It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for end to fossil fuels

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by TrueBrit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Im just saying, choice doesnt apply in nature. You live or you die.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't think anyone wants an unclean environment, but I do believe whole-heartedly there are entities out there who don't care, especially when it affects their profit margins.

My whole issue, the reason I ever post on ATS anymore really, is these entities are actively conducting propaganda campaigns to confuse people on the subject (look up the Heartland Institute and how they feel about the Pope right now). They use a lot of tactics depending on the situation, and two that are standing out here are the apathy angle (e.g. "there's nothing we can do about it") and the "don't tread on me" attitude.

I agree with you we shouldn't do things based on emotion, but it works both ways - and we shouldn't reject them on those criteria either.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

That, with respect, is total rot.

There are thousands of ways to live, and millions of ways to die, and a person is faced with choices about these things during a lifetime, with varying degrees of frequency depending on geographical, economical, and ideological position they occupy.

Would you care to post something strictly related to the topic at hand at some point?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: network dude
I am all for getting rid of fossil fuel. All we need is another method of propulsion and *POOF*, the world is a better place.

But as anyone knows, all those alternative fuel theories were complete garbage, so we have to start from scratch.

We don’t need imaginary perpetual motion magic to do this. All the real technology is available and feasible:

Providing all global energy with wind, water, and solar power, Part I: Technologies, energy resources, quantities and areas of infrastructure, and materials

Providing all global energy with wind, water, and solar power, Part II: Reliability, system and transmission costs, and policies

All that’s missing is the willpower.

I think a bit more is missing than willpower. I'd change today to whatever method would make my car go. Hell, I'd even buy a new car if it could be run on something other than gas and get me all the places I need to go. It's not there yet. It's not even close. If you can show me what you use to travel over 250 miles a day, and not use gas, I am on board!

Renewable energy is like the metric system. It needs to be here, needed to be here 30 years ago, but, WE.....FEAR.....CHANGE. You need to have an answer BEFORE you post the question. I don't like it either, but you have the choice to reside in Utopia, or that nasty place we like to call "the real world". Again, sorry.

But Kudos for fighting the good fight. You have tenacity.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It has very little to do with enlightment and crusader guilds, the purpose of your act is to withhold traditions of the old, yet you dont understand them.

Remember why they called the lodges of the US an atrocity

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
It has very little to do with enlightment and crusader guilds, the purpose of your act is to withhold traditions of the old, yet you dont understand them.

Crusader guilds? The Masons predate the Crusades as they were based on trade guilds. Please pay attention.

Remember why they called the lodges of the US an atrocity

You know, instead of posting more off-topic, trolling crap in this thread you should try making your own thread in the Secret Societies forum and see how well you do over there.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Society gives an oppurtunity that is not given in nature, if a society isnt self sufficient its unbalanced. If you keep a society thats unbalanced going, it becomes a parasite.

Your defending a birthright, as a status quo, meaning if you were born in a society which parasites on others you had luck on your side.

My point of view, dont interfere with nature.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have more respect for this pope as time goes on.

I find religious leaders that don't deal with real world problems...well problematic!

The pope the church should be at the forefront of important issues. This guy is actually doing it.

There are what ...a billion catholics under him? Wow...if they all did what they could for the environment and global warming and income equality. The world would change drastically for the better.

I get sick of the 'He's a hypocrite" peeps on threads like this.

I to am a hypocrite...my business doesn't have solar panels nor will it get them. I don't own the building. but I need lights and air conditioning. I can't afford an electric car or motorcycle just yet, so I must consume gas and be part of the problem. I threw some paper away yesterday . didn't recycle it. no other recourse. But you see...no one can be perfect...our society isn't set up that way yet.. we just all do what we can. I do ride my motorcycle to save gas when I can.. I do recycle when I can.. I did put solar panels on my house...I do have a bicycle.

You guys are funny.. pope-stick to religion! No...he should be at the forefront of issues that effect his congregation in the real world. then you're like _Hypocrite..didn't you use electricity today! Yes.. I did.

To quote a previous pope...quoting an ancient guy who was probably paraphrasing..."...let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

We're all hypocrites..but as long as we try...if we put the effort in. We can make a difference.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So know you are gonna call the masonry an ancient one? Giving blood, feeding the poor, astronomy and the equinoxes. You want me to continue, the lies youve been told, you never were in control you never are and never will be.
Harvesting begins this year.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Did you miss the title of the topic? It is not about Masonry.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So a friendly advice, embrace Jesus and embrace the encyclical.
Actually its not even an advice.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
So a friendly advice, embrace Jesus and embrace the encyclical.
Actually its not even an advice.

You stick to what works for you and I will stick to what works for me, and it aint Jesus.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No, I read your post. Although it did drive home the enormous difficulties in trying to remedy the mess we've (perhaps unwittingly) made, it additionally sounded a little like a frustrated dismissal of his thoughts and efforts.

Because people get tired of others doing nothing productive, yet demanding the impossible.

I don't think he said "Go ye and solve these climate problems instantly". He wasn't demanding in that way, it was more of a teaching comment, specifying his reasoning for feeling the way he does.

Giving his viewpoints in his speech was not "doing nothing productive". On the contrary, it's quite productive. I see you are ready for people to 'put up or shut up", born from frustration apparently, but sit tight I guess, because the conversation is just getting started. It's like everything else.... people have to jump up and down and scream out the windows "we aren't going to take it anymore", to get any results. If that's what it takes.......... sobeit. But I don't think anyone expects one big sweeping fix-all solution over night. This will need to be done incrementally, and it might be abysmally slow.

Advocacy may be the first step to solving a problem, but how about we get on with the second step now? How about we solve the problem? We did the easy part; we talked about it. Can we do the hard part: stop talking (and demanding) long enough to solve the problem?

I'm not even sure I know who "we" is, when it comes to solving our problems. Scientists? Government? Corporations? But I do know people have to accept there is a problem before they are inclined to pursue solutions. So, no. We can't stop talking about it, and we shouldn't stop talking about it. And one other thing....... I don't think the Pope is "uninformed". I think he has access to great minds to pick ...........

Is that too much to ask?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Im saying be a part of the solution instead of seeing the problem trying to withold your status in life.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Lol.
Just lol.
Back on topic the pope has a good message.

Oh and lol again.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Isn't that is what's happening here? You are angry that I'm not on board?

You assume too much. I'm not angry - mystified - but not angry. There are other people in this world that actually do make me angry. If you read through my posts - you'll see that you aren't one of them

I didn't insult you in any way. I just voiced an opinion about this pontiff.

You kinda did: quite often "thinking" necessitates not succumbing to groupthink and to think for one's self rather than being cowed into accepting what everyone else wants you to think.

- by insinuating that I'm not capable of thinking for myself. But that's OK Doc - because, next, you go on to say this:

Rome is the center of all evil according to ATS but apparently not this time. The turn around is very interesting.

You made the mistake of not addressing me - but making this about you and ATS

I've had my issues with religion - and that includes Catholicism. Hating on the pope is not actually a thing for me. Not in general - and specifically, not with this pope

Here's the problem - as I see it - not that that should matter to anyone

The problem is obvious and real to some people. I'm not a scientist (yeah - I know) but I've noticed things are off locally. Birds that shouldn't be here - birds that should behaving oddly. Insects...weather, gardening - you can say that nature always changes and you'd be right - but not like this. Ecosystems are a special kind of balance. But, that's just me - what do I know - right?

If you trust anybody at all, you might want to trust people who are scientists. At least some of them. Unless, of course - you really believe that scientists are either part of an enormous plot - or they are actually so dimwitted they don't know what they're talking about. You can't blame all of it on the media

They will tell you that migrations are way off - air, water and land. Too much of some things in some places - too little of some things in other places...
US west coast toxic algae bloom might be largest ever, say scientists

Here's why we should be more concerned than amazed by the plankton lighting up Tasmania's waterways right now

Reason to Care: Endangered plankton provide half the world’s oxygen

Richard Kirby of the Marine Biological Association says the worst case scenario is a greater disruption to marine life than has occurred in the last 3 million years -

To not do anything, and argue about how mankind couldn't possibly s!!!t enough where it eats to disrupt the world in such a way as this? THAT is political. Ecosystems start from the bottom up. A few degrees too much - before things have time to adapt? Well - maybe I'm just hysterical. Maybe I am actually stupid. Maybe I'm just susceptible to really strategically brilliant advertising

I'm not the only one that sees it though - and the balance is definitely shifting. I credit this pope with caring enough about mankind to put himself on the line - and also having the balls to not mince words

link   

Then your a part of the problem

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join