It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Don't Need Booster Shot of Diphtheria, Tetanus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I thought the tetanus vaccine only contained inactivated tetanus toxin and sterile water. I am convinced that is the perception of nearly all physicians. It was disturbing to learn of the other ingredients that are in the tetanus toxoid vaccine: formaldehyde; sodium phosphate monobasic; sodium phophate dibasic, [an eye and skin irritant that may be harmful if ingested]; glycine, aluminum, and 25 ug. of thimerosal (mercury).

www.vaclib.org...

www.vaclib.org...

scary````

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh, lovely.

I had a tetanus booster shot on April 11, 1984, when I was 11 years old and needed stitches because some kid hit me in the head during a rock fight.

Fast-forward to January 2001. They told me I had to have one right before this one surgery I had on my ankle.

Maybe that's why I'm not right half the time....

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh, joy>
I just got a tetanus shot in September. I figured I do a lot of gardening and there's always nails, glass and thorns available to puncture my skin.
I didn't lnow I was getting all those lovely extra ingredients.

I heard recently about mercury in flu shots, and thought tetanus shots were different.
I also wondered why mercury was needed. Apparently, mercury is a preservative for the vaccine:

Further, these same agencies show definite bias when it comes to evaluating the risks associated with drugs. A good example is the fact that the agencies are constantly pushing for vaccinations and flu shots. For some reason, however, they neglect to tell the public that the preservative in these flu shots and vaccines is mercury

Practically all vaccines contain mercury and aluminum. And vaccines are not "safer" sources of these toxic minerals. It doesn't matter if the mercury comes from fish or from a vaccine. The potential for neurological damage remains the same. But for some reason, even though we're warned about fish consumption, vaccines and flu shots are strongly encouraged and, in many instances, even required by law. It shouldn't come as any surprise that more babies seem to be developing autism problems, and the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease is steadily increasing.

substance.altmedangel.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the very usefull information on these two types of shots. I was shocked to find they are full of crud that is highly toxic. If I can remember right, my last tetnus shot was in 2001 about 2wks. before my 4th back surg. Now knowing this, it will be quite a long while before I get another one. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Those aren't real reliable websites.

Try Quackwatch (which isn't trying to sell you anything):
www.quackwatch.org...

And here:
www.skepticreport.com...

Let me point out that people born between 1930 and 1970 probably had three times the number of shots that any of you had. I think if you look you'll find that those vaccines (which were probably less acceptable to this website) didn't cause all the disasters that the "anti vaccination" site said.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I had tetanus as a child and almost died, back then many people didn't survive that contracted it. It left me with Osteomylitis in my right foot, which is incurable...I'm always very careful to keep up to date on my shot and if I am badly bitten at work I get a booster. I would not go by web sites when dealing with ones health...talk to your physician!

new topics

top topics

join