It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston, SC Shooter, Identified as 21 year-old Dylann Storm Roof, Apprehended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Apparently he was turned in by his uncle. He's a 21 year-old from Columbia, SC.

From IB Times:

Roof was arrested on unspecified drug charges in Lexington County, South Carolina last March, local television outlet WIS reported. A Facebook page purportedly belonging to Roof identified him as a Columbia, South Carolina resident who attended White Knoll High School in Lexington, South Carolina.

Roof's uncle, 56-year-old Carson Cowles, said he recognized his nephew in the surveillance footage authorities released Thursday. "The more I look at him, the more I'm convinced, that's him," Cowles told Reuters.

Cowles said Roof was "quiet" and "soft-spoken," Reuters notes. Roof's father, whose name has not been released, purportedly gave him a .45-caliber pistol for his 21st birthday, though it's unclear if that was the weapon used in the shooting.

Here's a picture:

According to authorities, he's driving a 2000 Hyundai Elantra with the license plate number LGF330.

EDIT:

Facebook page here.

EDIT 2:

CNN is reporting that a "Senior Law Enforcement Official" is stating that Dylann Roof has been apprehended and a press conference is forthcoming. From what they are saying, he was apprehended in NC.

EDIT 3:

FBI confirms: suspect in custody in Shelby, NC, about 3 hr 45 min from Charleston, SC.
edit on 2015-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good. I hope they have the death penalty in SC.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

How long before we find out he is related to Adam Lanza?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Probably never, because he isn't.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yes I hope to God they find this excuse for a human being...

And what is it im hearing about shots fired at a church in Memphis(a predominantly black church) during choir?Is it confirmed?

mobile.twitter.com...

I am at work and cant start a thread..Of anyone want to have a go at it....
edit on 400Thursday18ampam2015-06-18T10:00:30-05:0010America/Chicago by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Cowles said Roof was "quiet" and "soft-spoken," Reuters notes.

But filled with rage.

The end result of stuffing resentment instead of resolving it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Glad to see the Uncle recognized his nephew, now a murderer, and helped the authorities. What an evil person, 21 years old, and can now only look forward to the death penalty, or life in prison when he is caught. He will fry for this evil act. probably a person with no real identity, looking for a quick way to gain national attention, sadly more youngsters and other people will follow this insane path as attention seekers because their lives are full of nothing but bitterness towards fellow human beings. Looking at his picture shows a person who is angry at the world. I pray for the victims families.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, he looks like a real happy little man doesn't he? Is it just me, or can you all spot the evil ones by the look in their eyes also?

Now that there is a name and face to "the suspected shooter", I hope he is found and brought to justice quickly. Praying that he will harm no others before he is taken in.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

“She said that he had loaded — reloaded — five different times. Her son was trying to talk him out of doing the act of killing people,” Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of Clementa Pinckney, told NBC affiliate WIS-TV. “He just said ‘I have to do it.’ He said, ‘You rape our women and you’re taking over our county. And you have to go.'”

Ugh.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

does he have that look in his eyes?

Didn't anyone notice that bullet proof jacket he had hanging down below his shirt?

and the apartheid patch, what on earth?

Terrible, just sickening.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The flags on his jacket in the photo are of Apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) when it was white-dominated.

In Facebook Photo, Charleston Suspect Wears Flags Of Racist African States

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He does look completely crazy.... just like Lanza and that damn whackjob Aurora theater shooter.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

Well, he looks like a real happy little man doesn't he? Is it just me, or can you all spot the evil ones by the look in their eyes also?

Now that there is a name and face to "the suspected shooter", I hope he is found and brought to justice quickly. Praying that he will harm no others before he is taken in.

Yes, he looks angry and disturbed.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The flags on his jacket in the photo are of Apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) when it was white-dominated.

In Facebook Photo, Charleston Suspect Wears Flags Of Racist African States

Nice find.
So we have a whacky eyeballed racist that did the shooting.
Real nice.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He has an awful lot of black facebook friends...

Is this really him?

edit on 18/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

maybe they have the same mind altering drugs in common.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hope they have the death penalty in SC.

If not, I bet they charge him with a hate crime and/or terrorism at the federal level. Then he will certainly get death.

link   
a reply to: wildapache

Looks unrelated. A single bullet lodged in the door of the church in Memphis, TN.

FOX 13 Memphis:

FOX13 spoke to the Deacon of St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church who says he noticed bullet holes in the church Wednesday night after leaving choir practice. He confirms there were no injuries.

The Deacon called police this morning to report the bullet holes. Memphis police tell us there are no suspects and no injuries.

FOX13 has a crew on the scene working to learn more about this shooting.

Here is what we know so far:

MPD says, “There is nothing indicating that this shooting is connected in any way to the shooting in South Carolina."

link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

He has an awful lot of black facebook friends...

Is this really him?

really?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

He reloaded 5 times and nobody saw an opportunity to take him down; instead they try to talk him out of continuing his rampage. Strange.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join