It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some advice needed age difference in relationships.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have a party tonight to go to and I have just started sort of seeing a girl from work who is twenty and she told me last night she wants to take it further and be my actual girl freind and she wants to spend the night with me.
I like the girl a lot but I must admit I'm 41 and a bit nervous seeing its been so long.
So should I go for it and stuff the age difference or what?.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think the work relation is a bigger issue then the age thing and could cause problems you may not have thought about. Be careful and play safe ...peace

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Oh if we do go out together one of us would have to move to a different unit but both of us fancy a change so..

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think it all depends on the individuals concerned, If she is mature for her age and your young at heart(which you appear to be then go for it.

Mrsnonspecific is 10 years younger than me and the only frustrating part is having to explain a lot of stuff I take for granted especially where recent history and music/tv ect are concerned, the list of seminal movies she has never even heard of is embarresing although that kind of makes it fun!

On a more serious note bear in mind that her family may be a little odd about it especially if your round about the same age as her father which is likely.

Also are you prepeared to spend evenings with her friends who may spend all there time listening to awful modern music, taking selfies and discussing Kim Kardashian and other god awful modern traits.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You are right she has a old head on her shoulders and I a young one.
One thing though she gas never watched star wars....that will change lol.
We like simalar music but yeah im older than ger mum lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

You hit a nail with the music consideration .Torment ...pure torment it can be :>)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You are right she has a old head on her shoulders and I a young one.
One thing though she gas never watched star wars....that will change lol.
We like simalar music but yeah im older than ger mum lol.

I was pretty serious about her friends mind, I could not do it personally Im around the same age as you and my stepdaughter is the same age as theis young lady.

Firstly I would find it wierd knowing that there the same age but in all seriousness after spending time in the presense of the next generation I would really struggle with the lack of understanding of just about everything you could think of.

For someone who spends free time "denying ignorance" this could be a real struggle.

I say go for it but don't be suprised if Uncle brick shirt house bops you on the konk.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Good Morning boymonkey,

I have read alot of your threads, and posts. You seem to have a great sense of Humor.

So here's my try to give you a giggle. As I read your post for some reason the color blue popped into my head.

I think that if you want to pursue this friendship, you should try to surround yourself with the color blue.

Blue hats, Blue bed covers, blue plates, blue pill, blueberries, blue skys, blue underwear........

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Oddly enough I was planning to wear my luck blue paisley y fronts tonight lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
don't flame me for this,
i started seeing a girl, only as a friend at first but we really enjoyed eachothers company and she was really mature for her age, her being given up for adoption at the age of 2, both of her adopted parents died when she was 12. and she had gone through the system and moving from house to house i think thats what really helped her to grow up fast. she was 16 years old at the time and i was 23, the foster home didnt have a problem with it and neither did the government went she left the system to move to another province with me.
now today im 27 and she is 20 and we have a almost 3 month old baby and were happily married, soul mates if you will.
no one seemed to really care because they could see that i really cared for her and wasn't just some older guy looking for a youngin.

you really just have to trust your gut, if your comfortable and shes comfortable who cares what anyone else thinks, especially if your both happy in the end,

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

a reply to: crappiekat

Oddly enough I was planning to wear my luck blue paisley y fronts tonight lol.

I think we have hit the first obstacle.

If it goes any further then don't expect paisley Y fronts to be around much longer.

Also I can say from experience that some(or all) of your favorite shirts will slowly start to "disappear" and other strange clothes will "appear".

You will find your self defending your haircut and feeling pressured into some god awful "styled" cut.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Never let age come between you and a good thing.

She's an adult, you're an adult, there's no reason her feelings, wants, desires aren't valid just because she's 20 and you're 41.

A lot of younger women really like older men, because they are mature, have their heads on right and have plans for a proper future.

IMO, you have nothing to worry about, until something happens that gives you reason to worry

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In modern society, a 21 year age difference is a crap ton.

10 year age difference is easy. It gets harder from then on.

Assuming you can make it work, when she is 50 ...... you will be 71. Um ... yeah.

Love can conquer all but other meddling people can kill love stone motherless dead!

I am going to assume that she has no Dad. So right now you could be filling in both roles ... BF and Dad.

That is hard to do.

I suggest you say something along the lines of ..... "Why not just spend a few months getting to know each other, going out together and then we can decide if we want to be together as BF and GF.

That can take all of the pressure out of it.

Enjoy it while it lasts, truly man, I hope you find the love that sonnets are written about ... but I think she will grow up and then fly away. When that happens, don't be sad, remember what you had and be joyful.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Lol she isn't like that really.
She likes my style.
Gonna just see what happens tonight.
I may just get very drunk and pass out.
It's been a few years for me and I feel really nervous.
Like how I used to feel when younger lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

age is completely irrelevant..

the work thing can get bitter sweet.. but it is fun..

just enjoy yourself..

yeah the drinks is a great idea..

lol freaking out 4 you lol have super fun
edit on 19-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

then getting drunk is a must...

Also...you will last longer

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Lol she isn't like that really.
She likes my style.
Gonna just see what happens tonight.
I may just get very drunk and pass out.
Like how I used to feel when younger lol.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you be fine.

Just don't mention the reptillians.

And seriously, keep a track on your shirts.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Go for it if it makes u happy!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Cheers all great advice from all much better than my rl mates advice which was just "perv" gonna go for her

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

call her kitten dude she will like that..

u are so much fun she will adore u

more like I am not surprised she likes you

edit on 19-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join