It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google has been stealth downloading audio listeners onto every computer that runs Chrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: wasaka

Alright, but i find it ironic that you feel that way considering your avatar features Spock. A character who lives in a universe where people are monitored constantly by voice activated computers. They don't seem all that paranoid about it.....

unless you count Section 31 but that's a whole other thing.

I starred this, cos it is just spot on.

On topic. If you use a tech that requires voice recognition but DOESN'T require a button pushed, how did you think it would work? Magic?

No mystery here and quite laughable really.
I like OkGoogle, it is cool as hell and just the beginning.
Maybe one day we will accept that not EVERY single person in the world is being spied on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
If you're that worried about Big Bad Evil Google eavesdropping on your "Me Time" sessions you can simply uninstall the microphone driver from your computer.

Or here's a shocker. Don't use Google Chrome.
Even better! Read your freaking EULA's. Nobody does, but if you took the time to even skim it you could make sure there's nothing there that says "By installing this software you agree to be a possible organ donor for Google CEO's"

The problem with reading EULA's is what's the alternative? At some point if you want to use the internet you need to agree with some browsers EULA, same with an operating system, video player, and everything else.

It just lets you choose who spies on you rather than preventing it all together.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a few glaring issues with this tail :

1 - the conclusion does not follow from the " evidence " [ i use " evidence " because even this is flawed ]

2 - as pointed out " ok google " can be detected locally and then ONLY the search query transmitted to google

3 - how the bloody hell do people think " ok google " works ??????????????????

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun
Or here's a shocker. Don't use Google Chrome.
Even better! Read your freaking EULA's.

I'm not going too read the freaking EULA's ,, it was a choice between either Google or Apple ....

edit on 19-6-2015 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Alright, but i find it ironic that you feel that way considering your avatar features Spock. A character who lives in a universe where people are monitored constantly by voice activated computers. They don't seem all that paranoid about it.....

My avatar features Leonard Simon Nimoy. Yes, he is wearing "period clothing" but that is not Mr. Spock, it is the actor who plays that role (relaxing off the set, next to a sweet ride). Nimoy was an actor, film director, photographer, author, poet, singer, songwriter, and a man who valued his privacy. I don't see the irony.

In reality you, not Nimoy, live in a world "monitored constantly by voice activated computers"

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well he kept his cool and was telling people to "live long and prosper" until just recently. Didn't he live in the same world as us all until a few months ago?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Always read the EULA...

Secondhand cuttlefish and asparagus is the result of not being a wary consumer.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Never worry about someone listening to you through your computer again:

Right click the volume controle in the bottom right of your screen -> click 'recording devices' -> in the list any devices that record automatically right click and disable.

Sorted.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

People really think that somewhere on the other end is a person sitting there, listening to them…

More like the capability is there if called upon. Say you become a "person of interest". All your emails, financial transactions, your work, driving and criminal history become pop up apps for the powers that be. Lets say turns outyou aren't who they are looking for but they discover you have un paid tickets or some extra pain meds that you bought illegally because you can't get a scrip anymore for that work related injury, and the unpaid taxes, etc…

I wonder how many people got busted after the Boston Manhunt when the local PD was tipped off to the illegal contraband spotted by the search teams during the invasive home searches?

Just one more eye and ear into you privacy is all…

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm an everyday good guy that's law abiding, genuine and kind.
I do however, have certain friends that I can have really twisted and dark conversations with.

Having read this thread, I think i'm going to stop doing that :-|

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
I'm an everyday good guy that's law abiding, genuine and kind.
I do however, have certain friends that I can have really twisted and dark conversations with.

Having read this thread, I think i'm going to stop doing that :-|

And they won...just sayin.

Here is a thing you can do mate, have a convo with your mate about how you have haemorrhoids and stuff...then go back 10 minutes later and talk about the day!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It's far more complicated than that

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Whether this is true or not - I have no cam and no microphone.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The government wiretap can already use the microphone on your phone as a passive receiver, even when it's off.
a reply to: Liquesence

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Firefox and Internet Explorer probably do the same thing.

Just admit it to yourselves. The fix is in. The spying is ubiquitous.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I guess I got lucky, I never have had nor used Chrome and don't have a microphone or web cam. There's still the question of all the other companies that are spying on me that I unfortunately haven't avoided. Oh, don't forget the government, the shadow government, and bloody knows who else. Someone is probably droning me as we speak.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
All the better for their data update going into the supercomputer simulating all our daily lives in alternate economic and global crisis events!!! Over and over and over

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The IRS used taxes against people of "interest.". Don't see why Google, a huge corporation bankrolled by In-Q-Tel, CIA front, wouldn't do the same. This Big Brother crap will end up just like vaccines, four years ago everyone was scared of chips, today everyone's almost begging for them because of a few measles cases.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

This is why I and most of my generarion UNPLUG things

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Google - the #1 invading search engine up to date.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join