It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Drug to end drug addiction...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Going out on a big limb here but here goes nothing.

The supply of illegal drugs to the USA can't be stopped. The demand for them is just too high and rising everyday. I'm sure legalizing it will take far too long and won't stop users C'mon now there addicts. So I propose a drug that will stop it. But why not fight drug addiction with drugs?

We all watch these poor addicted people of all ages say they can't stop taking meth, Heroin and anything else they can snort inject smoke or swallow.. Then they roll out to murder traffic, rob, and steal to support their habit. Well they get picked up and plead to everyone that will listen to give them another chance, then as soon as they have BS'ed their way out just do it again.

Our new system will help them. Lets call our New drug Factor One... So you have hit rock bottom and are sitting in jail, you don't like it. But there's Hope! If you want out you take a Factor One injection. But what does that do?

It works against the bad drugs you love to pop into your body. HARD. You will have serious reactions, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, headaches convulsions, blackouts, sore muscles, no strength, confusion..... 100 times worse that any withdrawal. Some would say it's inhumane but It will stop the desire quickly. It will be very painful. Counseling only after you wake up.. These people are poisoning themselves anyway and using Factor One will stop the cycle.

So do you Really want to quit? We can help. Just sign right here and roll up that sleeve bud. This stuff won't harm you at all if stay clean. If not your gonna be hurting worse than you ever thought was possible. And if you want to stay out of jail your gonna have to take a booster shot every six months.

people who use illegal drugs that don't commit crimes have nothing to fear. But those who do get it, and shall actually crawl back to our culture.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

You do know there are many anti addiction drugs already out there don't you?.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I have heard of some, but we don't use them enough. This would be a requirement to be released from custody, not covered by insurance companies. And it would work in seconds.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

So have you invented this wonder drug or?.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Have you ever had opiate withdrawal........Sounds like the symptoms you listed as your magic cure.....YA.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Drug and alcohol abuse is a symptom of mental illness, not a cause. You can't treat a problem purely by attempting to treat a single symptom. It's like trying to cure cancer by simply treating the patient with pain medication.

If you want to effectively treat drug and alcohol abuse, then you need to treat the cause of the problem...... which is, mental illness! That's what these so called 'experts' don't seem to be able to get there heads around.

Or you can just keep destroying any chance these individuals have of obtaining a quality of life, by dragging them though the criminal justice system. Waste billions of tax payers money just to make the problem worse.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
They already have Naloxone™

en.wikipedia.org...

# 464

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Been there with opiates multiple times til I found a way that doesn't hurt or put me out like withdrawals. I found anti addiction drugs are even worse. It's easier smoking some green, working out and eating right. You don't need a drug to get you off opiates anyways, don't know about the other stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
its called Vivitrol and In MY state of NEW JERSEY they give it to you at rehabs when u finish withdrawing at bout 7 days. It isn't too popular because if u have to pay for it its $800-$1000 shot that last for 30days that does EXACTLY what you described. I may be mistaken in spelling, but a few friends of mine are on it and have been for 6-8 months and ITS NO MIRACLE CURE. What you all fail to realize that judge addicts is that its 90 percent MENTAL. You must WANT TO STOP. Its a struggle because when you are high you want to be and if you want to be and you have nothing else to do because you're unemployed sitting around bored all day, then you're going to find a way to get high. It becomes a nasty cycle and habit that shouldn't be played with at all. Much respect to everyone here, I don't reply to any of these boards, i usually scan them for entertaining responses, but this thread hit home so theres my two cents.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Hasani because: mistaken price

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just withdrawal all your money from your bank account and take a vacation walking across America and you'll be free of drugs before you know it. You need water, food and clothing, not drugs.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If peeps need substances to control their illness then so be it. The opiates ie heroin are infact very clean substances if chemical grade and do very little damage to the body. Give people what they need. The war on drugs is a war against humanity. If you want to deal with drug abuse deal with the social conditions that create these problems in the first place..

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm on day 529 or so of sobriety. I'm also a proponent of taking drugs to get off drugs. Nothing illegal since 2013. My approach is the opposite. Instead of punishing, I promote growth. Nootropics have done wonders for me. I see no reason to harm my body in order to teach it that harming my body was bad. We know it's bad. That's not the point. I don't think non-addicts get addicts too well.

a reply to: purplemer

That's not even close to true. Just cause you get something from a pharmacy doesn't make it unharmful to your body. Opiates are more wrecking to the body than any other class of drug. More than alcohol, meth, coc aine, crack... they shorten your telomeres greater, and wreck the immune system.
edit on 19-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I myself was a drug addict for 7 years. I became addicted to my pain for my pinched nerve in my back. It started with perocet, the. When those stopped working i got oxys, then the milligrams upped every month. Before long i was taking 3-4 oxys orally.
Then i started snorting them. When i would run out of my meds i would buy them off drug dealers. I was lucky though, i have always had high paying jobs, in the excess of over a $130,000. (Theres stupid amounts of money in mining)
I didnt have much to show for the amount of money i made though. A new car and a big tv. My wife said to me one day, do you relize how much money we make? We have a home income of $200,000 a year. I started looking at all the things my fellow employees had and i was like, this is disgusting i have to get a grip.
So i went to my dr told him what had evolved, and he said i want you to try suboxone.
I had to go 24 hours without any opiates, which was complete hell, but something i needed to do.
3 years later...well let me say this, suboxone has saved my life.
At 32 years old, Me, my wife and kids now have everything we could ever want... And then some.
I urge anyone addicted to opiates to talk to their Dr and ask about suboxone.
You can have your life back.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I don't often comment but since I have experience in this "field", ill just say this sounds like a really dumb idea. I wish I could say more about how stupid it is but I'm afraid my comment would get deleted.

You said it yourself, addicts are addicts and they would find a new addiction.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What you describe sounds like what Antabuse does to alcoholics. That stuff is nothing but bad news. Sure, it keeps you from drinking, but the memory of drinking is what keeps some going back, not the addiction itself. So all antabuse does is hold the alcoholic at bay until they are off the treatment. And you know what? I'd rather see someone drink their life away than take that poison. I know because I've seen my father, who is a hard working man, waste away over the past few years because the legal system forces him to take that #.

I hope he recovers when he gets off in August but we will just have to wait and see

just my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Alcoholism and addiction are a spiritual malady, and the alcohol and drugs are but a symptom. Not even the ADA says it is a mental illness, because it is not. When someone is in the throws of addiction, they may behave as though mentally ill, but a short time in recovery will see these behaviors left behind and a healthy fellow grow back into their own skin. It's truly amazing!

The closest you can get is to define it as a behavioral issue. There is something in the brain of addicts and alcoholics that makes them bodily different than their fellows.

There are also people that are simply physically addicted to a substance, but can "decide" to put it down and move on to a healthier life. Consider them "hard partiers" rather than addicts/alcoholics. Alcoholics and addicts cannot do this without a spiritually motivated psychic change, and this cannot happen until all mind-altering substances are removed from the body.

To treat and addict/alcoholic with a drug to relieve the craving of another drug is not a cure for addiction and it also does not treat the spiritual death they are likely experiencing. I see benefits using it short term as they are "weened" off of their drug of choice. There are detox centers that do this in a safe environment.

I am just adding to the conversation here, as I have some experience and everything I've said is based upon my own experience and what I have learned to save my own behind.

In my experience, there is no way around it for addicts/alcoholics. True addicts/alcoholics can never safely use any substance.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I have heard of some, but we don't use them enough. This would be a requirement to be released from custody, not covered by insurance companies. And it would work in seconds.

This would be a requirement to be released from custody...

..So, the plan requires keeping those individuals locked up because of something they might do if/when they are released?
100 times worse than withdrawal you say..so, in other words-torture. I feel that your plan needs more...tweaking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join