It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Closed: The Death Penalty Is Morally Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

It is true that the emotional environment (and other factors including genetics, diet, pollution) are powerful inducers of physiology. If all parents were as educated as you appear to be in this area, well it would be closer to a perfect world. Fundementally however, the general masses tend to be self consumed with imediate needs and daily personal affairs in a mental microcosim of family and friends, rather then the intellectual development which would drive the potential of all humanity.

The reason we have a death penalty, is that it exonerates the ethical and intellectual indolence of the average person. It is the final resolution to unchecked human compulsion, which is implied and even encouraged in a free and "liberal" social framework. A fabric of mass neglect and abuse that leads to irreversable ruin.

It is not a deterrent for those whose reasoning is overcome by extreme, unquenchable compulsions, but more of a tool to hedge against social chaos among the insecure masses.

It wouldn't be logical to abolish it despite the popular ignorance, neither would it be feasable to expect a world full of selfish, short sighted individuals to suddenly experience a psycho-spiritual awakening, as few apparently have, acting methodically and intentionally within the scientific revelation you've described.

I will only say that its brilliant and that I am famliar with the general conclusion of the data. Nevertheless, people have the need to feel a sense of security and justice in the cohesiveness of trust. In this case I am an advocate of the death penalty for its balancing social effect. But of course I would prefer to live on a planet where most people held their consideration of life in a higher standard of knowledge.

I'm certain that there is such a planet somewhere in the galaxy.

edit on 19-6-2015 by Gianfar because: corrections

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The piece of s*** that shot up the church in South Carolina, Dylann Roof, he is not redeemable and should be executed.

He is so blank, wonder if the cia have him drugged up, reminds me of holmes?

If so, victim.

I blame the elite, and Obama, and pin the tail on that joint donkey only, for nearly 100% of all events.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First of all capital punishment is retaliation and thus a crime. Second of all, 80% of everyone would go down the same path of anyone on earth with the same circumstances.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Death should be a punishment! If you think otherwise your wrong!

Some people need a bullet in the head regardless of you do-gooders!

If it needs to be explained more then your well.. "£%^£%&$HGFSDFA not worth it"!$%"$^£&%U$JTHEBVAC

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The taking of another human life is murder, and if this murder is state sponsored under the guise of justice, then this murder act is below humanity. Any state that murders its citizens, is by pure definition, evil. Eye for eye is ancient and morally unjust. All states that commit state sponsored murder should ask themselves why? Does it prevent crime, no, does it heal, no, does it achieve anything, no - well, apart from satisfying revenge. Well, move on, time to grow up.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So let me get this right . So A kills B and its wrong . Then C comes along and kills A and its ok . Oh i forgot , C has religion or the law or weight of numbers on its side . Sorry for wasting your time , carry on .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

what a load of horsesh@@.

first i believe that the death penalty should only be applied when there is absolutely no doubt, no circumstantial evidence, only 100% provable. ie video of the person doing it with the circumstances leading up to the point the killing took place, caught during the act with what ever weapon in hand, admission to guilt only with verifiable proof as such and above. witness id by more than just one or two people. plus i could add more 100% proofs but you know what i mean.

now as far as all that developmental psychology / neurophysiology crap. regardless of how they respond / developed to what they have experienced. unless they are absolutely batsh@@ crazy, there's no way that growing up and experiencing life and contact with other people that they don't know the difference between right and wrong, or what is acceptable in society.

even if batsh@@ crazy, most crazy people know what is right and wrong.

edit on 20-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
He is so blank, wonder if the cia have him drugged up, reminds me of holmes?

The only person responsible is him.

edit on 20-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join