It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your yard has become Relentlessly Gay.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley
America in 2015. Becoming more and more of a sad place every day.

We need to brighten America up a bit. Perhaps with some colorful-. . . oh wait.

Never mind.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but this isn't passing the sniff test for me. I smell bs. The letter seems off to me.

Funny this turned into a fundraiser and has net 26k so quickly.

That's what I thought. The note sounds like it was written by a caricature.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the decorator and the nasty-note-writer are indeed one and the same, manufacturing more propaganda about those damn intolerant Christians.

Right, because it's very hard to believe that Christians in the U.S. are really that stupid.

One Million Moms Protests Chobani's Sinful Lesbian Yogurt
jezebel.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

What's stupid is writing your funding request with the same style and grammar errors found on the fake note, as pointed out by someone who is paying attention.

It's like writing a ransom note in your own handwriting and expecting no one to notice.

Pretty f# stupid.

What were you saying about Christians again?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Pretty f# stupid.

I take that back. The idea itself (the scam) is brilliant, albeit nefariously motivated and poorly executed.

The people who fell for it and helped fund "This Old Gay House" are those of questionable intelligence.
edit on 6/20/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

In case some readers do not check out the GoFundMe page:

So, I am starting this fundraiser so I can work to make my Home even More "relentlessly gay" If we go high enough, I will see if I can get a Rainbow Roof!

and I WILL NOT Relent to Hatred.

Looks awfully familiar ...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't know if it is a hoax or not. I can tell you this story.

I happen to be a fan and at times, wear a shirt from said band, depicting their second album cover. The band is Rainbow and while many do know the relevance of the shirt just as many don't.

In other words, I've heard this type of BS before. Underhanded statements where people are insinuating I'm gay.

Ritchie named the band after the legendary rock club in Smell A - that's L.A. for those who have never been there. So I guess the club is also gay. Isn't that the one Lemmy hangs at? Go tell him the place is gay and see what happens.

It doesn't bother me but I will say when I see a shirt that's ambiguous or I just don't understand the meaning of what is said on it I'll just ask. No one ever does that to me, they just assume.

I do get a little giggle out of the whole thing. The picture so obviously has nothing to do with the LGBT movement yet just the rainbow makes everyone automatically think that.

Don't get me wrong it's not all the time. One guy got me talking Rock and Roll with him because of the shirt and he was so totally foll of crap it was really funny. The only thing he got right was Rainbow was a classic band. This dude had claimed to play with Jimmy Page and was in some new supergroup that didn't exist. I went along with it as I was stuck there. Like Anthony Michael Hall says in Happy Accidents. "Don't get in the way of someone's improv", or to that effect anyway. It's fun to watch someone when you know are lying their asses off.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
More evidence of a scam. More random capitalization. Never seen anyone write this way before, but suddenly we see it multiple times from the "victim" herself.

imgur.com...

Edit to add:

The church this woman thinks the letter writer comes from is a Presbyterian denomination that seems to be gay friendly.

Presbyterians are a diverse group of people- in age, in political/moral thought, in race, in sexuality, really- in any way one can be diverse. Sometimes that causes for conflict, although, within our local church, Kenwood Presbyterian, we are committed to sharing what binds us together rather than what fighting over what could pull us a part.

kenwoodpresbyterianchurch.org...

This was not my own find ... stole it from another site, but thought it was rather an interesting point. The church being tolerant does not mean it's impossible for this to have happened, but to me it is less likely.
edit on 20-6-2015 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

She's up over $37K now, so I wouldn't say this was poorly executed. She obviously has a little knowledge of SEO as well. Her keyword "Relentlessly Gay" saturates both her GoFundMe campaign and her new website. Its in her titles, her meta tags, and its sprinkled throughout her articles, so I'd say she knows exactly what she's doing.

Notice how in her GoFundMe page, she was careful not to capitalize the same words that were capped in her note, but she just couldn't help herself in other places?

Some people are just gullible as all get out. I wonder how she's going to explain all of her neighbors getting glammed up for her relentlessly gay block party.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

She's up over $37K now, so I wouldn't say this was poorly executed. She obviously has a little knowledge of SEO as well. Her keyword "Relentlessly Gay" saturates both her GoFundMe campaign and her new website. Its in her titles, her meta tags, and its sprinkled throughout her articles, so I'd say she knows exactly what she's doing.

Poorly executed in terms of it's being too transparent. Of course that doesn't matter when your marks are idiots. She's obviously skilled at manipulating stupidity to her advantage.

Who cares if people find you out if you've hit paydirt, right? No morality. No honor. Not even any shame.

Sigh. Life would be so much easier as a scumbag.

USA 2015

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I just looked at the article and i am sorry but their is nothing in that yard or house nor anyone living in that house that's going to turn anyone gay .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

What sucks is my cousin's son (the sweetest and most well mannered kid on the planet) just spent his 18th birthday in the hospital because he was diagnosed with leukemia. His mom started a GoFundMe campaign about a month ago to help with the costs not covered by his insurance and she hasn't even hit $1K yet.

Maybe I should write him a note explaining how God is punishing him for being gay. (that was sarcasm for those of you waiting for a reason to pounce)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Maybe I should write him a note explaining how God is punishing him for being gay.

Try it , if coloured lights are worth 26k why not have a go .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Nah that's alright. The Bible says "Envy not the evildoers, for the meek shall inherit the Earth."

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yes but sometimes the meek need money .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
There's nothing not to love in mason jars, bright colors and solar... what is wrong with people?! It is funny bit still sad.

SHHH we are in pleasantville. Colors are outlawed. It is all about the black and white.

The topic reminds me of this movie. (Spoiler alert, dont click if you havent watched it, for i recommend this movie. Pleasantville.)

Gotta love allegories/metaphors.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Last week I saw a rainbow printed on a flyer in the train station.

I'm pretty sure I like women now.

This neighbor is on the right track. Anything multicolored is like a Gay Shotgun. Peppering people with impure thoughts.

Has this experience given new meaning to the ad slogan ''I'm thinking Arby's'' ?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Heck, I've got multicolored LED Christmas lights in the rafters of my swimming pool gazebo. Maybe that's relentlessly gay, too.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder the age of the letter writer. I have found (at least in my neck of the woods) that the over 50's crowd to be gutsy enough to make blatant threats against "the rainbow". My husband is an example. I love him to death but have noticed an increasing negativity against gays and transgender. Perhaps to much Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner, lately. Me, on the other hand
and over 50, have no problem with anyone at all. With so much tension, and wars, and shootings going on, maybe it makes it easier for them to point a finger? It's all very sad.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: admirethedistance

Edit to add: As a 100% heterosexual male, I think those lights are pretty cool!

When one needs to add how 100% Hetro they are it often can be assumed that they are not so in reality.

But gay lights in the garden can offend those pesky garden gnomes. I am not a fan of the "gay agenda" at all. In fact some of the propaganda they push is quite literally verging on pedoesque behavior. However, those jars are not really that offensive at all. Quite silly really.

Wow. An example of the so-called gay agenda's pro-pedophilia propaganda would be nice. Sounds like something Pat Robertson would say after banishing Texas to hell for having floods caused by not executing all gays!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join