It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon - ETs Upstairs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am an aspiring professional cartoonist hoping to get some feedback, and maybe add something in a cartoon way to the issues discussed in ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's seems ok to me, sorta reminds me of The Farside comics.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Like the art work

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I like it. Have any more?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jed Stuart

I reckon I'll be hated on for this, but since you are asking for feedback and criticism, you need to look at your punctuation more carefully.

The two questions marks and the two periods (not even a full ellipses) are pretty much pointless. And you are missing a comma in the second balloon.

Somebody will say I'm being picky, but clear communication is key in any written medium. I wouldn't say those things if you hadn't asked.

I'm sure you know the old trope: Let's eat Grandpa!. vs. "Let's eat, Grandpa!"

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Not bad, but I think it would be funnier if only the guy on the right had antennae. I agree that punctuation should be watched, as well. Keeping that correct will set you a step above a lot of cartoonists. I'd like to see more as well. Conspiracy cartoons could be a real riot.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

you need to look at your punctuation more carefully.

The two questions marks and the two periods (not even a full ellipses) are pretty much pointless. And you are missing a comma in the second balloon.

Somebody will say I'm being picky, but clear communication is key in any written medium. I wouldn't say those things if you hadn't asked.

I'm sure you know the old trope: Let's eat Grandpa!. vs. "Let's eat, Grandpa!"
I keep trying to learn the English language, but it really annoys me. It is so full of exceptions and illogicalness that I can't help but do things back to it. I probably will never get a job until I get a proof reader.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I like it. Have any more?

I have a few more I think worth showing. I will put another in soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Not bad, but I think it would be funnier if only the guy on the right had antennae. I agree that punctuation should be watched, as well.

On thinking about that I agree on both counts. When I did that one I was thinking the ETs were thinking that they were being listened to and covering themselves. That is a bit too obscure. Your suggestion makes it more of a quick joke. Here is the improved version.

edit on 24-6-2015 by Jed Stuart because: clumsyness

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I like it!

The guy the guy on the left is so oblivious is truly hilarious, and pretty realistic, too! Some people woudln't believe evidence right under their noses.
edit on 27-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

new topics

top topics

join