It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombardier releases CSeries numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Bombardier officially released range, fuel burn, and other parameters for the CSeries aircraft that are in testing. The aircraft is beating the original range and fuel burn, and even the numbers that were released appear to be conservative.

The CS100 range has been increased to 3,100nm and the 300 to 3,300nm. Those numbers were arrived at using an increased passenger weight, at the request of Lufthansa. Using the standard weights used to calculate, the ranges should be 3,300 and 3,500nm respectively. Fuel burn is coming in at 20% better normally, and 10% better than a reengined aircraft. Noise levels are coming in -20db below FAA Stage 4 requirements.

June 16, 2015, Paris Air Show: Bombardier yesterday detailed the performance figures of its new CS100 and CS300 mainline jets, revealing more detailed numbers than it disclosed Sunday during a preview. We have looked at these numbers and found that even these numbers are conservative.
Rob Dewar, VP of the CSeries, Sunday disclosed better fuel economics, better payload and better range than the 2,950nm advertised when the program was launched.
The effect of the improvements means CS300 now has a standard range with full passengers and luggage of 3,300nm and the CS100 3,100nm. BBD uses 102 kilos/225 lbm for passengers with bags in its calculations, at the request of its launch customer, Lufthansa Group (Swiss Airlines). Had Bombardier used the weight standards for passengers and baggage that is common in the industry, 210lb or 95kg, the range of the CS100 would have been 3,300nm and the CS300 range would have been 3,500nm, according to our calculations.

leehamnews.com...-16207

Range, officials said today, was 3,300nm vs the advertised 2,950nm. The CSeries test results show there is “more than” a 20% advantage over today’s generation of airplanes (as opposed to a promise of 20% and more than 10% vs the forthcoming Airbus A319neo and Boeing 737-7 (vs a promise of 10%), resulting in a 15% total cash operating cost advantage.

leehamnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For a smaller manufacturer to put those numbers out must be a big thorn in the side to the likes of Airbus and Boeing.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I would hope so.

Unfortunately the numbers didn't garner them any orders at the Paris airshow, but that doesn't mean it won't catch on down the road.

If the Quebec government (should be the federal government as well) goes ahead and invests in Bombardier, like they have hinted at, it just might buy them the time they need to work out all the kinks and getnit off the ground, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder why Bombardier, et al, haven't considered this aircraft as the platform for their proposed J-stars replacement.

With some extra fuel tanks, the endurance of those thing would be incredible compared to the bizjet-based Gulfstream proposal.

It would also be a good way to keep the production lines warm while they wait for the orders to pour in once people realize how great this little plane really is.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

only allowing 225LBS per person. they obviously haven't been to America in a few years. i am a pretty fit man, i am 6'3" and 190lbs plus all my bags i would probably get closer to 275

buut all nit picking aside the numbers look pretty good.

top topics

join