It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston, SC Shooter, Identified as 21 year-old Dylann Storm Roof, Apprehended

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anybody else wondering if a "journalist" is going to "misspeak" and say the attack was courageous and brave?

Nahhhh I'm sure they won't.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The world culture is disintegrating do to selfishness, greed, and the opposite of love, hatred, and the bane of humankind ignorance...

This is nothing new, world culture has always been so, just take a look at the horrific history of what the human race has done in the past 2000 years. It is the same thing, over and over again. We still have yet to figure out how to exist in this plane of reality peacefully and happily. Not gonna hold my breath for sure, this world is just...wrong...it could be (should be) so much different.
edit on 18-6-2015 by AutOmatIc because: human parasites

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity preempt the inevitable "why wasn't he shot and killed by cops like a black man would be" by saying that I do believe had he resisted arrest, or ran when stopped, he would likely also have been shot to death by police. The fact that he went with police willingly, without a fight, may have saved his life here. This is what many folks have stated repeatedly when confronted with that wild statement. At least, that is how I see it here...I could be wrong. I am only human, and not infallible by any stretch (just ask my wife).

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
R.I.P. My thoughts go out to the families of the victims and the community, which will have some painful times ahead.

I would also like to register my absolute disgust at those people who are talking false flags "they wanna take my guns"!

I don't think you people could be any more selfish if you kicked babies out of lifeboats on sinking ships.
I am sorry, but this is not about you people, get over yourselves and even more importantly, recheck your moral compasses.
SMH big time.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Early 20s introverted Hipster-ish kid sporting unAmerican clothes. Like all the others. "Came out of nowhere" "He wouldn't do this" or whatever wording the close friends or family choose. No one will mind if we HAARP him to further the gun control agenda.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No stretching at all just pointing out what's blatantly obvious in the photo and wondering how something like that body armor was not reported on in media nor seemingly arousing suspicions of victims who it's reported were in his presence for quite some time prior to the murders.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bday94
Early 20s introverted Hipster-ish kid sporting unAmerican clothes. Like all the others. "Came out of nowhere"

Since when is fashion indicative of mass murderers? What an odd connection!
edit on 18-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Why isn't he being called a white terrorist?

Isn't that the hysterical norm these days?

I first learned of this story at 2:30 AM. He has been referred to as a terrorist on CNN at least from that point in time.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Strange?

Have you ever been in a life threatening situation?

I have. Sometimes the body just doesn't want to do anything except hide. Or run. Training and/or experience can, to a degree, over come that, but it's always there.

Easy to say what you'd do in that sort of situation, less easy when the time actually comes.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

No stretching at all just pointing out what's blatantly obvious in the photo and wondering how something like that body armor was not reported on in media nor seemingly arousing suspicions of victims who it's reported were in his presence for quite some time prior to the murders.

There is nothing obvious in those blurred pix.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Ya, that could be a pouch of some sort.
Maybe he kept his excess ammo there for ease of reloading.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No, it struck me as very strange too.
His image isn't fitting with what I am told in the news- that he flunked the 9th grade, and they can't find where he did any other highschool, but he had on emblems from apartheid in Africa?
And his haircut doesn't really fit in with conservative racists. Really nothing about his look does.
Cognitive fashion dissonance, I guess.

The clothes are so loose, I don't see that being something that someone that needs to feel in control would put on. Much less to go to church and try to fit in for an hour before opening fire.
It's just all kinda weird to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest I think he may have a vest on. But I think it's a level II or II-A vest with no trauma inserts. The way his shirt lays across his stomach and ribs, plus the small hump behind his neck, between his shoulders. The fact that he's wearing what looks like a sweater is what would stand out to me the most, as even last night the temps were in the upper 70s.

All that being said, I spend a lot of time around people wearing them, and spend a lot of time looking for people acting funny, and I'm not 100% certain.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Fat fingered it

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Pics I see are not blurry at all, upload but I'm mobile.

Quite clearly shows body armor visible - no doubts at all.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

You have a link to ones that aren't blurry? The ones I found were either cropped to all hell or blurry.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Pics I see are not blurry at all, upload but I'm mobile.

Quite clearly shows body armor visible - no doubts at all.

If they are on the Internet, resolution is too low to see details from a survelance camera shot.

You're choosing to see what you want to see.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But, can you provide a pic of the vest you think he is wearing?

edit on 18-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Mk ultra anyone?

a reply to: Chadwickus

He was a crack-head. Other news reports state that he took every kind of drug available; meth, '___', whatever...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: TonyS

...there's definitely a huge uptick in talk about the need for more gun control on the MSM today. And I saw Obama's speech on CNBC. His anger was palpable and he had to make the comment to the effect that due to the current political climate in DC, he needn't even bring up the obvious need to do something about "gun violence", (his words, not mine).

Considering the state of race relations in the US, considering the unspoken notion of "Your tribe versus My tribe" and threats of more violence, I rather doubt the political climate in DC will ever be correct for a discussion of more stringent gun control in the US. That would be like an attempt to disarm the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Not one of his words were calculated to lessen the divide.

And he will ratchet up the gun debate and work to deepen the divide.

True. And that's quite fine with me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is there a copy of the surveillance picture someplace, so we can compare them? These days, I don't really trust the reports.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join