It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Water - An 'Extreme View'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

On June 16 2015, the upscale town of Mountain House was told that within a few days they would have zero water, because the government was cancelling the water contract to their supplier ...

While the water company may find another source of water, they may not.

Marina owner Mitzi Richards carries her granddaughter as they walk on their boat dock at the dried up lake bed of Huntington Lake which is at only 30 percent capacity as a severe drought continues to affect California on September 23, 2014. California is in the grip of its third year of severe drought, the worst in decades, threatening to drain underground aquifers and leaving the taps of some 40 million people to run dry. The state’s drought affected Central Valley, is the considered the richest food-producing region in the world, where much of America’s fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables being grown there. AFP PHOTO/Mark RALSTON (Photo credit should read MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images)

June 17, 2015 - Is This An 'Extreme View' ???

-

Brazilian metropolis of Sao Paulo has become so severe that local authorities are considering bringing in military personnel to cope with the possible social chaos.

Senior officials at Sao Paulo's water facility said residents might soon be evacuated because there is not enough water, to bathe or to clean homes.

The water crisis is the worst is the last 84 years, and the dry season has only just begun.

May 26, 2015 - This IS An 'Extreme View'.

OR

The Makins For Another ... Truckin-Movie

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you do a "whois" of "relfe.com", it's a website registered in Arizona to Michael Relfe.
This is the same person who has worked on US military bases on Mars...

exopolitics.blogs.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

If I were in California, I'd leave now, when the possibility some idiot might buy my house is still great. If there isn't water, there isn't life - I don't understand why these people in these houses haven't put them up for sale or plain just walked away from them.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The article was apparently written by Stephanie Relf.

( not michael who appears to be her husband )

About the Webmaster Autobiography of Stephanie Relfe

She does appear to me to have a whacky-side however her article does contain credible-links.

I do think her article contains an extreme-view/opinion ...

but too ... it's not worthless.

As Evidenced-By:

A Similar View - Different Article-n-Author

edit on 18-6-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

In the meantime, California is giving free medical coverage for illegal's children....I wonder if dehydration is covered?...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I live here and have my entire life. Here are my thoughts to the underlying contributors to our drought, besides the lack of rain.

1. Smelt and the Bay Delta wars. The environmental wack jobs went head to head against the farmers in the San Francisco/San Joaqine river delta. Why? A species of fish who live in the waterways and that water being CRUCIAL to 2/3s of Californians for drinking water. 4 million acres of agriculture. Then farmers turned on each other. Who wins? Water contractors.

From 2011 Huffington Post:
Water Wars

2. Vineyards. Do we NEED wine over water in CA?
Navigate the Wine State

People's wells go dry in various areas of these wine regions. San Luis Obispo county is proud of being internationally recognized for it's wine grapes grown, crushed, bottled and stored there. The reality is shocking. In the Wine friendly Californian city of
Paso Robles, they rely on wine as the major money maker and have allowed over 37 residential wells to run dry, 48 in serious jeopardy....while 67% of that ground water basin is agriculture (88% vineyards), 18% residential.
And these stats were in 2013 !!!
New Times of SLO

People need water to live. That ALWAYS trumps fish and wine in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

They have and they do. There IS water here. It's dammed up and/or diverted to other uses than direct to consumer as water. It's either on a hoof, in a shell, inside a peel, or on a vine with a specific destination..wine.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I assume you are talking about this?

The latest statistics put 90 percent of the state in the severe drought category. But that, like many other rules the little people must follow, does not apply to Nancy Pelosi and her constituents in San Francisco.

The Washington Times has discovered that while drought, combined with the Endangered Species Act, “has wreaked havoc for decades on rural communities,” San Francisco is exempt from the water rationing imposed elsewhere.

Pelosi's District Exempt From Water Rationing

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

If I were in California, I'd leave now, when the possibility some idiot might buy my house is still great. If there isn't water, there isn't life - I don't understand why these people in these houses haven't put them up for sale or plain just walked away from them.

Its all hype and baloney and the natives know it. The Californian Gov't has managed to manufacture a "spot shortage" in order to advance an agenda. In reality, there's no shortage, just a regulatory shift that makes the corporate farming operations have to roll differently in order to get water.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Ameilia

Its all hype and baloney and the natives know it. The Californian Gov't has managed to manufacture a "spot shortage" in order to advance an agenda. In reality, there's no shortage, just a regulatory shift that makes the corporate farming operations have to roll differently in order to get water.

Would you mind providing further info re: manufactured spot shortage? I saw the NASA photos of California, and being uneducated in this area, decided the drought was real. Is there evidence otherwise?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have also sat in on meetings/presentations of the DFG(Dept. of Fish and Game)back around 2001 they presented a map of all the land that they were going to purchase in The San Joaquin Valley.They mentioned that they could afford to purchase up to 2 million acres in a big horseshoe around the valley for "conservation".When asked how they could afford such an expenditure,they mentioned they would buy it for pennies on the dollar because of lack of water.When asked about where their budget came from they said 75% of their budget came from hunting and fishing licensing fees.
When asked if hunters and fishermen were to access said land,they said absolutely not.Only accredited university biologists who got permits for study were to be allowed on said land.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

news.investors.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have also sat in on meetings/presentations of the DFG(Dept. of Fish and Game)back around 2001 they presented a map of all the land that they were going to purchase in The San Joaquin Valley.They mentioned that they could afford to purchase up to 2 million acres in a big horseshoe around the valley for "conservation".When asked how they could afford such an expenditure,they mentioned they would buy it for pennies on the dollar because of lack of water.When asked about where their budget came from they said 75% of their budget came from hunting and fishing licensing fees.
When asked if hunters and fishermen were to access said land,they said absolutely not.Only accredited university biologists who got permits for study were to be allowed on said land.

news.investors.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Mother of God. I thought I was beyond amazement. Your experience and that source deserve a thread of their IMO, people need to know this instead of, like me, assuming it's a lack of rain combined with maybe some manufactured, but mostly just lack of rain...

edit on 6/19/15 by Ameilia because: fix quote

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Mother of God. I thought I was beyond amazement. Your experience and that source deserve a thread of their IMO, people need to know this instead of, like me, assuming it's a lack of rain combined with maybe some manufactured, but mostly just lack of rain...

Agree! ... 110%.

edit on 19-6-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Real estate will be getting cheap in California.

Watch the value of homes drop significantly.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So why isnt the news all over this???

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"We are being targeted by predatory, hyperdimensional species" I DID NOT know that. I guess I should pay better attention.

That was in reply to: stormcell It won't let me quote.
edit on 20-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I live here and have my entire life. Here are my thoughts to the underlying contributors to our drought, besides the lack of rain.

1. Smelt and the Bay Delta wars. The environmental wack jobs went head to head against the farmers in the San Francisco/San Joaqine river delta. Why? A species of fish who live in the waterways and that water being CRUCIAL to 2/3s of Californians for drinking water. 4 million acres of agriculture. Then farmers turned on each other. Who wins? Water contractors.

From 2011 Huffington Post:
Water Wars

2. Vineyards. Do we NEED wine over water in CA?
Navigate the Wine State

People's wells go dry in various areas of these wine regions. San Luis Obispo county is proud of being internationally recognized for it's wine grapes grown, crushed, bottled and stored there. The reality is shocking. In the Wine friendly Californian city of
Paso Robles, they rely on wine as the major money maker and have allowed over 37 residential wells to run dry, 48 in serious jeopardy....while 67% of that ground water basin is agriculture (88% vineyards), 18% residential.
And these stats were in 2013 !!!
New Times of SLO

People need water to live. That ALWAYS trumps fish and wine in my opinion.

The most water thirsty crops in California are almonds and cotton. Not grapes.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

In the meantime, California is giving free medical coverage for illegal's children....I wonder if dehydration is covered?...

I hope so, they are living people. Illegal's children...hmmm...children born here? They would be US citizens. Other children..they are children. I hope they have medical care and water. I can;t believe I had to type this out.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They have an entire coastline of water! Desal, folks.

I lived in the absolute MIDDLE of Saudi Arabia, and they didn't have a water issue, because of desalinization plants.

How did they not go to this decades ago?

new topics

top topics

join