It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Snowy Mountains= Secret Base??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was talking to a friend recently who said that they had heard of stange things in the area around the snowy mountains scheme. ie, strange lights in the sky, your typical govt. test aircraft type stuff
To be completely honest i thought my friend was full of crap. However, when i started taking a look at some of the statistics of the project, i started to think that this place would be the perfect location for a secret aircraft testing facility or underground base.
www.dinkumaussies.com...

It took 25 years in which they built 16 major dams, 7 power stations (2 of them underground). 145km of interconnected tunnels and 80km of aqueducts. The ridiculous amount of power that this scheme could generate could easily power an underground defense facility. Also, there was plenty of time to build a facility in the 25 years of construction.

Anyone have any more thoughts/ theories/ comments on this?

Xon

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have heard that there is a air plane base in Australia. One I know which is very good at millitary planes wich lives in england said that Secret planes goes from the US to Australia. I am not 100% sure of this but he have told me alot and I have never heard him lie

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There are lots of airfields and airports in Australia.

Xon

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I meant millitary airports secret millitary airports

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember about a year ago I read something that mentioned Austrailia as a Main hub of unexplained activity it was in a book...I'll try to find it online

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe Australia is where all the real secret testing is going on and all the stuff in America is just a coverup.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Interesting story on snowy mountain tunnels,I would find this totally possible and most probable! There are various other secret bases through out australia & world. Pine gap holds many secrets (inland Australia) also the area I live in is known of for secret tunnels.The more you research they seem to appear connected like a web within our planet.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
does any one know the exact location of the base i would like to go and see if there is something realy there or search for images of the base and a name for it would help

Xon

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry doent no eney thing about it other than it is a millitary base that resive secret planes.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
oh okay im goin to look into it i have a ton of information on pine gap but not this base
my friend is a member of a ufo cult and he and his club went out looking for it and got lost they were luck to come back i here, some people reken that people that go there dont come back too ... sound intersting

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Are you talking about Pine Gap or the base that may be in the snowy mountains?

Reflector

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
well we were talking bout the snowy mountain base i just thought i would bring up pine gap

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've been visiting the snowy mountains about 4-5 times a year (mum's side of the family is based there). I've been into the underground powerstations and whatever else around those areas, can't say I really noticed anything major.

As I said, my family live there, and have been there for bout a hundred years... They've probably been all over the mountains (many, many great fishing spots there) they've never mentioned anything out of the ordinary. Though as with any country region, it does have it's fair share of UFO stories.

I have a huge map of the area, and one day plan to drive all over it, shall be fun.. even more so looking out for secret military bases heh.

top topics

join