It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina on Trump: Don't Underestimate Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not the IRS's number one fan by any means, but if we did get rid of them, how would we keep track of taxes?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I am not the IRS's number one fan by any means, but if we did get rid of them, how would we keep track of taxes?

We could put an honest citizen lock box at City Hall.

With the amount we spend on the IRS....We would come out ahead.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Good question...and, while I am only a humble taxpayer and not an expert on tax law, there are currently proposals out there. Pros and cons naturally exist with all of them.
Rand Paul has proposed a 'FLAT TAX'

A flat tax is a tax system, which refers to a tax on household income, taxes at a uniform rate, regardless of income level. The United States implements a progressive tax system, meaning that high-income earners pay taxes at a higher rate than low-income earners. Although many advocate for a flat tax in the U.S., the system remains progressive.

Implementing a flat tax system could dismantle the IRS. Many view the IRS as an imposing, intimidating arm of government; however, this institution employs numerous people who were trained to work in the tax industry. IRS employees would most likely lose their jobs under a flat tax system.

smallbusiness.chron.com...

Another proposal may be the 'FAIR TAX'.

The FairTax is a proposal to reform the federal tax code of the United States. It would replace all federal income taxes (including the alternative minimum tax, corporate income taxes, and capital gains taxes), payroll taxes (including Social Security and Medicare taxes), gift taxes, and estate taxes with a single broad national consumption tax on retail sales. The Fair Tax Act (H.R. 25/S. 155) would apply a tax, once, at the point of purchase on all new goods and services for personal consumption.

en.wikipedia.org...

Both are alternatives which would reduce significantly the role and reach of the IRS...a bloated and inefficiently run agency (some have called 'Rogue') which most Americans would admit is desperately in need of reformation and or reduction.

Which, if any does Trump champion? He currently remains light on specifics details...and heavy on bluster and bravado.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And who would collect those taxes in either system?

Point is seems we will need either the IRS or a similar agency so abolishing won't work.

We can agree on making it less bloated though.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

or you could just vote for Rand Paul who actually knows what hes doing and has proven by his record that he will always do what he can to adhere to the constitution

Instead of backing this guy, who really has no idea how policy actually works......

I mean come on "Ill build a fence and send mexico the bill! RAH RAH RAH" lol thats cute, why the hell would mexico pay it?

Its all rhetoric this guy has no idea how to get things done....

Not to mention look how many times hes been bankrupt, look at his business dealings, you cant tell me a guy who has made his millions in NY city being as rich as he is, with his clout in NY isnt corrupt to his core
edit on 6/18/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It's time to break out the water hose and jump back in the Mud Pit.

We make not like who the ideas are coming from. But, he has some good ideas.

1) Bring back our jobs from countries like China, Mexico, Japan.

2) Restore America's standing in the World.

3) Quit giving our money to people that hate us.

4) Get rid of the millions of worthless government workers.

I agree with the four things right there. Nobody else is saying it.

But, the biggest bonus of all is watching all the blowhards squirm when Trump entered.

I know he not going to be President. I am not delusional.

I just don't think we should dismiss the Donald that easily.

I see a Ross Perot scenario. How did that work out for the Republican's ?

Ok, the four (as in number of bankruptcies) ideas that I listed above. What do you think ?

Newsmax.com

*unable to copy text. Read article above

If it ended up being between Bush and Trump, that vote would be so easy...I'll take Ross Trump in a heartbeat...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: whyamIhere

or you could just vote for Rand Paul who actually knows what hes doing and has proven by his record that he will always do what he can to adhere to the constitution

Instead of backing this guy, who really has no idea how policy actually works......

I mean come on "Ill build a fence and send mexico the bill! RAH RAH RAH" lol thats cute, why the hell would mexico pay it?

Its all rhetoric this guy has no idea how to get things done....

Not to mention look how many times hes been bankrupt, look at his business dealings, you cant tell me a guy who has made his millions in NY city being as rich as he is, with his clout in NY isnt corrupt to his core

I love Rand Paul...

But, I think Trump has some good ideas.

And, I think somebody needs to shake up the old tired status quo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join