It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference between Jehovah's witnesses and Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Could someone tell me the difference between Jehovas and Freemasonry, the same ideologies, customs and same standpoint.
Are both just Cults today and lost its meaning?

Both serve a certain technocracy starting from the same standpoint and ends in the same standpoint?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not even close. While JW's qualify due to a belief in a higher being they wouldn't want to. They're a pretty closed community.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Seriously???

Wow. Watch Jeopardy and get a clue.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Its the same ideals. One proclaims the blood is where the soul resides, the other thinks the recessive genome of a O negative is a pure royalist. Both share the same ideals different views, the meaning of Saturnalia, both follow the astronomy/starsign pattern and a technocracy govern. The Freemasonry looks more like a business network with certain rules, and the Jehovah like a religious with certain rules. Both follow the same ideals. I can not see any difference in the basics of either of them, since they both think they are from a ruling class.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Why do i want to watch jeopardy?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

OK. Be prepared to be educated by more eloquent members than myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Id gladly hear them, since there is just one true lodge. The others are like a boys club of traditions they understand nothing about.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And please if you could tell them before September, we have some work to do, since there is just one, tell them hello from the Guardians of gaya, Gog.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm not a Mason but I WAS raised JW and that post above has SOOOOOOOO many errors that it ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You're thinking Mormons, not Jehovah's Witnesses.

Mormonism has (unofficial) ties to Freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's a good difference. I've never been woken up on a late Sunday morning by a Mason banging on my door looking to "rap about Christ".

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Very different. Freemasonry isn't a religion. The only stipulation is that you believe in a higher power and are of good moral character.

Freemasonry is a fraternity of men that want to better themselves through more esoteric and allegorical teachings.

A Jehova's Witness is a person that believes in a specific religious dogma.

A (weird) example would be a car club (I just looked out the window and saw my car). Freemasonry would allow you to join regardless of the make or model of car you own, as long as you own one.

I was actually very close to petitioning a lodge back in the day (I still might), and remember one of the guys telling me they had someone who was a Satanist join. Didn't last long (the guy's choice), but they're inclusive if you meet the believing in a higher power and good standing in society criteria.

I think of Jehova's Witnesses as being in a cult. I think of Freemasonary differently.

I'm pretty sure you could be a member of a cult and be a Freemason. Many sects of Christianity frown on or outright ban members from being Masons.

There is a LOT of BS surrounding the organization. I researched the crap out of it (at this point I offer a disclaimer, it's been a long time, so I might have something wrong) but personally found no conflict of interest between my faith and moral compass and becoming one. It never seemed cult-like to me, and if you research it and have a semi decent BS detector you'll soon learn that people denigrating Freemasons are almost always super sketchy and warping things. At the same time, there are a few chapters in the groups history that will give you pause. I can't think of a single large organization that doesn't have clusters of assholes from time to time that completely miss the point or outright ignore it on account of being assholes.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Jehovas are the ones always knocking on your door handing out doom pamphlets
Freemasons are the old guys at the county fair selling BBQ

Hope this helps.

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There's so many things wrong with this idea, I don't even know where to begin....So I won't. What I will do, however, is inform a few of our members who I know are Masons, and let them speak for themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance
You can at least admit that I'm close to the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

JW's are one of many groups that profess "the one true way".

Freemasons profess nothing of the sort save a belief in a Supreme Being, the tenant being there is no one true way.

Simple, but fairly correct.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
JW is a sect of the Christian religion. Freemasonry is not a religion, it's a fraternity.

There are more obvious differences.

You keep saying "same ideals" and so forth. Exactly what are you talking about?

Either way, similar ideals doesn't make it the same.

a reply to: AmericanZombie
I'm only 30.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I see, they don't trust you with the BBQ pit. I am retired Marine Corps trust me I have know plenty of Masons even the Prince Hall ones.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie
LOL I'd eat all of the food before it's done. This is the first year in a long while that I haven't been a presiding officer so usually I didn't have time to man the cooking.

Marine? Army myself.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't think JW's are much like Freemasonry but it wouldn't surprise me if Freemason's created JW's twisted religion.
JW's drink beer for that I respect them.

The Bible says be ye not filled with wine where in is excess but be ye filled with the spirit. It didn't say to completely abstain from wine.

Also Jesus first Miracle was turning water into wine.

Proverbs- Give strong drink unto him who perishes and wine unto him who is sick at his stomach.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join