It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you if you are neither liberal or conservative?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
People tend to dogmatically adhere to a side because it allows them less responsibility to judge information, ideas and policies on their own merits.

There's also the faux intellectual grandstanding that goes with being a member of a club and the group mentality that's reinforced through constantly perpetuating the idea that the opposition is inherently evil and out to destroy civilisation.

Good observation and good answer, I like it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why an independent of course. That is what I am.

Just watch out. Any time you disagree with a Democrat / liberal the first thing they do is call you a conservative or Republican and say you get all your facts from Fox news.

Funny how conservatives / Republicans don't do this.
edit on 19-6-2015 by morebeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: morebeer

Is that what they do?

Funny, I seem to recall that exact thing happening earlier today. Twice.

Guess you're right

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Then it would depent on WHAT party accuses you of which bias.
This FORUM will label you RATHER quickly.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've voted for democratic candidates and I've voted for republican candidates depending on where the nation was standing at the time. if I thought it had swung too far conservative, I'd vote democratic and vice versa and neither party holds the same beliefs as me in all the issues so I guess what issues were concerning me the most also swayed be.
and I've got to tell ya, a southern democrat is very similar to a New York republican.

but since bill clinton has been in office, I have become quite uncomfortable with both parties and the litmus test I now have is simply weather or not I can catch them in a lie...
usually the candidates from both parties can't pass that test, so well, they don't get my vote.
they need to put "None of the Above" one the ballots as an option,
I think they might have a big surprise when the results came out if they did!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What if I just was before discrimination or thought begins?
What if arguments are just ripples on the surface of the clear still waters of your mind?
a reply to: veracity

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
centralist? independent?

curious about beliefs?

Gay marriage is ok but global warming is a hoax?

So curious about this.

I would say that I'm just not playing the game anymore. But, that's just me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You mean like most people? Problem is we have these vocal minority blowhards with their hard-core extremes that think they speak for the "people", while most people are just down to earth, decent folks that just want mainly to live by the golden rule..

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Some stands do not need a label. There is no faction that will ever agree with every single moral objection I hold, so there is never going to be one that fits me perfectly, as long as I rely on those factions and not create my own that is.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
You mean like most people? Problem is we have these vocal minority blowhards with their hard-core extremes that think they speak for the "people", while most people are just down to earth, decent folks that just want mainly to live by the golden rule..

What exactly is the "golden rule" that you speak of, if I may ask?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: redtic

What exactly is the "golden rule" that you speak of, if I may ask?

"do unto others before they do you!".. oh wait, that's Benny Hill

Basically just treat others as you'd like to be treated. Point being that what we see in the media everywhere is extremes, all the time, be it in politics, socially, etc - pretty soon people start thinking those extremes are more prevalent than what they actually are. Most people are good people that fall somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
People tend to dogmatically adhere to a side because it allows them less responsibility to judge information, ideas and policies on their own merits.

There's also the faux intellectual grandstanding that goes with being a member of a club and the group mentality that's reinforced through constantly perpetuating the idea that the opposition is inherently evil and out to destroy civilisation.

This is so true for some people. I totally agree, however, its our right as an American to vote on who is in charge of us. YES! Those who do not practice this right are either politically ignorant ( I have more respect for self-acclaimed politically ignorant people than those who try and act like they know politics but don't vote) and then there are the lazy.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Who told you there were only two parties in the US?
You've been duped. Look it up. We have five major parties and at least a couple dozen minor parties according to Wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...
I understand that if you depend on msm you're in the dark. They find it too difficult to comprehend that there are more than 2 parties and only sponsor those two---the ones with all the $$$$s. Their little brains get addled when presented with more than two choices. It's just too hard!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ITs important to know, anyone who "doesn't vote" or "doesn't identify" with a party is wasting a vote and it makes me mad.

Really? Because I belong to the do-what-you-will-but-harm-none party... what's good for me isn't necessarily good for anyone else, so I won't force it on them. What's good for others isn't necessarily good for me, and I won't let it be forced upon me. The way I see it, those who vote the status quo -- and, yes, both major parties are the status quo -- are the ones who create, perpetuate and enable the wholesale misery we're all suffering now. And it makes me mad.

Fair enough though. Because I must really piss you off. I'll be voting Gary Johnson in 2016... or maybe I'll write in Glenda the Good Witch of the North. Just to make the status quo mad and make them work harder to steal elections.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

centralist? independent?

curious about beliefs?

Gay marriage is ok but global warming is a hoax?

So curious about this.

curious?...why?...are you taking a poll?...doing a book report or a thesis?...and why on ATS?...this type of knowledge is well documented among many groups, and is easy to find online....or....are you just bored?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah I guess, I just get so annoyed with people who don't vote and claim "it's bc I'm neither dem or rep". Yes there are more than 2 parties but only 2 major ones.

And it's ok not to practice your right to vote...just don't complain about the outcome then, and don't pretend to be politically savvy.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah I guess, I just get so annoyed with people who don't vote and claim "it's bc I'm neither dem or rep". Yes there are more than 2 parties but only 2 major ones.

And it's ok not to practice your right to vote...just don't complain about the outcome then, and don't pretend to be politically savvy.

My politics was decided for me right here on ATS. I'm a "People like you" marginalized, to the outer limits of the political spectrum, looking thru the grimy windows from the outside. It's very nice out here in the political sunshine without all the agendas, stupidity, partisanship and Bull****.

I have never voted FOR anyone. I always vote AGAINST the fascists.
edit on 20-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Not sure I agree that abstaining from voting makes a person politically ignorant or that it diminishes their right to complain. I vote but at the same time believe you can't expect to change a system that's intrinsically flawed using the parameters its set up to propagate itself. Typically more change has come about because of protest and direct action than box ticking.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think posters here ALLOW you to clain you AREN'T something anyway...they just tell you and then repeat it at you time and again.
edit on 20-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join