It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some advice needed age difference in relationships.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Um......my first husband was 12 years older than me, my second one 15. I left them both. I got tired of being treated like a child, and things I wanted to do, they had already done, and were ready for me to settle down. There was no problem at first. These things popped up as time went by.

It's not going to be a problem for you to have a young chick. It's going to be more of a problem for her explaining that her old man is just exactly that. Not to mention that my parents hated me picking much older men. I was attracted to their maturity, but their demands for me to act like I was their age was the deal breaker.

Go out, have fun, but if you get serious, you may be in for heartache later on. Not that I wish it for you (just the opposite), but I've been there as the young woman, done that, and left because I couldn't give up my young years just because my old man wanted me to skip over them and be his age.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

GEDDER DONE

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

To answer your question, if you guys are compatible and age has no bearing what so ever as far as making either of you uncomfortable around friends, then give it a go

My husband is 25 years older than I and we have been together 30 years if that helps

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
If you choose to marry her and have children. Realize you will likely leave her a widow for 20+ years. Prepare for that with good insurance and a large nest egg to care for her and any children you have.

Other than that, good luck.

He may or may not leave her a widow
People die all the time, so can't judge only by the age gap

My dad was 50 when he died, only 4 years older than my Mom, which seemed to be the norm age span for that time period

Mom died when I was 24 yo
My best friend died when she was 19

Unfortunately, I have seen good people die young, so for me, age ain't got squat to do with when it's your time to go
Apologies if that comes across blunt, but I no longer sugar coat stuff
Reality is a bitch and then some. LOL

If one makes it to old age, then yes, eventually one will become widowed
But with any couple, wills and insurance should be in place anyway

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Me today

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Don't go out with a 'loaded gun' if you know what I mean💑

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Can't beat that feeling

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

So how did it go ??

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Well??? SecretKnowledge did'nt give you enough time to sleep it off.
So tell us,,, how'd it go?

Edit. Never mind, I just found your little clip. Very cute.

edit on 30America/PhoenixSat, 20 Jun 2015 06:25:53 -0700Sat, 20 Jun 2015 06:25:53 -070015062015-06-20T06:25:53-07:00600000025 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

yeay

the little birdy sounds out of breath:/)

guessing u didn't sleep much

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

hahaha

Nice one man.

This reminds me, I have to get back in shape.

edit on 20-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have never had and still have zero desire to go club/bar-hopping, go Girls Gone Wild drunken party-animal nuts or be the town doorknob (where everyone has a turn) Had I gone that route, I'd have missed out on far more that matters much more on a fundamental level than a series of shallow ventures.

Maturity is either already there, or it isn't. Maybe it'll come to her in due time.

I told her that what she talks about is just temporary that it's not what life is about...I don't know.
We actually just broke up, she didn't come back home last night and I'm having a hard time to stop breaking in tears.

She says she still loves me and probably wants to come back together but I'm not even sure she knows what she wants...
I'm pretty depressed about giving, caring and loving for the past 7 years if it just ends now...
edit on 20-6-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I did that to my ex. I'm still trying to pay her back.. She dates some pretty cool dudes these days so I don't feel bad about it. Reasoning for me, I knew I was stalling for at least a year trying to make it work.. I did enjoy the fire, but it got too hot.
So one night I did not come back. Called her next day and told her everything, and why.

She asked if I still loved her. I still do. She asked if we would be friends. I said yes. We are best friends. I'm actually at her house right now. Been here for a week..

We were together for 5 years about. It still hurts a little every now and then. Tore me up for the first 6 months.

I don't know what to say.
it's sucky.
But whether your work it out or not.. I hope you do it for you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

i dont know..

there is a lil trick.. if u want her back say you love her regardless (dont say it directlybut act like u do) and support what she wants to do. all through out.. if she is undecided I play it cool right now. unavailable but available to her needs. give he what u don't think life is about but she does even if it is not with u. women I think are pretty faithful or have a higher love moral(?) so I wouldn't worry too much about her running away with someone during her episode. cool calm and collective stay funny and charming.

who knows anyway (that is what I would do. easy to say hard to do I get that too)

edit on 20-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

btw year 1 and year 7.. are biologically critical for love. your brains stop producing love hormones due to a previous high.. it is frankly quite normal
edit on 21-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well that lasted long lol.
Bat # crazy lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Bat # crazy lol.

been there..
done that..
I have scars..

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Bat # crazy lol.

Come on man, spill...!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think there are cases where age can help, more than hurt. Be smart, be alert, and be mindful of which head is doing the thinking. I was once "involved" with a woman more than 20 years my senior. I have fond memories of her to this day.

LOL!! .... Do I know you?

To Boymonkey 74

Arrived late to your thread so I hope I'm not too late to wish you luck

and to go for it *You only live once* make the most of it!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Bit late dear lol...

Oh it's already over lol.
Saw the signs of madness and got out before I got beat up lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join