It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television and the hive mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Human Beings to be Merged with Technology
to Create a "Hive Mind"

interesting site with hard-hitting facts;

www.mackwhite.com...

[edit on 25-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't believe that stuff. The mind evolves through millions of years, just like the body. Therefore you can only create in your mind, what you learn. Therefore, you either need someone to teach that, or you have to evolve under stressed circumstances in order to explore those capabilities, and the how-to.

Lots of people love to make popularity out of all sorts of junk. Got to consider that.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
millions of people, watching the same program at the same time-- too easy!!, TV is the perfect mass mind control medium.

See you don't believe-- they have already gotten to you.......

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
millions of people, watching the same program at the same time-- too easy!!, TV is the perfect mass mind control medium.

See you don't believe-- they have already gotten to you.......

Then I tell you, that I'm among those people, who experience the least comprehension to ads either on TV, or elsewhere. To me, they are just 2D moving pictures, well composed. However, I do actually wonder, how hard could it be for those actors trying the same 5sec scene all day.

There are only few things on TV that can drive me: Live shots, real life experiences , documentary and nature. I think, that's quite healthy from me. If I want to get something particular, I may find an ad attractive on it, but I won't be THAT excited about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The thing that strikes me about watching TV is that it is such a passive experience. You watch the show. You watch the commercials. You don't have any control except changing the channel from one thing to more of the same.

I watch less TV all the time. Oh, I still waste plenty of time, often mindlessly, but now I do it on the internet, where the experience is more interactive, and I have more control over what I look at.

It seems so strange to go into my workplace and hear people talking about TV characters, even cartoons, as if they are real people...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Peoples perceptions are so driven by television, it's scary. So much of what we beleive is a function of the mass market paradigm's of televisions idealised world, a good example of this conditioning relates to serial killers.

We are taught to fear difference, ugliness and those different to the norm, television doesn't promote the idea that serial killers are most often unremarkable in every way except for their perversion. Thats why it's so easy for the estimated 50 serial killers currently on the run in the US to get away with murder.

Your far safer accepting a ride from a stoner with deadlocks driving a combi van than you are from a smartly dressed man in his mid thirties driving a clean late model sedan....

Food for thought...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know a serial killer, who is still on the run.

He didn't use any hints from TV to kill those four young women and a baby, instead, he used the tactics of real killers who were caught, and became infamous of what they have done in reality.

The TV is not a guideline for those who build up a systemathical way of crime, they usually bring new elements into keeping fear to a community. But they do learn from each other, because they "trust" that work of art from another criminal. Usually all crimes contain useful solutions to any murderer, a vast scale of hints to get away. According to criminalpsychology, those are always the best crimes, when the victims are kept right near the killer. This way he can be sure, that nobody will ever find them (by accident), and if any person (eg: family member) is searching for the victim, he/she will surely disappear, and nobody will ever search for him/her.

These are called perfect crime. Still, there is a potential target: the behaviour of the killer, which can hold valueable clues to start any investigation . Those people who killed someone and got away with it, behave completely differently and can be targeted for a thorough investigation. Unfortunately most investigators are searching for raw evidence, and that's why many killers can get away with their work of art so easily.

top topics

join