It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass Bottled Cane Sugar Soda Options

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have recently made a pretty significant discovery in my own eyes as I have been a closet soda fan since I was introduced to the poison as a child. Ski being my go-to. Although I cannot drink it regularly due to the way it makes me feel, the heartburn, the constant feeling I'm about to piss on myself, as well as that ungodly amount on burping that is necessary to consume one bottle.

However, after recently visiting my local farmers market I was reintroduced to glass bottled soda still made from cane sugar. I could not believe the difference!! No heartburn, no lagging sluggish "lazy" feeling you have after intaking something unhealthy. And the difference in carbonation made a huge difference in burping. I was simply amazed that I was consuming the same stuff, and it tasted better!!

Not trying to promote soda here guys, but if you're like me and you enjoy a soda every now and again then you should definitely try getting it just like the old days, made from cane sugar inside of a glass bottle!

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yea, fructose/cornsyrup is nasty in soda. As far as I know there is only 1 big name brand that uses it and that's Jones soda.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intunewithmyself

Supposedly, the Pepsi and Mountain Dew "Throwback" brand types are sugar and not corn syrup. Otherwise Mexican bottled Coke.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Dammit! And I can't get those in Canada, at least in vancouver

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know that a couple of ice tea and juices companies use glass bottles and real sugar but soda's is less common. Some Italian soda's use real sugar. Be wary of beet sugars since 95% of them are GMO's.

For energy drinks, I recommend Guru since they use natural ingrediants, good sugar, no aspartame, no sucralose etc.
Every other companies I've seen use bad ingrediants.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
According to wikipedia

"Dr Pepper started selling "Heritage Dr Pepper" in response in November 2009. Sugar-sweetened Dr Pepper was available from a single bottling plant in Texas until January 12, 2012". Nooooo I missed it!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ahh the "new Coke" conspiracy, I loved that one.

Many soft drinks here in the UK still have sugar as opposed to HFCS but it's starting to creep in slowly.

You can also get imported glass bottles of Coke now and again, I'm not a fan of it in plastic or cans but out of a bottle it is amazing although expensive by comparison.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We love the Jones soda's at the farmers market. Am thinking of making some this next year with the kids at home. Rootbeer, cream soda and cola's.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I grew up near a little place called Dublin, Tx that bottled Dr. Pepper made with Imperial Cane Sugar. Best DP in the world if you ask me!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have never heard of Ski, is that a regional brand? What kind of flavor is it, or does it come in many flavors? Time to hit Google I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
make your own soda. you can find recipes online that'll get you pretty darn close to most flavors.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Many sodas bottled in MEXICO use cane sugar instead high fructose corn syrup. They taste better too.

Also there are now many high end sodas that you can buy which use sugar or other sweetners - depending on where you are they might be in your local big box supermarket or in 'health food stores'.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
According to wikipedia

"Dr Pepper started selling "Heritage Dr Pepper" in response in November 2009. Sugar-sweetened Dr Pepper was available from a single bottling plant in Texas until January 12, 2012". Nooooo I missed it!

originally posted by: Rexamus
I grew up near a little place called Dublin, Tx that bottled Dr. Pepper made with Imperial Cane Sugar. Best DP in the world if you ask me!

This was the BEST version of cane sugar soda that you could get up until 2012. It tasted EXACTLY like soda did in the 1970's and 1980's. If you missed the chance to get it, I feel sorry for you. Its the kind of thing that will never exist again in the United States.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
if there is a world market around you check them out.
they have a killer food section. bunch of sodas and not just jones.

i go pick out goodies all the time. they have some awesome eats..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You should be able to buy a cane soda. If you have a Sprouts, they carry some brands with cane sugar, and if you have a decent Hispanic population your grocery stores will likely carry some sodas bottled in Mexico. Most of those will have cane sugar, too.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

just dont mess with the nasty ass malta

im telling you. world market

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I did some basic chemistry during my BSc, but isnt Cane sugar just sugar.... just because it has a plant name in front, does not make it any better.

Exact same chemical structure.
edit on 6/18/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69
Ski is made in tennessee if I'm not mistaken, around Chattanooga I believe. It is your common southeastern soda, I always drank them from glass bottles as a kid at our local diner. They are made by the double-cola company. I just googled their site, and they have a limited edition flavor coming out summer 2015. Its supposed to be made with real fruit juice, Ill probably try it if its not made with the HFCS, I'm really trying to stay away from that from here out.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yep! agree with you- they taste so much better and it's such a treat drinking them from the glass bottles. I don't know if it;s the structure of the bottle and the coldness or what, but they are so deliciously fizzy and crisp without bite.
I am lucky in that we have several varieties here.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Very cool, I will have to stop by our Rocket Fizz and see if they have one of these in stock. They seem to have a little bit of everything.

new topics

top topics

join