It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Someone who was born a eunuch could never go to the temple or get into heaven because they would be missing a vital part... refer to deut 23:1

Given the context, yeah, something about not being in the multiplying ranks.

Isaiah 56:1Thus says Yahweh, "Keep justice, and do righteousness; for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who holds it fast; who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil."

3Neither let the foreigner, who has joined himself to Yahweh, speak, saying, "Yahweh will surely separate me from his people;" neither let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."

4For thus says Yahweh, "To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and hold fast my covenant:

5to them I will give in my house and within my walls a memorial and a name better than of sons and of daughters; I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the foreigners who join themselves to Yahweh, to minister to him, and to love the name of Yahweh, to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and holds fast my covenant;

7even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."

Those not bearing children.

Nice enticement to join the old covenant. Notice the foreigners are still servant class, according to the Law that says if you peacefully surrender your city to the "chosen ones" you can live as wood gatherers for the religion.

Maybe the thread should also ask the question: Should barren people be allowed to marry? Should fertility tests be required by law before marriage license can be issued?
edit on 19-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

A baby cannot express itself effectively enough to give away its tendencies

Finally! My point exactly, that is the reason why no one has ever been born gay. A 5 or 6 year can pick things up real quickly. For some all they need to do is see or hear something 1 time in order to catch on. My kids who are 5 and 3 have walked in on me and my girl a few times, I'm sure there have a few times when they just stood their watching without us even knowing they were there, sneaking little bastards I tell ya.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Your point still hasn't been made. Toddlers have no idea what homosexuality is and have no sexual urges, yet they show effeminate qualities when they later turn out to be gay. Did they "choose" to be gay even though they had no sexual desire for boys or girls at an early age? If not then why do the effeminate ones almost always turn out to be gay? What made them girly if they had no sexual desires?

If they "chose" to be girly because they were taught to be girly then why did I turn out straight but my brother gay? We both had the same exact upbringing.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Exactly!!

Someone applaud this man! LOL

My friend tried his damnedest to "make" his son straight... got him into boxing, baseball and every male oriented activity he could think of... but it didn't change the feminine in him at all.

He knew his son was gay from a very early age... and there wasn't a thing he could do about it

but he certainly tried his hardest

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So you're saying that you would never put the title of heterosexual to someone who is attracted to the opposite gender but hasn't had sex yet. Why not?

How could I if I don't know what their sexual behavior is. That would be stereotyping.

I think you are very confused and you have lost track of your various statements.

Let me help you. If someone says they are attracted to the same gender, then they are homosexual, regardless of whether or not they have had sex with anyone. Even if they have had sex with the opposite gender. If someone says they are attracted to the opposite gender, then they are heterosexual, regardless of whether or not they have had sex with anyone. Obviously if someone has not said anything about any attraction to either gender, then it may not be clear what their sexual orientation is.

It's the attraction not the behavior that makes someone heterosexual or homosexual. That attraction is hard-wired from birth. It explains why 99% of gay people grow up around heterosexuals, yet are gay. Even when they weren't around anyone else who was gay. So they didn't learn it from anyone. Same thing with children raised by gay parents - 99% of them end up being heterosexual anyway.

It's all in the hard wiring bro.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

What's interesting is that eunuch literally means "guardsman of the bedchamber/harem", a harem is a Muslim room reserved for women only, it is the bedchamber, basically it is a strictly feminine room.

You know how Earth is sometimes called "Mother"? That is because it is the feminine aspect of existence, it is the womb of creation. It is the "harem" or "bedchamber", a eunuch is the one who guards the harem/bedchamber.

Do homosexuals have kids? The vast majority do not (unless they adopt). Them not procreating is them "guarding" the harem/bedchamber (Earth) from someone entering it. When someone "enters" the bedchamber they are born.

Those who do not procreate are guarding the bedchamber, they are eunuchs or "homosexual" from birth. They are that way for the sake of the kingdom as Jesus says. So it seems to me that Jesus was not demonizing homosexuality but embracing it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Finally! My point exactly, that is the reason why no one has ever been born gay. A 5 or 6 year can pick things up real quickly. For some all they need to do is see or hear something 1 time in order to catch on. My kids who are 5 and 3 have walked in on me and my girl a few times, I'm sure there have a few times when they just stood their watching without us even knowing they were there, sneaking little bastards I tell ya.

Nobody is that dense. You know what people mean when they say you are either born gay or straight. It doesn't mean you pop out of the womb desiring sex with a particular gender, it just means it's been decided.

A tall person is born tall. It doesn't mean they are tall when they are born; it means their height was predetermined at birth by genetics.

Saying that a person can't be born with a sexual orientation because babies aren't sexual is silly. You can't possibly believe that's what people mean when they say that.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Nobody is that dense.

Dude... there are people that believe the earth is flat...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Your point still hasn't been made. Toddlers have no idea what homosexuality is and have no sexual urges, yet they show effeminate qualities when they later turn out to be gay. Did they "choose" to be gay even though they had no sexual desire for boys or girls at an early age? If not then why do the effeminate ones almost always turn out to be gay? What made them girly if they had no sexual desires?

If they "chose" to be girly because they were taught to be girly then why did I turn out straight but my brother gay? We both had the same exact upbringing.

My point has been made. Someone was trying to convince that they were born gay, all I was trying to say is that is impossible. I don't know why you guys turned out different. But I will say that he did chose to stay that way. He could have gone the other direction. Did your parents sit him down and tell him how things are suppose to be? If not, then who's fault is that. If they did tell him and he chose to ignore it, then yes, he did chose to be gay.

If I told you not to go into the river because there's peronnas and you might get eaten, but you jump in anyway and get tore up, who made that choice? You or me? It was your choice not mine.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

My point has been made. Someone was trying to convince that they were born gay, all I was trying to say is that is impossible. I don't know why you guys turned out different. But I will say that he did chose to stay that way. He could have gone the other direction. Did your parents sit him down and tell him how things are suppose to be? If not, then who's fault is that. If they did tell him and he chose to ignore it, then yes, he did chose to be gay.

If I told you not to go into the river because there's peronnas and you might get eaten, but you jump in anyway and get tore up, who made that choice? You or me? It was your choice not mine.

"Peronnas" (whatever those are) sound dangerous so that makes sense. However, it has nothing to do with being gay. If I had a gay kid, why would I tell him or her that it's wrong? What's dangerous about it in the way that "peronnas" are dangerous?

The only dangers to being gay are posed by those who hate gay people.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Nobody is that dense. You know what people mean when they say you are either born gay or straight. It doesn't mean you pop out of the womb desiring sex with a particular gender, it just means it's been decided.

A tall person is born tall. It doesn't mean they are tall when they are born; it means their height was predetermined at birth by genetics.

Saying that a person can't be born with a sexual orientation because babies aren't sexual is silly. You can't possibly believe that's what people mean when they say that.

Then they shouldn't say it then, it's misleading. Of course that doesn't stop them from making the claim.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No, your point has not been made. A feminine male toddler did not choose to be girly, that's just the way his genetics dictated him to be. A toddler does not choose to be feminine, yet that is the biggest early indicator of whether they're gay or not.

There's a theory that too much estrogen being exposed to a baby in the womb is what causes them to be gay.

There is a scientific explanation for homosexuality, science explains the natural order of things, so we can deduce that homosexuality is natural as well if science can explain it. All that is left is to pinpoint what exactly causes it. I think the estrogen theory is the most likely.
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Who you are attracted to is not a choice!! You did not "choose" to be attracted to women. Yes you could choose not to have sex with women, but that won't change your attraction to them - and you would be awfully frustrated and lonely after a while without them.

Ugh. I give up. No hope of getting through.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There have been many people who have been so ashamed of being gay that they commit suicide...

that doesn't sound like a choice to me... Its social brainwashing

No one should feel guilty about what they are... especially if that feeling of guilt was produced by a book from ancient times

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Peronnas" (whatever those are) sound dangerous so that makes sense. However, it has nothing to do with being gay. If I had a gay kid, why would I tell him or her that it's wrong? What's dangerous about it in the way that "peronnas" are dangerous?

I don't hate gay people. I hate the lifestyle. It's unnatural in regards to humans. Personally I think it puts a bad stain on humanity, but that's just me. I honestly don't care who sleeps with who, but what I don't like is that this behavior is being passed around as ok. Because regardless of who or what created us, clearly they did not have that in mind, otherwise there would be no need to create two different sex types.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Then they shouldn't say it then, it's misleading. Of course that doesn't stop them from making the claim.

It's only misleading to you. Everybody else knows that being "born gay" or "born straight" doesn't mean an infant is sexually active. Now I know you're just trolling.

If you are not just trolling us, you are the only person I've ever known to be confused by that phrasing.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I guess this is needed here...

Never thought i'd make one of these threads

lets get educated shall we?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To add to my eunuch post above, eunuch sounds a lot like unique. Unique means "only, single, sole". Eunuchs (homosexuals) are attracted to the same sex and when they are together there is "only" a "single" or "sole" sex in the relationship, that of male/male or female/female.

This probably doesn't mean anything but I'm under the impression that all words are connected to one another and much can be learned by the etymology of words. Kind of how "prophets" have helped the church to "profit" off of people's ignorance. Prophet is someone is tells of something in "advance" while profit means to "advance" someones gains.

I'm under the impression that when Jesus said some were born eunuchs/unique, he meant homosexual.

Sorry for going off topic, stuff like this fascinates me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don't hate gay people. I hate the lifestyle. It's unnatural in regards to humans. Personally I think it puts a bad stain on humanity, but that's just me. I honestly don't care who sleeps with who, but what I don't like is that this behavior is being passed around as ok. Because regardless of who or what created us, clearly they did not have that in mind, otherwise there would be no need to create two different sex types.

Why don't you start a campaign that shames infertile people, priests, paraplegics, or any other person unlikely to reproduce?

You can lead the fight against abnormality! "If you ain't normal, you ain't natural!" can be your slogan and you can shout it until people lose their good sense and start to believe you. Then maybe people will get their fertility back, gays will become straight, and the impotent will be cured! It will be like a Christmas miracle of boring redundant gender-hetero-normalcy.

Is that how you view "natural"? Because to me, nature is as nature does. Nature is not as backwards people dictate.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No, your point has not been made. A feminine male toddler did not choose to be girly, that's just the way his genetics dictated him to be. A toddler does not choose to be feminine, yet that is the biggest early indicator of whether they're gay or not.

There's a theory that too much estrogen being exposed to a baby in the womb is what causes them to be gay.

There is a scientific explanation for homosexuality, science explains the natural order of things, so we can deduce that homosexuality is natural as well if science can explain it. All that is left is to pinpoint what exactly causes it. I think the estrogen theory is the most likely.

Unfortunately, theories are not facts. And science has not proven such a thing, they have tried to explain it but no hard core facts yet. And just because someone acts feminine does not mean that they will be gay. I have a friend who loves to sit with his legs crossed and sometimes does some pretty girly stuff. But I as far as I can tell he loves sleeping with as many girls as he can. Although, I do have my suspensions though, lol.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join