It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Died Brave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

FRESNO -- A lot of office boys like to talk about "old school." I'll tell you who was old school: Saddam Hussein. Saddam died beautiful. It's the truth and you know it. Fact is, the longer we stay in Iraq the better Saddam looks. He never had a tenth of our money or weaponry but he did what we can't: kept that bag of snakes in order.

Saddam execution video. And what a way to go! Damn, did you see that cellphone video of his death? A bunch of Shia monkeys in ski masks woofing at him -- safe behind their masks, with Saddam handcuffed and under guard -- woofing like cockapoos at a pit bull heading for the Pound's death cell. And Saddam laughed at them, especially when they chanted the name of their pissant Imam, Moqtada al-Sadr. You can hear him on that jerky cellphone video sneering, "Moqtada?" And Saddam earned the right to laugh; he killed Sadr Sr. and kept Junior so terrified he didn't dare show his fat face until Saddam was gone and only the wimp occupiers were in charge.

www.cjournal.info...
edit on 18-6-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Jun 18 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed huge quote, added proper external quote tags

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe it was a staged scene, that'll explains the cool as a cucumber!
I think him and he's sons are probably living it up in Florida.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Throughout history dictators quite often were very charming people who could indeed put on a noble front. I have an associate who fixed Saddam's hernia while he was in prison and he said that the man was very intelligent and charming and could expound at length on UR and Nineveh and the history of the fertile crescent.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From what I remember he ran a hid like a coward until we found him. I have seen the video of his death for some reason I remember him looking scared out of his mind.

Thanks for the info on the date he was executed thought, I did not know that, seems odd the Iraqi government chose that date. Then agian they all pretty much hated him

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DiggerDogg

He declined to wear the black mask which is supposed to make it a little easier for the soon-to-be-dead.

I was impressed by that. Theres this moment when they stop and the hood is offered and at first Saddam cocks his head like, what? and the guy repeats, offering the hood. Saddam looks at it and dismisses it with a gesture like, lets get on with it.

I get that once we've accepted our imminent death its all over but the crying. However, he did hide in that hole trying not to get caught. I'm pretty sure he was afraid for his life then. So was Jesus on that night. Sweating blood?

If you are going to take a stand to the death on principle you best be ready to accept the fate it warrants. I see Julian Assange, hiding out, I see Snowden dug in deep, I also see Manning, who endured all that crap in jail, and still everyday, stood tall before the man.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ah, sh*t, posted the wrong thing by accident. The idea is similar but I like this by Gary Brecher better. Edited the OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
whatever else it might be described as, the hussein execution was a revolting spectacle.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

He declined to wear the black mask which is supposed to make it a little easier for the soon-to-be-dead.

I was impressed by that. Theres this moment when they stop and the hood is offered and at first Saddam cocks his head like, what? and the guy repeats, offering the hood. Saddam looks at it and dismisses it with a gesture like, lets get on with it.

I get that once we've accepted our imminent death its all over but the crying. However, he did hide in that hole trying not to get caught. I'm pretty sure he was afraid for his life then. So was Jesus on that night. Sweating blood?

If you are going to take a stand to the death on principle you best be ready to accept the fate it warrants. I see Julian Assange, hiding out, I see Snowden dug in deep, I also see Manning, who endured all that crap in jail, and still everyday, stood tall before the man.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Yeah, and the part about how he was a "viper in a viper's nest" is quite true. He certainly wasn't a "good" man, but he was a man nonetheless. He did what he had to, and kept his country in one piece.

We can see now exactly what he was dealing with.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
From what I remember he ran a hid like a coward until we found him. I have seen the video of his death for some reason I remember him looking scared out of his mind.

Thanks for the info on the date he was executed thought, I did not know that, seems odd the Iraqi government chose that date. Then agian they all pretty much hated him

And you wouldn't do the same in his shoes? The point is that he faced his death like a man. Most people would be p*ssing themselves in fear, but he stood there and looked his killers in the eye before meeting his end with dignity.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To trade your life for you beliefs is the greatest thing a human can do.

You really have to ask....why Saddam?

It was never about a decade old invasion of Kuwait where his troops took a serious pounding.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

They're supposed to be revolting.

Not sure how they can be anything but revolting.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

but he stood there and looked his killers in the eye before meeting his end with dignity.

Yes, what a shame he couldn't have lived his life with a bit more dignity...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It cannot be argued that Saddam was not a ruthless man. He was.

It also should not be up for debate that he had to be who he was to keep as much order and peace in the region as possible. The capture and execution of Saddam was the worst thing that could have taken place, as he was able to do something even the US military cannot. He maintained control.

Yes, there were issues from time to time, but the ME was a much more stable region and the religious extremists were in check for the most part.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sorry.

Don't buy it. Will never buy it.

His crimes, and those of his sons, and his political party go beyond ruthless by a fair margin.

ETA: (phone rang) hit the send button before I was done...

The end (order) doesn't excuse the means used. It can't. Because that leads down a dark road.
edit on 6/18/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

and the religious extremists were in check for the most part.

You're talking about the USA...Right?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: introvert

Sorry.

Don't buy it. Will never buy it.

His crimes, and those of his sons, and his political party go beyond ruthless by a fair margin.

By what standard?

If we are talking about those sorts of crimes and actions in the Western-culture countries, I would completely agree. But we are talking about the Middle East. It's a completely different situation and to combat violence and extremism, Saddam fought with violence and extremes.

You can disagree, but I believe that much more violence would have occurred if Saddam was not known for being a no BS ruler.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: introvert

and the religious extremists were in check for the most part.

You're talking about the USA...Right?

In a way, yes. The US played a major role in not only spreading radical Islam for it's own end goal, but creating it's level of extremism itself.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I never bought the "spider hole" story.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiggerDogg

originally posted by: 772STi

And you wouldn't do the same in his shoes? The point is that he faced his death like a man. Most people would be p*ssing themselves in fear, but he stood there and looked his killers in the eye before meeting his end with dignity.

He was a psychopath. He's not going to demonstrate any sort of remorse.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He died about a year ago in France.

Old age.

And he was rich.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join