It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA spots 3-mile high pyramid on Ceres.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The mound/cone is intriguing because its unique in its location. Nothing else appears to stand as high or contains as much volume as it in that general area.

As for the bright spots. Those at this point, can really be anything. Its fun to speculate. Salt / Water / Ice... who knows. Its exciting and fun to share ideas.

It is interesting.

A celestial body this small will not have tectonic activity thus no mountain building or volcanic activity - so how was this mound formed?

Not saying it is a pyramid, would just like to know how such a gigantic feature forms on a relatively small celestial body with no tectonic activity.

edit on 21-6-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I think this area with all of the mined look and the mountain in the lower right are the most interesting.

techgenmag.com.../4/
edit on 21-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ok, I'm really confused here. I was doing some reading and digging yesterday. I came across some photos of Ceres from 2002 I believe. The clarity was not as good but you could still make out the "lights" and you could also see the "pyramid". I don't get how they just "found" it now?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: admirethedistance

Perhaps you'd care to point out the "pyramid" then?

Maybe you can see this as pyramids ? There seem to be some kind of symmetrical shape in this crater?

That a face in the PIC on the right? Lol

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation
Ok, I'm really confused here. I was doing some reading and digging yesterday. I came across some photos of Ceres from 2002 I believe. The clarity was not as good but you could still make out the "lights" and you could also see the "pyramid". I don't get how they just "found" it now?

Post it man!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: hawkeyenation

Post it man!

I know right?!?! Can't find the damn thing...god damn it, it must have been when I was in another dimension lol

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm looking thru browser history to see if I can find the exact article I was reading. I did just hop onto Wiki and found images from 2004 and you can see the lights.

en.wikipedia.org...(dwarf_planet)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Abpove must be the photo I'm thinking about because I didn't see anything else. It's from 2004. I'll keep digging though.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkeyenation

The Hubble Telescope could see the "lights" (as one big blurry spot), but it definitely couldn't see that mountain.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
a reply to: hawkeyenation

The Hubble Telescope could see the "lights" (as one big blurry spot), but it definitely couldn't see that mountain.

I'm thinking I confused it with another photo and was likely one of the recent ones.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I work at a mine site and have a lot of geologists at my disposal.
I showed a coworker who happens to be a geologist this picture and this is what he said:

"It looks a lot like a shatter cone, consisting of limestone "

So i googled it and found this image:

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:ShatterConeCharlevoix1.jpg

(Bottom pic on the left on that page)

Now who knows what it really is, but i think this is a pretty good guess.

Of course compared to the link i provided, the one OP has is on a MUCH larger scale

edit on 23-6-2015 by macenroe82 because: added

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It could very well be a pyramid or the remains of one. Not sure what conditions are on Ceres and if the "pyramid" could have been eroded over time to what we see now.

Personally, looks like a mound to me though. But that doesn't mean it wasn't an actual pyramid in the past.

Then again, if the source is NASA it's probably a lie anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topato
Then again, if the source is NASA it's probably a lie anyway.

Yeah, because they've been caught lying soooo many times in the past.
/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: macenroe82

You're probably right , it's just guessing what it really is, we're seeing on those pictures..

I only found it interesting to point it out . I've got the intension to see it from a earth perspective.. We can't really predict how aliens would build their buildings? But somehow some structures could be similar to ours if that was the case, because some forms are universal due to powerful and natural construction methods by mother nature ..

we here on earth build those , I can't see why alien life forms wouldn't also pick these kind of constructions?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I would much rather believe it was an alien pyramid myself.
Theres always jabber on Ancient Aliens that the aliens taught us how to build or assisted in our building of the pyramids.

Perhaps this is the OG pyramid from an alien outpost, millions of years ago that's weathered the storm.

Even if it is an impact site of a shatter cone, from the pictures we have seen there is no tell-tale crater line around the mountain.
Still a mystery until we can get closer

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

good observation...

perhaps a slow moving snowball so that an impact crater was not made...

...Although the object seems to be a towering mountain with unusually graded "sides" (like a pyramid), NASA itself would not speculate that the object was an artificial construct. Scientists described the object as a "mountain with steep slopes protruding from a relatively smooth area"...

www.examiner.com...
(this link is dated 24 june...
the OP link was posted 18 june...
so this article is the latest report from a closer orbit...)

without software to examine the 'smooth, steep sloped mountain' I do notice what appears to be 3 channels on the objects left slope (crevice's ?) which may infer an Ice Body of material...

still to be determined is if the 'mountain' grew taller & larger over time from geology in Ceres
or is just a plopped-down mass of material (stormcell's snowball)

edit on th30143523513325252015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

That looks more like a pyramid , with the angles, it's hard to say that there's wind erosion on a planet like that.?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
New picture: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Strange it is, but how much of that is due to focus?
I mean just look at the hillside and the features it have..

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

A lot of NASA's photos have been looking fake to me lately..

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

If you think that get some examples make a thread and lust your reasons.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join