It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You don't hate Homosexuals, you hate their lifestyle.. but you don't believe a Homosexual can be a homosexual unless they have sex, thus their lifestyle.. so you hate homosexuals?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

You say you don't care who sleeps with who but your posts in this thread clearly show otherwise.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
There have been many people who have been so ashamed of being gay that they commit suicide...

that doesn't sound like a choice to me... Its social brainwashing

No one should feel guilty about what they are... especially if that feeling of guilt was produced by a book from ancient times

How is committing suicide not a choice? Seriously. If someone is ashamed or feels guilty about who they are then that is a personal problem, it has nothing to do with brainwashing. Maybe they should juice up their self esteem and they wouldn't have to worry about it. I'll admit that I might be a little strange, but just because someone calls me that doesn't mean I need to jump ship.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Just as being gay hasn't been proven to be a choice. You can't have it both ways.

All evidence points toward homosexuality not being a choice but being how someone is born. Those toddlers who have no notion of sexual intercourse or homosexuality yet are feminine in their traits are pretty much proof it is not a choice.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You say you don't care who sleeps with who but your posts in this thread clearly show otherwise.

I don't care. But this is a fun topic, so why not post what I think.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The only reason they are ashamed of themselves is because of people like you telling them they are unnatural and sick in the head. How would you feel if someone said one of your traits was sick in the head and it was a social stigma across pretty much the entire world? I don't think you'd be all rainbows and sunshine either.

Luckily a lot of gay people accept who they are and ignore haters such as yourself. You try to bring them down but they don't let you.

GOOD ON THEM FOR BEING THEMSELVES AND NOT BEING ASHAMED!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Just as being gay hasn't been proven to be a choice. You can't have it both ways.

All evidence points toward homosexuality not being a choice but being how someone is born. Those toddlers who have no notion of sexual intercourse or homosexuality yet are feminine in their traits are pretty much proof it is not a choice.

Jesus bro. Being feminine does not mean that someone is gay. Where did you get that from? There is no evidence. The gay community feels they were born that way. So because that's what they think we are suppose to take as fact. If thoughts are facts then we are all in trouble.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Maybe you will never have to understand, and hopefully your kids and family members never have to understand.. but we walk through life with people telling us we are Defects, mental illness, abominations.. unhealthy..disgusting, wrong, second class sub-humans.. and the list goes on.. on top of physical abuse some of us face..

i don't want to write my personal story down because i know you really don't care.. but for the sake of conversation, i went through 18 years of physical and mental abuse from my "Parents" when i was 18 i was forcefully kicked out and left on the streets for almost two years... during that time i was abused, jumped.. broken ribs and bones, concussions humiliated etc..

i survived... but many don't.. and i almost didn't multiple times... i understand that suicide may be a choice, but we get pushed to the edge, the edge of nothingness by people

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I would say they know themselves better than anyone else.

Why assume people are lying about themselves? I tend to trust people before I try to paint them as liars, especially if they seem to be nice people with integrity and love in their hearts.

link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Akragon
There have been many people who have been so ashamed of being gay that they commit suicide...

that doesn't sound like a choice to me... Its social brainwashing

No one should feel guilty about what they are... especially if that feeling of guilt was produced by a book from ancient times

How is committing suicide not a choice? Seriously. If someone is ashamed or feels guilty about who they are then that is a personal problem, it has nothing to do with brainwashing. Maybe they should juice up their self esteem and they wouldn't have to worry about it. I'll admit that I might be a little strange, but just because someone calls me that doesn't mean I need to jump ship.

Wow...

Where do you think the source of that guilt came from?

And do you believe IF being gay wasn't an abomination to God according to your book... said people would have still killed themselves?

And where exactly do you think YOU got your opinion of homosexuality from?

Were you born with it?

link   

The only reason they are ashamed of themselves is because of people like you telling them they are unnatural and sick in the head. How would you feel if someone said one of your traits was sick in the head and it was a social stigma across pretty much the entire world? I don't think you'd be all rainbows and sunshine either.

Luckily a lot of gay people accept who they are and ignore haters such as yourself. You try to bring them down but they don't let you.

Like I said, if they are ashamed then they need to get some self esteem so they can fight it off. I'm African American, you know how many names we've called over the years. Yet you don't see any killing themselves behind it.
edit on 19-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Gay people are exposed to anti-gay rhetoric their entire lives before they ever even know they're gay, so that stigma and shame is already there when they finally figure it out. They hear all these people saying how it's wrong to be gay, how it's sick, disgusting, blasphemous, etc. so they are ashamed of themselves for being that way.

Do you really think that in today's society that black people are looked down upon as much as gay people? Are you saying that a black person has never killed themselves because of ridicule from other people of other races?

Say a black guy kills himself because he was being bullied and picked on for being black. Would you be so quick to call that guy weak and that he should have just "gotten over it"? I would hope you'd be a little more sympathetic to him and what he went through.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What's interesting is that eunuch literally means "guardsman of the bedchamber/harem",

Big subject. I haven't even thought about that aspect. I'll have to get back to that. I've got nothing at the moment.

link   

I'm African American, you know how many names we've called over the years. Yet you don't see any killing themselves behind it.

where are you from... the moon?

Seriously... do you live under a rock?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Like I said, if they are ashamed then they need to get some self esteem so they can fight it off. I'm African American, you know how many names we've called over the years. Yet you don't see any killing themselves behind it.

Yes. And is it socially acceptable to call a black person racist names or tell them they are not natural or that their lifestyle is "wrong" just because they are black?

No. When that happens, it is universally understood as ignorant and stupid. Yet... you don't see the difference?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You should know and understand what it means to be looked down upon because of something you were born with?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Gay people are exposed to anti-gay rhetoric their entire lives before they ever even know they're gay, so that stigma and shame is already there when they finally figure it out. They hear all these people saying how it's wrong to be gay, how it's sick, disgusting, blasphemous, etc. so they are ashamed of themselves for being that way.

Do you really think that in today's society that black people are looked down upon as much as gay people? Are you saying that a black person has never killed themselves because of ridicule from other people of other races?

Say a black guy kills himself because he was being bullied and picked on for being black. Would you be so quick to call that guy weak and that he should have just "gotten over it"? I would hope you'd be a little more sympathetic to him and what he went through.

obviously if kills himself there would be no way for me to help him. But if I see someone struggling then it's my duty to try and help lift there spirits. If they don't listen and decide to kill themselves anyway, then yeah, I would say that person just wasn't strong enough to handle a little criticism.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I may make a thread on it here soon so we don't go off-topic in this one. It is an interesting slant though.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You should know and understand what it means to be looked down upon because of something you were born with?

I do understand, but I don't let it effect me. Some people really feel that racism is ok and you can't tell them anything different, does that make it right? Of course not. Some people really feel they were born gay, does that make it right? Of course not.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

But would you support what those people who were bullying him were saying though? That's what you're doing for those who spout homophobic slurs at gay people, in fact you seem to be one of those people.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join