It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House approves fast-track 218-208, sending bill to Senate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They just needed a distraction so it wouldn't be on anybodies radar...

Hmm...what just happened that is all over the news?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just wrote my state representative. Those slicksters distracting us with murder and mayhem, what an ugly/evil society we live in.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Unlocking Opportunity for Americans through trade with the Asia Pacific

President Obama’s trade agenda is dedicated to expanding economic opportunity for American workers, farmers, ranchers, and businesses. That’s why we are negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 21st century trade agreement that will boost U.S. economic growth, support American jobs, and grow Made-in-America exports to some of the most dynamic and fastest growing countries in the world.

the official agenda...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If that's not sneaky... and adding insult with the horrific event from last night.

BTW anyone worried, or tying in Obama's reply to the S.C. Church Tragedy, with his going forth of the TPP fast track: The bill is said to include a "blank check"-Larry Pratt. Which some are saying could limit the importation of ammunition.

Of course, that's not limited to that issue for others worried about the bill.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
IF I was in the position, I may push through the Mandroid Retirement act, get filthy rich and then move to Hawaii.

Never-mind, that is completely evil.

Even Clinton is regretting the "retirement plan" he put in place.

Hopefully this nonsense gets stopped.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Can someone please post a reason the TPP is good for the people of America? I have a hard time understanding why so many of our elected officials are voting for this POS.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Is it time to start erecting guillotines at capitol hill yet, or?......

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've heard this described as NAFTA on steroids. How many jobs did THAT cost us?

I wrote my "congressman" yesterday...this is his reply

June 18, 2015

Dear Mr. ***********:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me to share your views on Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). By hearing your thoughts and concerns on the issues, I am better able to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives.

For over thirty years, Congress has granted Presidents the authority to promote American trade and to ensure America remains a leader in the global economy. This compromise between the executive and legislative branches gives Congress the ability to put forth specific negotiation objectives that will ensure American businesses are able to sell their products and services across the globe, and in return, legislation implementing a trade agreement will be considered by Congress in an expeditious manner. Simply put, TPA will give U.S. negotiators the leverage they need to negotiate on our behalf, while ensuring that Congress is able to express its goals for negotiations and must approve or deny any final agreement.

On June 12, 2015, the U.S. House of Representatives began consideration of Trade Promotion Authority. During that time, I heard from many constituents concerned that the authority is inappropriate because it gives the President and his administration too much power and limits Congress' ability to amend a free trade agreement prior to approval. However, TPA will ensure this President, and future Presidents, will be on equal footing with other heads of state at the negotiating table and, crucially, gives both chambers of Congress the capacity to withhold their final approval should a trade agreement be reached that is not up to the standards set forth in the TPA. Overall, this agreement gives Congress an efficient and effective means by which to hold negotiators accountable, and allows the strongest possible trade agreement to be negotiated on behalf of the American people.

As your representative, I understand your concerns regarding Trade Promotion Authority and the Trans-Pacific Partnership. I believe that decreasing economic barriers to trade will increase our economic growth and create new opportunities and jobs here in the U.S. While I understand many individuals have concerns regarding the content of the TPP and all the various areas of trade it addresses, constraining the President's ability to negotiate will not ensure a better TPP. Rather, it will only ensure that America -- the most historically innovative, productive, and largest economic player in the world -- will be sidelined as other countries, like China, create the trade rules for the 21st Century. For that reason, I voted in favor of Trade Promotion Authority when it was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on June 18, 2015.

Please be assured, I will continue to closely monitor the negotiations between the U.S. and 11 Pacific Rim nations included in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and will stay engaged to ensure the TPP addresses all the important issues impacting trade between countries.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please do not hesitate to contact me if my office can be of assistance to you on any issue of importance.

Sincerely,

Adam Kinzinger
Member of Congress

Pretty Boiler plate response I think.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
you may still have up to 30 to 40 years yet. my pop is 74 and works on big rigs everyday. picks up brake drums that make me grunt like they weren't any thing and he only weighs 125 lbs. oh he has retired twice but it didn't take.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Can someone please post a reason the TPP is good for the people of America? I have a hard time understanding why so many of our elected officials are voting for this POS.

Damned if I can think of a reason on how it'll be good for the average working citizen... But there looks to be dozens of reasons why it's going to be great for the corporate bought politicians.

Hence the reason why so many of them are voting for it, I suspect.

Notice how the media and politicians keep telling us "it'll be great for workers, farmers, etc", but they don't actually tell us exactly how this TPP agreement would go about achieving that ?!

Yeah... colour me unimpressed.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
No more trade deals. Not until the parties involved, governments, their representatives, and businesses understand, NAFTA NEVER AGAIN. My rep voted for it of course.

economyincrisis.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
At this point, I thank God that I only have another 40 years (give or take) left on this planet.
The place is a damned mess, and people are so complacent and ignorant that it just isn't going to get any better.

Don't go thanking your lucky stars just yet.
A WHOLE lot of pain and hardship can happen in 40 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join