It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanzee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was watching the discovery channel and it was very intresting. It kind of frightend me at the same time. It was a creature that the scientists think is half human half chimp, but I don't know how this could be true unless it was done on purpose. The Humanzee is what they were calling its species and it could walk on its legs like we do. What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
not sure what you're talking about but sounds interesting...

I have seen chimps that have been taught to walk upright...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I saw the special also.

A recent genetic test (shown at the end of the show) was able to trace the chimp to a rare subspecies from central Africa. It's an apparent genetic mutation of the subspecies, but has no human genes.

Very interesting though... haunting eyes on the chip... obviously very intelligent and "personable".

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
that sounds about right, William. The name, I think, came from a book aimed at youngsters, 4-5 years ago, by someone called Susan Gates.
I recollect a fellow called Stuart Newman who actually patented the "humanzee"- or said he had - apparently working on the theory that if he owned the patent (and he was entirely against any such trans-species cloning) nobody else could legally attempt it.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I read and watched something about the humanzee on the Discovery Channel. It was quite intresting. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw a picture of the animal. They said that they think that it could possible be the missing link. But I don't see how though? They keep on testing it to see if it is. I feel sorry for it

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As William mentioned, the same documentary tested the animal's DNA and found that it was all chimp, there are no human strands in its DNA. It isn't a humanzee, it is a bald chimp that walks upright, and comes from a remote area of the Congo.

The search for the missing link continues (if it ever existed at all).

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
I saw the special also.

Very interesting though... haunting eyes on the chip... obviously very intelligent and "personable".

Big deal, my ex-wife can give one the same impression.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i saw that on the Discovery Channel. its very interesting but it isnt a Humanzee.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
First, a "missing link" wouldn't be midway between the humans and the chimps. We aren't descended from chimps and they aren't descended from us. We're very very very distant cousins (the last ancestor we had in common lived nearly 6 million years ago.

And second, humans and chimps (or other apes) are too far apart as species to breed. It would be like trying to breed a deer with an ordinary cow.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by William
I saw the special also.

Big deal, my ex-wife can give one the same impression.

WOW TC, tell us how you REALLY feel. LOL

I watched part of the show the other night, pretty intresting information they gave, now as for the validity of it all... I could not say since I am not an environmental biologist nor an Anthropologist.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

First, a "missing link" wouldn't be midway between the humans and the chimps. We aren't descended from chimps and they aren't descended from us. We're very very very distant cousins (the last ancestor we had in common lived nearly 6 million years ago.

Thank you...I completely concur.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Saw part ogf this programme yesterday the early footage was creepy, i reckon "Oliver" was and is an unknown species of ape not discovered yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wonder if he's available to bartend at parties??

"Oliver enjoyed sitting down at night and having a drink, and watching television. He�d even mix his own. He�d pour a shot of whisky and put some lemonade in there, stir it and drink it."
The link to the rest of the story:
www.edinburghnews.com...

[Edited on 17-6-2003 by RealFlight]

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
anyone have a pic of the fuzzy lil fella?

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by intrigue]

ID

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hmm seems rather similar to the post "Colombian Monkey-man attacks geologists in 1920 *picture*" perhaps the two creatures are related.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oliver is a very interesting creature. They say he is some sub-species not a hybrid. It does show at the very least that chimps can evolve into more humanoid beings.

Originally posted by Byrd

... humans and chimps (or other apes) are too far apart as species to breed. It would be like trying to breed a deer with an ordinary cow.

This is not true. Human and all primates are close enough for cross breeding to be a possibility about 99% of the same DNA, while donkeys and horses are in the mid 80% the same and you get a sterile mule. There has been some research in this area by the Commie Russians, the Nazi's, and even at a monkey zoo in Florida. The results have been kept quiet. It is possible for a human and a chimpazee to produce offspring. It is very likely that a hybrid man/ape would be fertile.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by jrod]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
that picture freaks me out. poor little guy scares everyone and i expect hes a nice guy really.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Oliver is a very interesting creature. They say he is some sub-species not a hybrid. It does show at the very least that chimps can evolve into more humanoid beings.

Originally posted by Byrd

... humans and chimps (or other apes) are too far apart as species to breed. It would be like trying to breed a deer with an ordinary cow.

This is not true. Human and all primates are close enough for cross breeding to be a possibility about 99% of the same DNA, while donkeys and horses are in the mid 80% the same and you get a sterile mule. There has been some research in this area by the Commie Russians, the Nazi's, and even at a monkey zoo in Florida. The results have been kept quiet. It is possible for a human and a chimpazee to produce offspring. It is very likely that a hybrid man/ape would be fertile.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by jrod]

this was kept quiet for a reason...i think the term "scandal" would work well in this case...
also some sickos would probably try and prove it

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Pygmy Chimpanzees walk upright naturally, without being taught. There's only one group of them in the wild though. They're also known as Bonobos. Here's a link
www.geocities.com...
And another....
www.cogsci.indiana.edu...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join