It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Captain William Schaffner in 1970? Was he abducted while flying behind UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A bit off topic, but hopefully the OP won't mind. I had one of those mind blips when I read the title as 'What happened to Captain William Shatner in 1970? Was he abducted while flying behind UFOs?' and did a little mind-backflip tweak. Just a reminder-to-self that we create the word around us in our mind (after it constantly takes in sense impressions) and sometimes it replaces the data with something more familiar.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

it definitely seems like we're not being given the full picture - i can only guess the false transcript was intentionally released by the authorities, and i'm guessing again that they wouldn't cover up a ufo with a ufo story, but who knows?

personally, any testimony from anonymous military/intelligence sources i treat as irrelevant these days - anything anonymous in fact, but especially military/intelligence sources

in the past it seemed to be the gold standard of ufological evidence - but in reality it's hearsay from people with a 'professional' motivation to obfuscate the truth

it's not even like it may or may not be true - it's practically guaranteed to be misleading

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can you please provide a reference for the "canopy hermetically closed" claim, preferably not some anonymous friend of a friend witness testimony?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Hi Dear moebius,

In this documentary, if you check the minute 3 58' as well as the minute 4 37' you can listen the statement in which it is the claim that the authorities found the canopy absolutely closed, so this become one of the greatest mysteries of the History.

www.youtube.com...

Also in the seconds before and after that part of this famous documentary it is said that the airplane was found in the bottom of the ocean in remarkable good condition, with almost not damage.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/19/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The EE Lightning was by far the best Cold War jet, maybe some aliens wanted to steal the tech?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: moebius

Hi Dear moebius,

In this documentary, if you check the minute 3 58' as well as the minute 4 37' you can listen the statement in which it is the claim that the authorities found the canopy absolutely closed, so this become one of the greatest mysteries of the History.

www.youtube.com...

Also in the seconds before and after that part of this famous documentary it is said that the airplane was found in the bottom of the ocean in remarkable good condition, with almost not damage.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

All I can hear is that the canopy was closed, neither hermetically nor absolutely.

A bit googling will tell you that the lightning canopy is operated by a hydraulic system, as soon as hydraulic is gone it will "close" due to own weight.

The "perfect" condition can be explained by the very low speed of the aircraft, with flaps and air brakes out, he was intercepting a very slow, low flying target.

The airbus, a much larger plane, going down in Hudson River looked pretty good too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join