It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pyramid - Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 978 (2015-05-07 23:22:33 UTC)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Firstly It looks as though it is pretty small.. to small for a pyramid. The angles also seen wrong. . And more importantly pyramids are made up of many many stones they are not carved from one piece of rock as this one is clearly a single piece..

Not saying it's anything more than a rock, but a pyramid is a shape. If it was a single piece of kello molded to the shape in question, it would be a pyramid

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

How do we know your picture is real? A search for your image came from this website:

www.lehighminerals.com.../home/lmineral/public_html/cgi-bin/auctions/dbase/archive/12302005.txt&fielda=53&fi eldb=52

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ffx6554

How do we know your picture is real? A search for your image came from this website:

www.lehighminerals.com.../home/lmineral/public_html/cgi-bin/auctions/dbase/archive/12302005.txt&fielda=53&fi eldb=52

Your joking right? Pyrite often forms cubes pyrite crystals if the conditions are right temperature and pressure create cubes. No help from anyone in fact the last one I saw was 4 cubes linked together it was for sale in a shop that sells crystals. So now you know why we know it's real.

Now I get why people see rocks and not realize they can form naturally. Nature is real good at making complicated shapes. For example sand when it blows over a rock can make a pyramid. Crystals of course can form pyramid especially salt crystals very common. There isn't a shape that we can claim is man made nature made them first.
edit on 6/20/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Where do we stand with pyramids on mars?

Nasa JPL Link to raw image

What do you all think? I wonder how big it is?

Has anyone already suggested that this is just the tip of the pyramid and that rest is underneath all that sand??

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance...

If there were an advanced species that lived on Mars some time ago wouldn't we find structures, artifacts, etc scattered around the place. Yeah, occasional threads pop up showing what looks to be an artifacts (or rocks) but I never see any pictures of something that definitely looks convincing.

For example, you have post-apocalyptic movies (yes I know movies) such as "I am Legend" that shows NY after everyone is gone. You still see buildings, cars, debris, etc strewn about. That's what confuses me. You don't see that on Mars at all.

Then again, they could just be showing us what we want to see but I'm sure something would have slipped out already. I think that they found something up there (don't know what) hence why they have that suspicious one-way mission they are planning. It almost sounds like they found something, want to send guinea pigs up there to see how they interact and take it from there.

This may be my imagination and again I ask that you forgive my ignorance. These are just my thoughts.
edit on 21-6-2015 by cd5love96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am going back to one of the posters earlier who was suggesting to identify difference between Earth and Mars rather than looking just for evidence on Mars.

In 1883 a small town called Bagdad was founded in the middle of the Mojave Desert during the railway rush. At its peak there were almost 5k citizen and the town had a shell station, a cinema, etc. It was a famous stop along Route 66 and even had a small airfield that provided service to Los Angeles. Here are some pictures:

It was abandoned in 1956 after Interstate 40 was built and the last buildings where razed in the early 90s. This is how it looks today:

Not one trace of the town. If you don't know about it, you would never had thought that there was a large town not even 25 years ago. Wind & Weather in the Desert destroy things very very quickly.

Now my point is that if in less then 25 years the remains of a large town can completely vanish, how can we assume that we will find anything on Mars if it's a million years old?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

If you don't mind me asking, where did that photo come from?

It definitely stoked my curiosity and I'd like to look it up myself.

Flatfish

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Where do we stand with pyramids on mars?

Nasa JPL Link to raw image

What do you all think? I wonder how big it is?

Nice catch. Definitely not natural.........though it certainly wouldn't be the first time something unnatural was caught on Mar.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

NASA has said it is about the size of a car.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peterofpta

Although I have no idea if this picture shows a natural formation, or something that was built, the question I have is this; Will the folks at JPL send the rover over there to investigate further?

It seems to me that if the photo is real, it should really get the attention of any geologist in the program.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Please PROVE a natural rock can't look like that, it's a case of put up or shut up !

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ffx6554

In the OP, you'll see the link to the raw image. The link is Nasa JPL. The link you provided takes me to a white page that says "Item View". ??

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There are amazing and comp[letely natural shapes thrown up by nature here on Earth...but on Mars, we're talking about a strikingly regular shaped block of stone, appearing of a similar type to the surrounding stones, but the surrounding stones are all battered to hell and back, whereas this one looks like it has been dressed.

Not saying it isn't natural, just very, very odd considering the other beaten up and battered stones laying all around it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

You've made a great point!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For anyone interested, I saw the image posted to a public Facebook group I will link below in case you want to join.

I then found the original image on the Nasa website and provided the link to the original. It was easy to do since they (FB group) provide a source on each image they share on their page.

Here's the facebook group. It's kinda fun to have in your newsfeed! Much better than all the Earth doom!

Facebook Mars pic group

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Is this worthy of news? A rock .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think that if the pyramid was manufactured why would they make it so small and in a place with a bunch of other shaped stone. In my opinion if it was manufactured they would have made it bigger in a better location

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

If it isn't a phony photo then I would say that is a short pyramid if I ever saw one. What is that, a foot tall?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurfinUSA
If it isn't a phony photo then I would say that is a short pyramid if I ever saw one. What is that, a foot tall?

Martians were apparently very tiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join