It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate 105 degree weather!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Puke. Warm vegamite and lemonade...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Proof! I want proof.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Travel to Seattle...take a vacation here...or maybe even move here! Right now it is 59 and the high temp for today is 68.

Soft breeze...coffee in an outdoor restaurant...a walk through Pike Place Farmers Market...lunch at the Pier.

Are you interested?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you........

---------
1618 local (0718 Pacific Time)... 53 F and a light rain........ *MILE WIDE Grin*

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Does the Pope # in the woods when tent camping???

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: caladonea

Does the Pope # in the woods when tent camping???

Pack your bags...travel to the Northwest...you know you want to!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

May fleas of 1000 camels infest your armpit hairs and nether regions!

That's pure mean...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I love summer, in fact the whole time from May to October, with the furnace off is lovely. I would rather be in a house with air conditioning, than with furnace on, its far more beautiful outside and its far cheaper than the other portion of the year.

Now 105F a tad on the warm side. We have that for short periods of time in July and early August. Late Spring at that temp must be a big hard. Especially if its moist heat.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It was a beautiful night here in east central Wisconsin. The low dipped down to 50, great sleeping weather, and have all the windows open to let in the fresh cool air.

It's sunny and got to a nice 72 degrees today. Low humidity, beautiful to be out in the sunshine. We actually have trees here with green leaves, and real green grass, flowers, all that kind of thing that California can only dream of.

Oh yeah, and our cows are happier. I don't care what those damn commercials say, LOL!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
Sweden, 0638 H local (2138 H US Pacific Time) and a "lovely" 50F, gray skies with promise of rain. Perfect for the morning jog/dog walk.....
Lil' bit jealous tho........ would be nice to see the sun, at least once a week.....

Have a good one and take care...................

This. This is where I need to be. I'm in California like the OP. Maybe we could work out a trade? You want the sun you can have it!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Anyone who has ever driven up state on the I-5 can verify that the cattle feed lots of Harris Ranch display anything BUT unhappy cows.

I am glad someone is in a weather friendly area. I begrudge you not, though I do envy you.

I had a miserable day. I was cranky as it remained hot, and work was demanding. It was 104 here today, and is 99 degrees at this very moment. Dry, stifling heat. Aaack!

But I will soon be asleep in my cozy bed, AC blasting as I dream of a gentle, cool rain...where I am 12 again, riding my bike thru the mud puddles just to splash my little sister.

I am removing all the stops and taking desperate measures. I will perform the Mayan rain dance outdoors as I learned it decades ago in my junior high school Comparative Culture class. PLEASE join me! No dancing required from you....just cross your fingers that my dance be fruitful and a cool, gentle rain shall fall here. No flash floods please! Also, no SWAT team, no FBI copter overhead...lol!

Together we can!

beannacht

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I grew up in Las Vegas.

Been a desert dweller all of my life.

Loved the summer months in Afghanistan.

105 isn't bad compared to a spring day in Vegas or Kandahar.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

As I said. It would be nice to see the sun and get some heat sometimes. Gray skies, rain and a "chilly" 47 F, also can get boring after a few week, especially as I have a roof to fix. But I also don't envy you Californians and your sunny 100+ days on end. If I'm not mistaken, it has been going on for "a while". Last summer we had about 2 months straight of clear blue skies, sun and boiling 100+ days (and nights - at least it felt like it).... I got pretty bored with that too after a week or so.

Take Care and try to have a good one...................

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
74° now with a high of 88° for the day with 79% humidity.

Yesterday was mid 90s with high humidity as well.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Teach me to bitch about it being 105! Was 109 yesterday and 106 today!,

It's so hot my sweat is sweating!.

Hubby bought ice machine and I stand next to it, collecting the 12 coveted cubes for my own. It's MINE,,!
I prowl the counterparts waiting to hear the sound of ice falling into the basket. It is miserable hot, I tell ya.

Yes, we have an ice maker in our freezer but the filter needs changed (it's on my honey-do list) and it tastes gross. Freezer is full of food so can't buy bag of ice.

I will continue pacing my kitchen as ice is due any moment. In 3...2...1... * sound of heat stroke collapse *

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Mo chara (hope I got it right, don't want anymore flies, thank you), I think you're doing fine ranting.......
I do feel for you and the Californians, so I'll just say 0705 H local (2205 H PT)...........

Hope you have a good night and sleep ............ stay safe
edit on 6222015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Ah, tapadh leat, anamochara. Slainte!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I am removing all the stops and taking desperate measures. I will perform the Mayan rain dance outdoors as I learned it decades ago in my junior high school Comparative Culture class. PLEASE join me! No dancing required from you....just cross your fingers that my dance be fruitful and a cool, gentle rain shall fall here.

I'll watch... might even stomp my feet....... but as we say over here "Tuffa killar dansar inte!" (Tough guys doesn't dance).

edit on 6222015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join