It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate 105 degree weather!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Oh. then pardon me for labeling you American...........

I, for one, has never turned down a Guiness...... even this early in the morning.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

People were talking about snow that didn't melt under fire so I'd keep it away from my tongue

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
OMG, heat and humidity is like torture! If it ever gets that hot around here I'd probably kill myself or someone else. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
It's freakin HOT here. Was 105 degrees here today.

Try Phoenix. Tomorrow we'll break the record for most consecutive days above 105 in June. Today it was 115, tomorrow it will be 116, and right now, at about 10:30 PM, it's still triple digits at 101.

It's insane here.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

My family lives next to Death Valley, I hate it there, I'm in Alaska an it was 106 in the sun today.

Work was hell😖😲

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It could be worse buddy. I live in Yuma. 105 is cool for this time of year. It's been over 100 everyday for the last 3 weeks. Yuma averages 120 days of 100+ degree weather a year.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Ultralight
It's freakin HOT here. Was 105 degrees here today.

Try Phoenix. Tomorrow we'll break the record for most consecutive days above 105 in June. Today it was 115, tomorrow it will be 116, and right now, at about 10:30 PM, it's still triple digits at 101.

It's insane here.

I know how you feel man. Yuma and Phoenix are the 2 hottest cities in America. It takes a special kind of person to want to live in the desert. On top of the heat, I work outside all day. Work is more of an endurance match than anything else.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
We have our fire lit to keep us warm, it's been sitting in a box in our lounge for the past two years as we couldn't afford to install it so we sat there freezing wrapped up in blankets staring at the crate that had our fire in it with no heater cos couldn't afford the eXtra electricity. What is 105 farenhite in Celsius. Cold and damp here send us your heat and I will send some cool breeze.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

105 F = 40.5 C

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Hey vegemite is great, the trick is is to spread it very thinly. Often people spread it on thick like peanut butter when they first try it. I only eat vegespread which is similar but gluten free, vegemite and nz marmite have malt in them English marmite is gluten free tho.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

Hey vegemite is great, the trick is is to spread it very thinly. Often people spread it on thick like peanut butter when they first try it. I only eat vegespread which is similar but gluten free, vegemite and nz marmite have malt in them English marmite is gluten free tho.
and then there is promite which is similar but a bit sweeter but also contains gluten.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Ok that's hot. I prefer dry heat to humid heat. When I'm in Indonesia I sleep with a wet sarong or sheet on top of me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Maybe you shouldn't live where the temperature gets up to 105 if you dislike it so much...just a thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

Hey vegemite is great, the trick is is to spread it very thinly. Often people spread it on thick like peanut butter when they first try it.

Nah mate, I put that stuff on my toast half a cm thick. Nothing better than a toasted cheese sandwich spread with chucks of Vegemite so it all melts together with the cheese, lol. Everyone always says Americans hate it because they use to much, personally I think its just because they weren't raised on it. I'll eat it straight out of the jar, tastes fine to me.

Anyway, it is cold here atm down here in Victoria. It's the peak of winter and we're having 60 F days, it's just horrible! I'm dreaming of being up north in the tropics right now, it's just beautiful in winter. Around 87 F nearly everyday, constant bright blue skies and it rarely ever rains. I'd call it paradise, if it wasn't for the wet season!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'll eat it straight out of the jar

Glad i am not the only one . Strangely enough when i lived in Woomera back in the 80s the American kids loved it while their parents did not . I guess its an acquired taste . Talking about Woomera , i experienced my hottest ever day there . If you went outside for any length of time then back inside your clothes smelt like they had been dry cleaned .

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I spent nearly all of December last year working 12 hour days, spreading rock ballast by hand in mid 50's.

That's degrees Celsius, which is what? 131 Fahrenheit?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Tapahd leat, anamchara! I won't hold it against you. 😉

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Good advice. I'll jot myself a note. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

I feel your pain, your sweat, but envy your clean air and landscape.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ok, but..but...I live 15 minutes from the Pacific ocean. And we're without AC in these parts...and, thanks to nature, HAARP, and winos, we have no water. Hubby and I take turns fanning each other with paper plates and keep frozen peas at our necks.

edit on 1434720952Friday30Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:35:52 -0500amFriday3580830 by Ultralight because: Cranky autocorrect.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join