It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

The fact is you don't know, the fact is unless you are Gay you don't know, so let us Gays speak for ourselves.

Sexuality is something you are born with, it's not a hobby you pick up like skydiving.. your facts are illogical and ignorant...you are saying we are not born this way, yet basically describe being born a Bisexual

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

The fact is you don't know, the fact is unless you are Gay you don't know, so let us Gays speak for ourselves.

Sexuality is something you are born with, it's not a hobby you pick up like skydiving.. your facts are illogical and ignorant...you are saying we are not born this way, yet basically describe being born a Bisexual

Snap out of it bro. No one is born knowing what sex is. The act of sex is something you have to learn, you don't come out the womb with the urge to have sex with another baby. If you believe that, then I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you believe you are not born with your sexuality than i'm sorry for you, i'm also sorry all you can focus on is Gay sex.. from your argument

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Snap out of it bro. No one is born knowing what sex is. The act of sex is something you have to learn, you don't come out the womb with the urge to have sex with another baby. If you believe that, then I feel sorry for you.

Oh good lord, no one is saying babies want to have sex with each other. You are pre-programmed with a sexual orientation (whether you are attracted to males or females). This sexual orientation kicks in about the time of puberty. It is not something you learn or choose.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you believe you are not born with your sexuality than i'm sorry for you, i'm also sorry all you can focus on is Gay sex.. from your argument

OMG, seriously! You do know what sexuality is don't you? Here, let me define it for you.

Sexuality: : the sexual habits and desires of a person
: the quality or state of being sexual:
a : the condition of having sex
b : sexual activity
c : expression of sexual receptivity or interest especially when excessive

Are you trying to convince me that babys are born sexually active? You are born with sexual parts, but you won't know what to do with them until someone teaches you. I don't see how that is so hard to understand. Sexual behavior is a choice.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh good lord, no one is saying babies want to have sex with each other. You are pre-programmed with a sexual orientation (whether you are attracted to males or females). This sexual orientation kicks in about the time of puberty. It is not something you learn or choose.

I agree with you on that, and you see the time frame that it takes for it to kick in. It doesn't happen at birth, that was my only point.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sigmund Freud disagrees with you. Sex is not learned, it's an instinct. No one has to teach an infant to suck. Sex and eating are inseparable, according to Freud.

When my step son was a toddler, he used to like to run around with nothing on but a make shift cape and an empty paper towel tube for a sword. That little superhero would jump on his older sister and try to mount her, sexually! Instinct!

edit on 19-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That little superhero would jump on his older sister and try to mount her, sexually! Instinct!

Well at least he got it right, lol.
edit on 19-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If being gay is a choice and you only turn gay when you are taught to have sex, then why are Christians who were taught hetero sex is the only acceptable way still gay? Your entire argument is based in ignorance, presuppositions, and assumptions that you have no idea about.

If gayness is taught then Christians would never be gay... yet they are.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If being gay is a choice and you only turn gay when you are taught to have sex, then why are Christians who were taught hetero sex is the only acceptable way still gay? Your entire argument is based in ignorance, presuppositions, and assumptions that you have no idea about.

If gayness is taught then Christians would never be gay... yet they are.

Don't be silly. Anyone can chose to be what they want regardless of how they were taught. I was raised to know that drinking alcohol is bad for your health, but I chose to drink anyway. It's called free will.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So the Christians who are ashamed of their sexuality chose to be that way even though they "know" it is wrong and were taught that it is wrong? Your argument folds underneath itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So the Christians who are ashamed of their sexuality chose to be that way even though they "know" it is wrong and were taught that it is wrong? Your argument folds underneath itself.

Yep. Just like people who go out and rob banks or rape women, or run a red light. They know it's wrong, but they chose to did it anyway. It's your argument that is folding underneath itself. Some things are common sense you know.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm talking about those Christians that don't practice homosexual sex but still have the urges. Why, if they were taught it was wrong (since gayness is "learned" according to you), do they grow up with the urges and have to resist those urges in an attempt to not practice what they know is wrong? If they made the choice to be gay then why can't they choose to be straight when they know it is wrong to have those feelings?

There are Christians that have never had sex with another man or anything for shame of being ridiculed and punished by God, yet they still have the urges knowing full well they are wrong. They have those urges "knowing" that it was a choice they made despite the way they were raised in being taught that it was against God.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. If gayness is learned through the discovery of sex, then why do celibate gay Christians who were taught it was wrong still have those urges if they chose to be gay?

You can't answer the question because your premise makes no sense.
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You see, because it says in their book that it is a abomination to God, it must be correct...

Yet of course you don't see many Christians murdering their children for cursing their parents...

They pick the old laws they like simply to hide their bigotry and reject the inconvenient ones...

But God knows what's in their hearts

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm talking about those Christians that don't practice homosexual sex but still have the urges. Why, if they were taught it was wrong (since gayness is "learned" according to you), do they grow up with the urges and have to resist those urges in an attempt to not practice what they know is wrong? If they made the choice to be gay then why can't they choose to be straight when they know it is wrong to have those feelings?

There are Christians that have never had sex with another man or anything for shame of being ridiculed and punished by God, yet they still have the urges knowing full well they are wrong. They have those urges "knowing" that it was a choice they made despite the way they were raised in being taught that it was against God.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. If gayness is learned through the discovery of sex, then why do celibate gay Christians who were taught it was wrong still have those urges if they chose to be gay?

Your funny. Clearly you still don't get it. There is nothing wrong with having an urge to do something, now if you act upon that urge then that is a different matter. If a christian who "was" gay chooses to be celibate then good for them. But there is no such thing as a celibate gay christian who has never had sex with someone of the same gender. Again, you can't be considered a homosexual if you have never had sex with the same gender.

Your argument is highly flawed and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Again, you can't be considered a homosexual if you have never had sex with the same gender.

So, if you are an adult who is a virgin, are you a heterosexual or a homosexual?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yep. Just like people who go out and rob banks or rape women, or run a red light. They know it's wrong, but they chose to did it anyway. It's your argument that is folding underneath itself. Some things are common sense you know.

Your equating being gay with being a criminal, wtf is wrong with you? What makes you think gay people think what they are is wrong? You are wrong on so many levels, It sounds like you want the Christian version of Sharia Law.
If you agree that forcing Muslim religious law onto non-Muslims is wrong, then you must also believe that forcing your brand of Christian law onto non-Christians is also wrong!
Even if we assume that your god has decreed that homosexuals cannot marry, or is wrong, why should I care? Why should your religious law affect me, a nonbeliever? Why should the law incorporate your religious beliefs? It shouldn't.. Just stop with the sex policing and mind your own business!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Matthew 5
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

According to the bible, having an urge (or lust) toward someone is to commit a sin. No action is required for it to be seen as a sin in God's eyes.

You're honestly just making crap up at this point. "There's no such thing as a gay celibate Christian", you've got to be kidding me. That's almost as bad as someone saying all gay couples are unhappy earlier. Total hogwash and you know it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You realise you're so called argument backs what he just said... right?

Why would a straight man have an "urge" to be with another man?

Im 36 years old and not once in my life have I had such an urge... Yet I have a few gay friends, and I've asked them if they ever wanted to be with a woman, and they say the same thing... not once

You have no argument... and such rational could only come from an Abrahamic belief system

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Again, you can't be considered a homosexual if you have never had sex with the same gender.

So, if you are an adult who is a virgin, are you a heterosexual or a homosexual?

That would depend on which sex you are attracted to. But just because think someone is cute does not mean that you are homosexual or even straight for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join