It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

So the Christians who are ashamed of their sexuality chose to be that way even though they "know" it is wrong and were taught that it is wrong? Your argument folds underneath itself.

Yep. Just like people who go out and rob banks or rape women, or run a red light. They know it's wrong, but they chose to did it anyway. It's your argument that is folding underneath itself. Some things are common sense you know.

Your equating being gay with being a criminal, wtf is wrong with you? What makes you think gay people think what they are is wrong? You are wrong on so many levels, It sounds like you want the Christian version of Sharia Law.
If you agree that forcing Muslim religious law onto non-Muslims is wrong, then you must also believe that forcing your brand of Christian law onto non-Christians is also wrong!
Even if we assume that your god has decreed that homosexuals cannot marry, or is wrong, why should I care? Why should your religious law affect me, a nonbeliever? Why should the law incorporate your religious beliefs? It shouldn't.. Just stop with the sex policing and mind your own business!

If gay people don't think what they are doing is wrong that's their problem. And who said anything about forcing a religious law on anyone? Get your facts straight before you think you can come on here and clown me or something.

I can say whatever I want on this forum, they are my opinions not yours, if you don't like them then don't respond, simple as that.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You have no argument... and such rational could only come from an Abrahamic belief system

I read through all of RTS's posts. It's a derail attempt.

No personal position on religion, Christianity or any other is stated.

No scriptures quoted or alluded to.

No statement about same-sex legislation.

It's a pure ethics argument.

A Cristian or other Jesus person would quote Matt 5:27"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery;' 28but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart", and use that as an argument about heart ethics.

An ethicist would say, Jesus is wrong here. There's a whole world of difference between thinking about doing something and acting it out on other people. Even if you think the act is wrong, who is hurt if it doesn't go down?
edit on 19-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

My god, you just contradicted yourself in only two sentences. So whether someone is hetero or homo depends on what sex they're attracted to but what sex they're attracted to has no bearing on their sexuality?

You're trolling right?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You quoted it. You're faster at typing than me.

Read the post to Akragon. Derail!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Matthew 5
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

According to the bible, having an urge (or lust) toward someone is to commit a sin. No action is required for it to be seen as a sin in God's eyes.

You're honestly just making crap up at this point. "There's no such thing as a gay celibate Christian", you've got to be kidding me. That's almost as bad as someone saying all gay couples are unhappy earlier. Total hogwash and you know it.

From the Biblical side that is correct. But I'm not here to talk about the bible. I don't know why you guys keep bringing up Christians. So I guess what you saying is that since there are gay Christians than gay marriage must be ok. What a retarded way to look at things.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'm talking about those Christians that don't practice homosexual sex but still have the urges. Why, if they were taught it was wrong (since gayness is "learned" according to you), do they grow up with the urges and have to resist those urges in an attempt to not practice what they know is wrong? If they made the choice to be gay then why can't they choose to be straight when they know it is wrong to have those feelings?

There are Christians that have never had sex with another man or anything for shame of being ridiculed and punished by God, yet they still have the urges knowing full well they are wrong. They have those urges "knowing" that it was a choice they made despite the way they were raised in being taught that it was against God.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. If gayness is learned through the discovery of sex, then why do celibate gay Christians who were taught it was wrong still have those urges if they chose to be gay?

You can't answer the question because your premise makes no sense.

Again, you can't be considered a homosexual if you have never had sex with the same gender.

So, if you are an adult who is a virgin, are you a heterosexual or a homosexual?

That would depend on which sex you are attracted to.

Exactly. Your sexual orientation is which gender you are attracted to - not who you have had sex with. And your sexual orientation is pre-programmed from birth. So it doesn't matter whether or not you have had sex with someone of the same gender. What matters is which gender you find yourself attracted to. If you are attracted to the same gender, then you are a homosexual, regardless of whether you have had sex or not.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Funny thing here is that Jesus said nothing about gay people... not a word!

yet because he was raised in the Judaic belief system everyone assumes he was against homosexuality...

He actually alluded to the idea in his discourse about eunuchs, but heaven forbid they admit to such heresy!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So you're derailing the thread....

This thread was made with the Christian perspective in mind. Did you even read the OP? Quit trolling, you're not making any coherent arguments so far.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

My god, you just contradicted yourself in only two sentences. So whether someone is hetero or homo depends on what sex they're attracted to but what sex they're attracted to has no bearing on their sexuality?

You're trolling right?

Maybe you should look up the definitions in order to get a better understanding. It's pretty simple you know.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm talking about those Christians that don't practice homosexual sex but still have the urges. Why, if they were taught it was wrong (since gayness is "learned" according to you), do they grow up with the urges and have to resist those urges in an attempt to not practice what they know is wrong? If they made the choice to be gay then why can't they choose to be straight when they know it is wrong to have those feelings?

There are Christians that have never had sex with another man or anything for shame of being ridiculed and punished by God, yet they still have the urges knowing full well they are wrong. They have those urges "knowing" that it was a choice they made despite the way they were raised in being taught that it was against God.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. If gayness is learned through the discovery of sex, then why do celibate gay Christians who were taught it was wrong still have those urges if they chose to be gay?

You can't answer the question because your premise makes no sense.

Again, you can't be considered a homosexual if you have never had sex with the same gender.

So, if you are an adult who is a virgin, are you a heterosexual or a homosexual?

That would depend on which sex you are attracted to.

Exactly. Your sexual orientation is which gender you are attracted to - not who you have had sex with. And your sexual orientation is pre-programmed from birth. So it doesn't matter whether or not you have had sex with someone of the same gender. What matters is which gender you find yourself attracted to. If you are attracted to the same gender, then you are a homosexual, regardless of whether you have had sex or not.

So in other words your saying, that from birth some are automatically attracted to someone of the same sex? Sorry, but I just can't except that. Your right, by definition one could be homo without sex. But I would never put such a title on someone if they have never acted it out. But that's just me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

yet because he was raised in the Judaic belief system everyone assumes he was against homosexuality...

He actually alluded to the idea in his discourse about eunuchs, but heaven forbid they admit to such heresy!

True, not a word.

I always took the eunuch sayings to be talking about celibacy.

Christians seem to be married to the Biblical Canon (maybe that's adultery!) which includes all kinds of anti-homosexuality, including exclusion from the holy celestial city (whatever that is)

Matt 19:9I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and he who marries her when she is divorced commits adultery."10His disciples said to him, "If this is the case of the man with his wife, it is not expedient to marry." 11But he said to them, "Not all men can receive this saying, but those to whom it is given. 12For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake. He who is able to receive it, let him receive it."

In context, it looks like married vs not married.
edit on 19-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't know about you but I've known a few kids that have grown up to be gay, and let me tell you, I could tell they were gay before they ever had any attraction to anyone, my brother included. I always "knew" he was gay but never admitted it to myself. He just recently came out and he is a much happier and open person because of it. He used to be reserved, now he is much more open. Know why? Because he stopped pretending to be something he wasn't.
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And yet you would have no problem giving someone the title of heterosexual if they haven't had sex with anyone but were attracted to the opposite gender? Why is that?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't know about you but I've known a few kids that have grown up to be gay, and let me tell you, I could tell they were gay before they ever had any attraction to anyone.

Are you some kind of prophet or something? How on earth could you tell that he was gay? If I take you a hospital were the babies are being kept can you point out which ones are gay and which ones are not?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

True, not a word.

I always took the eunuch sayings to be talking about celibacy.

Christians seem to be married to the Biblical Canon (maybe that's adultery!) which includes all kinds of anti-homosexuality, including exclusion from the holy celestial city (whatever that is)

hmmm... could be actually

Did Paul consider himself a eunuch?

To me those verses sound like Jesus is speaking of someone who will never have a child, or be with a woman.

Someone who was born a eunuch could never go to the temple or get into heaven because they would be missing a vital part... refer to deut 23:1

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And yet you would have no problem giving someone the title of heterosexual if they haven't had sex with anyone but were attracted to the opposite gender? Why is that?

I never said that bro.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So you're saying that you would never put the title of heterosexual to someone who is attracted to the opposite gender but hasn't had sex yet. Why not?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't know about you but I've known a few kids that have grown up to be gay, and let me tell you, I could tell they were gay before they ever had any attraction to anyone.

Are you some kind of prophet or something? How on earth could you tell that he was gay? If I take you a hospital were the babies are being kept can you point out which ones are gay and which ones are not?

This was what I was talking about a few pages back...

Back in the second grade my friend knew he was different then any other guy in the school yard... Everyone else knew it as well but we didn't know why...

He hung around girls all the time, no guys at all... Most people just picked on him because he played with dolls with the other girls and they all loved him like another one of them. The other guys didn't pick on him because they thought he was gay... Hell... children that age don't know anything about sexual orientation.

it wasn't until years later that I figured it out myself, it never dawned on me that he was gay until years after I knew what gay was....

Of course!!! He was gay!!! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh....LOL

Another one of my friends has a kid that is about 12 right now, but he knew his son was gay when he was a toddler... far before the kid knew it himself.

people are born with who they will be attracted to... being born gay makes them different from a very early age... definitely not in a bad way... but they act more feminine, even as a child

edit on 19-6-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that the infant life stage is the only one that does not have sexual desires? What about children that are 5 and 6 years old? Do they want to have sex with other children their age? Or does that only happen after puberty?

A baby cannot express itself effectively enough to give away its tendencies, a boy or girl around the ages of 5 or 6 can. My brother was always effeminate as far back as I can remember, before he hit puberty and started to have sexual urges, yet his pre-puberty effemininity gave away his sexual orientation.

Why would you assume I was talking about newborn babies?
edit on 6/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So you're saying that you would never put the title of heterosexual to someone who is attracted to the opposite gender but hasn't had sex yet. Why not?

How could I if I don't know what their sexual behavior is. That would be stereotyping.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join