It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

You're comparing the homosexual victim to the racist aggressors here. That's seems a bit backwards to me. Shouldn't you be comparing the homosexual victim with the racism victim?

Let's flip that around on you. Some people think homophobia is ok, but does that make it right? Of course not. Some people think being black is ok, but does that make it right? Of course not.

See the problem here?
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

But your argument lacks logic... that we can't be born Gay because we haven't had sex yet.. what makes us attracted towards the same sex? according to you nothing.. you just decide to have same sex and thus selected to be gay.. so at any point you could just "Be Gay"?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But would you support what those people who were bullying him were saying though? That's what you're doing for those who spout homophobic slurs at gay people, in fact you seem to be one of those people.

Why would I support something that I'm against, that doesn't even make sense. If I saw a homosexual getting bullied of course I would step in. I'll be honest that I might let him take a few licks before I do, but I won't just stand there and watch him get punked. I don't bully people and you haven't seen me make one post that would be considered bulling someone on here because they are gay. I'm simply stating my thoughts on the matter. I'm pretty sure if the mods thought that I was bulling someone they would have let it be known.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You would let him take a few licks? LOL, you've got to be kidding me. I'm pretty sure that you're trolling now that I saw that. No way someone with any kind of integrity would say something like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

See the problem here?

No I don't. It's a fair example, or did you miss the fact that it was example.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I would step in. I'll be honest that I might let him take a few licks before I do,

Internet doesn't always convey emotions.. but that literally made me close my eyes in sadness... i'm sorry you feel that way.. i want you to know that i would never let that happen to anyone even if they thought of me as you

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

But your argument lacks logic... that we can't be born Gay because we haven't had sex yet.. what makes us attracted towards the same sex? according to you nothing.. you just decide to have same sex and thus selected to be gay.. so at any point you could just "Be Gay"?

Yep. Straight people turn gay all the time. It's their choice.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It wasn't a fair example at all, someone thinking that being black isn't ok is far from being fair. Fair means a sense of equality, hating another race is not equality.

You have to be trolling at this point, there's no way you aren't. If not then I truly do feel sorry for you, sorry that you were never given a chance to think any differently.
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I would step in. I'll be honest that I might let him take a few licks before I do,

Internet doesn't always convey emotions.. but that literally made me close my eyes in sadness... i'm sorry you feel that way.. i want you to know that i would never let that happen to anyone even if they thought of me as you

I would do the same to my own brother. If was picking on someone for no reason and it led to a fight and he started getting his butt kicked, I'd let him take a few licks as well. He should not have started it in the first place.

I was simply saying, that I don't stand for bulling either and no one should have to go through that. Like I said, I don't hate people for who they are, you are what you want to be, nothing more, nothing less. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with choices some people make.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It wasn't a fair example at all, someone thinking that being black isn't ok is far from being fair. Fair means a sense of equality, hating another race is not equality.

You have to be trolling at this point, there's no way you aren't. If not then I truly do feel sorry for you, sorry that you were never given a chance to think any differently.

Dang dude, it was an example. It was'nt meant to be either right or wrong on either side. Clearly you don't see that.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

LOL! If your brother started the fight you'd let him get a few licks? Who said the gay guy started anything?

I hope you aren't being serious. It honestly seems like you're saying dumb stuff just to get a reaction.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

LOL! If your brother started the fight you'd let him get a few licks? Who said the gay guy started anything?

I hope you aren't being serious. It honestly seems like you're saying dumb stuff just to get a reaction.

So in other words everything I say is dumb, but everything you say makes perfect sense, lol. You don't have to respond to my dumb commits you know. I'm still posting because people are reply to my post. If I have no more to say then I will stop replying like I'm bout to do now.

It's been fun though. And just for the record, I respect everyone's opinion regardless if I agree with them or not. If I'm a bad person because I don't agree with something ol well. Anyways, I'm out. Let's see what else is going on around here.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I apologize, I shouldn't have said that.

But you went from just a gay guy getting beat up on to somehow the gay guy starting the fight. When you said you'd let him get a few licks you said nothing about how the fight started and made no notion as to him starting it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Gay marriage should'nt even be an issue for debate, i cant understand why the petty minded fanatics of religion get so worked up at the prospect of two people of the same gender who feel the need to declare their love in marriage. If this gives gay people happiness then i think that is what god would allow. If two gay people love each other how can it be a sin, surely love can never be a sinfull thing can it? Or are some folk trying to say gay people dont feel love! Live your life the way you want to live, and allow others to do the same.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So many different Countries are Legalizing(it should have always been legal) Same-Sex Marriages.. while you can get married in some states in the US, not all states recognize it.. the US is behind Human and Civil rights.

Other countries are not failing, i believe they still have their "Morality" no one is getting married to animals, or children...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You think the US Supreme Court is the final say in all things moral? That's laughable. You don't know history obviously.

Maybe take a look at the Dred Scott decision, or Plessey v. Ferguson. Yep, they were sure right on those.

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
"No one is getting married to animals or children."

Not yet.

Any argument you could make, for someone of the same sex to, so called, be "married"...I could make for my black lab.

We've been together 12 years, I love him dearly. His name is Gunther.

a reply to: Darth_Prime

edit on 20-6-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Consent....

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

We'll just worry about that when it happens, mmmkay? In the meantime, lets give all our gay citizens the same protections under the laws that all other citizens have, which includes being able to marry the consenting adult of their choice and get a marriage license from the state with all the benefits attached.
edit on 20-6-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Any argument you could make, for someone of the same sex to, so called, be "married"...I could make for my black lab.

Is your black lab 1) consenting, 2) adult, 3) a human being and 4) a US citizen with the guarantee of equal rights under our Constitution? There are 4 arguments that show your above statement to be false.

Look, I admit... dogs are wonderful creatures and I understand your attraction. Well, at least partially, as I adore my dog, but I don't have the desire to... you know... "get with" him. That's your business, though. But unless he meets the criteria listed above, your argument is, well, pretty stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join