It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those of Us Who Hate Christmas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Alone. Sad. Bad memories. Dysfunctional Families. Loss of a Family. Not making it home in time. Not enough money for The Kids. No tree. No lights. No friends.

I know there's some of you out there who might fit in the above categories. If you hate Jesus, I can easily understand why. Maybe he didn't say "SHAZAM!" for you when you really needed it. That happened to me on this day three years ago. I needed a SHAZAM, and I never received one. I hated God on that day. He gave me a pretty raw deal. Those who read my blog will know why, but I'll spare it here.

I found something to help me through today. Today's a Saturday for me. It's not Christmas. However, it's someone's birthday. That SHAZAM guy who we all tested to see if he's real. Yeah, today's his birthday. Forget Santa for a minute. Once you live alone, Santa stops showing up. SHAZAM doesn't.

(Go ahead and flame me. I'm used to it.)

A book written by a bunch of hard-to-understand writers became the most published book in the world. That book tells the story of lots of SHAZAMS by The Birthday Man. He seems like a superhero in a comic book, and everyone tells us to PRAISE HIM. PRAISE HIM. PRAISE THIS MAN WHO NEVER SINNED. Some of us do, and some of us don't.

This post is to help those of us who know what my first paragraph feels like. What it's like to be depressed. Those of us who never got our SHAZAM this year. I'm going to show you that Mr. Birthday asked for SHAZAM's, too. Mr. Birthday had a few bones to pick. Mr. Birthday knew what it feels like to be like us.
Note: This is not taken from a mass email.

1)He knows abandonment. Matthew 26:56
"Then all the disciples abandoned Him and fled."

2)He knows poverty and homelessness. Matthew 8:20
"Jesus replied, 'Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to rest his head."

3)He knows childlessness. Mark 10:14
"When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'"

4)He knows that many hate Him.
"'Those who sit at the gate mock me, and I am a song of the drunkards.'"

5)He, Himself, questioned God...

From The Sixth Hour To The Ninth, Darkness Was All Over The Land:

Psalm 22:1 - "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?

Matthew 27:46 - "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani" that is "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?""

Mark 15:34 - "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"

So, for those of us who won't be having a very, merry Christmas, remember that the person who was born on this day has an inkling of an understand on how it feels to not be perfect after all. How it feels to think that God's turned his back on us. I doubt this will give many people solace, but it's what's churning in my head over and over as I sit through this terrible day.

Happy Birthday, Yeshua.
Dot.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I hear ya dotgov. Had a few lonely xmas' myself. Sorry to hear that your day was not the happiest in the world. When I am feeling blue, I put my self in the shoes of someone not as well off as me (possibly a homeless kid or whatever) then it puts what I have and where I am in life into perspective and I think 'who am I to feel hard done by!'

But anyway, I hope it's not to late to wish you some good tidings, and I hope you can find some juicy conspiracies in the new year.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just what to say I am also one of the people who end up spending Christmas alone. It is not by choice. I dont like it this way of corse, but I try not to feel depresed. I will call family this afternoon, and there is a restrant that I like to go to on days like this. Even though I am alone, I still know I am better off then many other people out there. So from person who is alone to all the others out there, am wishing you all a merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I won't be completely alone today, and I am sorry Schmick and Golem about your thoughts regarding today. Mom's gonna visit for a few mins, but that's it. Ted may go to dinner with my family, depending on whether or not I'll be a basketcase at the time.

But hey.... at least we're all here typing to each other rather than laying in our beds, right?

Dot.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is the only christmas ive felt happy. I spent last christmas depressed and sucidal. I hated life and everyone around me and i felt truely alone. Things get better, look at me now, i have a good job, beautiful girlfriend and an education to build a good future.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Live this day to its fullest. Congrats with the job and the beautiful girlfriend.

To the future,
Dot.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
Live this day to its fullest. Congrats with the job and the beautiful girlfriend.

To the future,
Dot.

Hope your day is going good for you, remember im always here for a chat if you like, U2U me or add me on MSN incase you need to talk. Im always here for people.

Dani - infinite

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm thousands of miles away from my family, in a place I don't want to be. I used to enjoy Christmas and I know that future ones will be the best ever, but the last two have been pretty crappy.

But I know that it could be worse - I could be without KayEm, who is the only reason I am here. I never loved anyone as much as I love her and would walk to Hell and back to be with her. Maybe we're still in Hell - but not for much longer.

I will be taking to my family later, and then going for a walk to the river for some peace and to cry away the homesickness I still feel. I know it will be better, but right now it hurts. You've read my blog so you know what I'm talking about. Somedays I just can't bring out the pixy inside and it feels as if today is one of those days.

I wish that we all could meet, we for whom Christmas is a trial, and give a boost to each others souls. Dot, Infinite, Red Golem, shmick, KayEm and of course the Original Cornish Pixy. That would be fun and make Christmas easier to deal with.

Thanks for the words, dot. They helped. Maybe I will be able to bring out the pixy today after all.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I wish that we all could meet, we for whom Christmas is a trial, and give a boost to each others souls. Dot, Infinite, Red Golem, shmick, KayEm and of course the Original Cornish Pixy. That would be fun and make Christmas easier to deal with.

Hopefully next year

Tomorrow is my real christmas cause i get to spend it with my girlfriend, who i love so much. This girl pulled me out of hell and showed that i can be happy. That is the greatest christmas gift of all time

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I hear you all and echo the words you all spoke. Christmas has been a trial this year, as it has been for the past few Christmas'. See, I have a daughter. That's her as my avatar in case you want to see a pic. She is the love of my life and I have to spend it away from her. I've been going through a few things as of late. The deterioration of the relationship between my brother and I. See, I only moved up here to the town I live in the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Shawn, my brother, had asked me to move up here because the economy is real good up here (compared to my hometown that is). Well, I found a job up here within a week. It's not a great job, but it pays the bills and will suffice until I can find a better one. Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I got kicked out of my brother's house because I visited a church they don't like. My sis in law got furious and opened some mail I recieved when she saw the address on the card was this church they absolutely hate. Anyways, my daughter (Amber Grace) is staying with my aunt and uncle until I can find a place of my own. I am crashing at a co-worker's house for the time. I have to spend Christmas away from my daughter, have the house to myself since my co-worker and his roommate are gone out of town, and my daughter is in the hospital at the time. She had to be rushed there late last night because of her fever shooting up and she got sick. She has a bad ear infection to boot. I didn't know any of this till this morning because no one bothered to call me. Anyways, hope everyone's day turns out better.

regs out...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is the only christmas ive felt happy. I spent last christmas depressed and sucidal. I hated life and everyone around me and i felt truely alone. Things get better, look at me now, i have a good job, beautiful girlfriend and an education to build a good future.

Infinite,
That is great to hear!! I wish you nothing but continued good forchen, and the new year to be even better then this one.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I also spent many years alone on christmas, thanksgiving, and my own birthday. When i was younger I took a job that had me managing Kiosk and carts at malls and fairs. The money was good, but unfortunetly , i was alone. A new place to work every couple weeks or months. I had spent maybe six or seven years doing this. To those that spend them by themselves , all I can say is this. Spend this time to truly think about what you find important ,and what you love about those that you hold close in your heart. Dont let the these few times make you feel that things are unfair. there will come a time that you wont be alone and you will have much to rejoice!!! even if it be a close friend, a family member or a lover. I consider myself lucky to having all those years by myself , I No longer take christmas for granted(or anyday you are with your loved ones!!!) I know that to have anybody set aside a little place in their heart is truly a miracle, truly magical and the best thing you could ever get.

I've got a great girl now, the kind that makes you LEss stupid(something i've suffered from for too long LOL), started on the internet just a bit more than a year from now, i'm grateful to her for showing me kindness and warmth and thats okay to be imperfect. MY family too i've spent the past three christmas' at home and i'm happy as hell!!!!! tons O love and laughter , anyways have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, we all have alot of time on this earth , hopefully we all get to have One good christmas, I know that's enough to keep me content, just one day out of my whole selfish life to love the people in my life that have only shown me kindness. or and MERRY CHRISTMASS

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Don't forget that christmas or jul/youle is only one day per year.

The resat of the year is alot more important!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just wanted to add, GOd what a hangover i got, Damn i hate christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
Just wanted to add, GOd what a hangover i got, Damn i hate christmas!!

Hangover?? Dude, take two ibuprofens before bed and big glass of water...

I could not sleep after the day was all said and done with...
Food = grease, sugar, oils, salts, ect....... I was curled up in a ball trying not to hurl... and no pepto bismol didn't work... hate that feeling.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just want to have a recap and see how the author of this thread is? i would like to know is he/she is ok

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
whew
now that the (honored) day is passed,
heres a pic from the Wikipedia.org source of information

an offense is not intended- -with this caganer pic- -
but a worldly-attitude about x-mas & the nativity would be refreshing,

for some background on the figure/symbolism go here 'Wikipedia'

just trying to walk life in balance....
what about youse?

~~

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

I have to say this - it looks like a pixy. Since when did pixies appear in the Nativity ?

Maybe the three wise men included a pixy who brought gifts of pixy stix, Hershey bars and Cornish cider

new topics

top topics

join