It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still love FRINGE. 3rd time round and it's still awsome.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

According to JJ Abrams, the reason it comes off as rushed is because the final season wasn't set up as a serial as the first 4 were. It was one nonstop story that was for all intents and purposes a 9 hour film split into 12 episodes.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

They never did quite explain the Latin speaking group.

Interesting point. Just kind of left them as these mysterious folks who built the machine.

And while they explained the Observers, I think they kind of only did so half-heartedly.

It is a bit trippy, but never had any problems following the show. Then again, most of these subjects were already intense interests of mine. And c'mon, how many of us scoured old photos of historic events, and wanted to photoshop in some Observers, huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Is it better than;
Breaking Bad (also with an amazing Walter)

Dexter
The Walking dead?
In that order.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Guess it depends. I'm in the minority that never really go into Breaking Bad, though I loved the other shows you mentioned.

If you liked the X-Files, you'll like Fringe. It's much the same formula, but in the final season, a pretty different show, and much more sci-fi (final season) due to the storyline.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Hmmmm.. I'm intrigued! I wasn't overly enamoured with the x files, however I like good sci-fi.
I'll keep my eye on it.

Another show which normally l wouldn't like is Stalker. It's not perfect, but I've really enjoyed it so far.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Hmmmm.. I'm intrigued! I wasn't overly enamoured with the x files, however I like good sci-fi.
I'll keep my eye on it.

Another show which normally l wouldn't like is Stalker. It's not perfect, but I've really enjoyed it so far.

Fringe as said starts off very much like the x files in that its a weekly show with a plot and bad guy and then it moves on.

As the xfiles did it starts multi episode threads going and starts to become really interesting and complex.

If you can get through the first season and a half and enjoy the charecter development you could love it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Thanks dude. It's on my list like game of thrones is.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
im watching fringe again because of this thread.
such an awesome show.

i rank it right up there with the x files. i would probably give the nod to the x files.
i was super into x files till duchovny left. wasnt the same with the liquid cop.

anyone remember the spin off from the x files the lone gunmen?

www.imdb.com...

it was only on for a season but it had my boy frohike

i wish it would have stayed on.

in the pilot episode a hijacked plane was being tracked at the world trade center. that was 6 months before it actually happened.
maybe thats where the idea came from
edit on 20-6-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

here is the pilot. quality evens out at 15 seconds

edit on 20-6-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

i was super into x files till duchovny left. wasnt the same with the liquid cop.

Same here. Only watched a few episodes after that. Wasn't the same.

anyone remember the spin off from the x files the lone gunmen?

I loved that show! Kind of a quirkier, comedic show than I was expecting, but being a conspiracy nut myself, I was all about this show. I knew though, given the subject matter, it's shelf life was limited. It needed what all sci fi shows need to survive...a hot chick. They had Zuleikha Robinson, but not often enough. Sexist? Sure. True? Yep.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Thanks dude. It's on my list like game of thrones is.

I suggest you watch fringe first, I am not a fan of game of thones and now refuse to watch a show until I know it has actually finished with an ending and not cancelled with half a dozen loose unanswered plot lines.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

really?
frohike was all the hotness i needed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join