It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still love FRINGE. 3rd time round and it's still awsome.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not normally a big TV person, I love Stargate(all of them), Star trek(not the origional but all the others), B5 ect.

I never really got the X Files or the remake of Battlestar Gallactica.

I really really love Fringe. It starts off a bit bog standard once a week but evolves into a really head **** awsome story.

Myself and Mrsnonspecific often argue as she see's it as a love story between Peter and Olivia and I see it as a love story between Walter and Peter, a true father and son love that even physics can not stop.

I am watching it start to finish for the fourth time know and I am still not sure I understand what the hell is going on.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ah, I loved that show too. Can't say that I've watched it through 4 times, but maybe it would be a good idea to give it another go. I know I was really unhappy when it got canned.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Ah, I loved that show too. Can't say that I've watched it through 4 times, but maybe it would be a good idea to give it another go. I know I was really unhappy when it got canned.

The first time round I only half watched it, the second I thought I knew what was going on.

The next time I got to the end and said "What the hell actually happened?"

Now I am starting to understand it fully. Series one is very much standard TV but even series 2 starts to get clever.

I love Walter, you may have figured this

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i love fringe. i have never made it to season 4. i have binged watched the first 3 seasons a couple time though.
thats a show that is always good to watch.

walter is a great character

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
i love fringe. i have never made it to season 4. i have binged watched the first 3 seasons a couple time though.
thats a show that is always good to watch.

walter is a great character

It went to 5 seasons although the last one was half the episodes to finish the story.

As a Father and one that has followed the white rabbit I love Walter for going into an alternate reality and destroying the world to get his son back.

Also he has a pet cow.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Watched the entire series for the first time earlier this year and loved it. I think the only episode I didn't like was Walter's tripping episode where half or most of the episode was a cartoon.

I loved Leonard Nimoy's character, and wish he had appeared in more episodes. Look forward to watching the series again soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We were watching it when they were showing it on the Science channel, and we were really disappointed when they stopped. It was getting interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We were watching it when they were showing it on the Science channel, and we were really disappointed when they stopped. It was getting interesting.

Did they not show the half season 5 with the conclusion then?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
Watched the entire series for the first time earlier this year and loved it. I think the only episode I didn't like was Walter's tripping episode where half or most of the episode was a cartoon.

I loved Leonard Nimoy's character, and wish he had appeared in more episodes. Look forward to watching the series again soon.

I liked William Bell's limited appearences as although he was intergral it gave the charecter a sense of mystery and Nimmoy played the maniac very well.

There were a few iffy episodes agreed, I did not really like the musical episode all that much.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Any show where I can watch Eric the Midget's head explode is a good show.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

If they did, we missed it. They kept changing the times when it would appear, and it went on hiatus for a long time. I think they were still showing the last season on major networks by then.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Fringe is good but is no Xfiles. The actor who plays the boss on Fringe creeps me out. I think it's his eyes. But the show is very good.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If they did, we missed it. They kept changing the times when it would appear, and it went on hiatus for a long time. I think they were still showing the last season on major networks by then.

It's on netflix, I would suggest starting again and then watching it through to the end.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They never did quite explain the Latin speaking group.

Loved the show & the premise of a war between alternate realities.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I never really got the X Files or the remake of Battlestar Gallactica.

Because of your love of Fringe I will try to block that statement out of my head and find it in my heart to forgive you for that!

I really really love Fringe. It starts off a bit bog standard once a week but evolves into a really head **** awsome story.

Absolutely! It's definitely in my top 10 TV shows of all time, any genre.

Myself and Mrsnonspecific often argue as she see's it as a love story between Peter and Olivia and I see it as a love story between Walter and Peter, a true father and son love that even physics can not stop.

I think you're both right. I always saw it as a love story between this group of strangers who, as a result of bizarre circumstances, become this extended family who love each other, literally to death in some cases and have each others backs to the point they break into an alternate universe to rescue one of their own. It's far more intricate than just a Walter/Peter or Peter/Olivia paradigm in my opinion without the support of Astrid and Broyles and even Nina(depending on the universe or timeline in question) as well as December...I don't think any of them would have made it through to the end.

I am watching it start to finish for the fourth time know and I am still not sure I understand what the hell is going on.

I go through the entire series at least once a year, sometimes twice. Though to be honest, it took me about 6 months before I could bring myself to watch the final episode and see how it all ended because I just didn't want it to end. The last season just kills me to watch sometimes because it breaks your heart more than once. I'll just stop there so that A. I don't include any spoilers in case some people haven't seen the entire series and B. because I literally will get overly emotional over it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I loved it until the later episodes. It felt rushed and less well planned as it came to the final episodes. It was forced and you could tell. It was great before that though.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just a few days ago, my wife and I were just talking about watching the series through again. Funny timing posting this thread in regards to that.

Anytime Hurdy Gurdy Man comes on the radio it reminds me of Black Blotter now.
edit on 6/19/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing autocorrect error.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Fringe is a fantastic sci fi series, one of my favourites alongside Stargate, Startrek and others. A couple of Aussie actors helped it along its way as well
but if you seriously want to see a very good Prison Drama watch Wentworth from the start its awesome and I'm hooked.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My teenager loves Fringe !

I don't get it. At all. I usually turn to him and say "What the hell " he'll sigh, explain it to me, it's just creepy and weird to me. Usually, I just blink and say that's enough for a while and he laughs.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I loved it until the later episodes. It felt rushed and less well planned as it came to the final episodes. It was forced and you could tell. It was great before that though.

From what I understand it was cancelled at the end of season 4 without a conclusion but the studio eventually allowed a 12 episode 5 to wrap everything up.

I actually quite liked it as though rushed and crammed in at least we got to see the end.

I was gutted when I watched the 4400 only to find out it was cancelled without a conclusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join