything, no... but they are useful tools for exchange and experience of self and other. Now, I will research the newspaper, look up new movies and books, find out what events have happened around me and in the world, before going to a party. I'll consider my personal opinions on these elements, so I have something to exchange.

It sounds totally paradoxial, but I came to the conclusion - to stop feeling lonely, separate! The sense of oneness with all doesn't go away, it just remains the base to this interesting level of separateness - which is simply a play.
Then you realize, they too, all share that base of oneness with you, but they are all players on a stage, like yourself.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Uh... are you serious? A one liner assuming I don't know what teenage angst is? lol, yes... I must think so logical to understand teenage angst.

1 word: hormones.

Nothing logical about it, buddy.

If it is not logical is it illogical?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

i bagg to differ

Kohlbergs moral development of current teens is at completely opposing spectrum

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Think in nature and then think in society, why do you think humans are more than a simple animal on the face of the earth? Use logics, it was provided by nature. Don't ever think you are more than an animal that is the greatest sin

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Why it is one liners, the only thing complex in this solar system is your mind, your mind makes stories that has no logical boundaries, do I need the bible to have faith? Or is it enough to just have belief in someone. 800 pages was narrowed to a single line. That is logic

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The sense of isolation (alienation) goes hand in hand with the need to fit in. Feeling like one has to fill oneself up with things (opinions) to offer others at parties (another time and place being prepared for) is driven by a sense of lack.
The ONE IS THIS dancing light that is constantly here and now.
When one realizes that the light is never anywhere else - that it is always present - what can be lacking? As soon as there is an idea that one is going to have to perform in the 'future' and 'future' is imagined - there is a sense of lack, a sense of 'I must be good enough - I must take some 'thing' with me' -'I don't want others to think bad of me'.
Go empty handed and empty headed - just be the eyes and ears and see what happens.
When you realize yourself as the space (the screen) that allows everything to be there is no longer a need to fit in. The character that you once thought was you is found to be just part of the play.

The light is playing, dancing on the screen that you are. To realize wholeness/completeness/oneness one must not identify with any character but to realize the screen which contains the entire universe.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
You want craziness? cause that's how you become crazy.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The sense of isolation (alienation) goes hand in hand with the need to fit in. Feeling like one has to fill oneself up with things (opinions) to offer others at parties (another time and place being prepared for) is driven by a sense of lack.

Problem with this philosophy- you just let loose with passive aggressive behaviors, that you deny responsibility for.
Like wanting to argue with someone, but not daring to direct it directly to them as such, but instead making subtle reference to a third person in their presence. When being done at a party, that will often stir feelings of irritation to "arise", and you can deny any influence in that , but your part was chosen when you decided to study this particular philosophy.
I can deny I am making a commentary about and to you, it just arose as a unassociated thought, and that way, I can refuse to engage with you. But relating to others is not something I really want to run from.

If I don't pay some attention to the more superficial elements of this world, I end up smiling at people and really having nothing to say. They end up walking away. Or I speak of abstract and meaningful ideas, which are just too much and - they walk away.

That's okay, I went for years like that, and it is fine - until it is not. If you come to a point where what is arising is a desire to engage with others and not be alone, then a different perception is appropriate.
If a feeling of lack is arising, why deny it? Why fight what is arising, of it's own accord and flow? It pulls towards something, so let it go to that something.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
But relating to others is not something I really want to run from.

Researching before going to a party to appear in the know is fine and dandy but is it people you are relating to or just exchanging information?

edit on 20-6-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
You want craziness? cause that's how you become crazy.

I'm only half crazy..
must be too lazy,
the hazy, ways he,
moves along not moving.

wakes in the morning,
did he even sleep?
All these thoughts,
love that thread creep.

Good morning.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
With out a doubt
But the word chosen doesn't sit right wih me, it sounds to self gratifying almost considering ones self above or better than the unchosen and as such alter your perception of the unchosen to the point that they become almost cattle
No I'm more for the compelled
I see all the crap going on everywhere and have thought why doesn't someone do something, how come no ones doing anything, how come we are letting this happen, it's so blatantly obvious this is a pantomime

Then for some a change comes
All that's needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Or some quote to that effect, there's many of em
Where we now know that if any things gonna happen I have to do it
With my wider knowledge and talents I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
but blogs, done
YouTube vids, done
But noones doing anything still
So the mindset of a more direct action comes in
All this adds up to feeling compelled to go out and do something GREAT
Something to spit right in the eye and shed light on for all to see
So you sit there combing events and geopolitics waiting for the sign to act.......waiting for others to lead......when all your soul tells you to be the lead

And then there's those that take to the top of a tower with a rifle

Or something to that effect

.........,,,,,,,,,,""""""""""""";;;;;;;;;;;;
Have some fun on me nazis
edit on 20-6-2015 by AlphaPred because: Added about the rifle

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I feel ya buddy
In the same boata reply to: KnightLight

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

a reply to: KnightLight

When a soldier you become what you truly are.

Are you saying that to me, or to anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
When you become a soldier you become what you truly ARE NOT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join