It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for end to fossil fuels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: 2012newstart

Practice what you preach, or, lead by example.

I'm soooooo sick of folks with authority telling us mere serfs to "do what's right", while they live lavish lifestyles.

How much electricity does the Vatican use? Where does their heat come from?

Burning wood has now been deemed bad, so where exactly do we get heat from? Cuddled masses?

As a believer in the flying spaghetti monster in the sky, I say cram your political thoughts up your popeness ass!

Preach religion not politics!

The thing is...why should he do it if no one else will?

Because he's the one telling ME how to live. It REALLY gets under my skin when folks with authority tell me how to live while they continue with their lavish ways. Look at Gore, jet setting across the globe telling the world about the DANGERS and DOOM of climate change. His carbon footprint is bigger than some towns, and yet he has the nerve to tell me to be more responsible?

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

If climate change is indeed as horrible and life threatening as they say it is, why aren't the people preaching the doom doing more to combat the situation? Preaching awareness does NOTHING to combat the situation.

Someone has to start actually doing something about this impending crises, how about we start with the folks that preach the doom?

He is, its just that nobody wants to bother to find that out before going on the attack.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anton74

That is not much of an arguement consideirng only 836 people live there.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I just saw(and stared) your last reply and agree with you. The Vatican going dark will not combat the situation. Nor will Al Gore solve anything by ceasing his lavish ways. Nor will Americans being taxed.

The problem is Global. However, we all can't come together on a solution, so nothing gets done. Well, the preaching of impending doom gets done but that's not really productive...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A simple question mason, are we in balance with nature, or are the monuments of more importance of grandure

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So can the Pope manifest new technology, how does this work exactly, he just says I think things should be this and *poof* so be it?

Must be fun to be so delusional.

Or what?

Just feel good BS talk?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is not much of an arguement consideirng only 836 people live there.

You're right but, the argument is that they are not leading by example. Not everything they are advocating is unaffordable or impossible for everyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
A simple question mason, are we in balance with nature, or are the monuments of more importance of grandure

A 'balance with nature' is an unachievable ideal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: anton74
You're right but, the argument is that they are not leading by example. Not everything they are advocating is unaffordable or impossible for everyone.

I never said they, I said him.

If that hypocritical jackass wants to get away from fossil fuels he can walk everywhere, not use HVAC, gather his own food and renounce technology starting yesterday.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My point exactly!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
...and start riding donkeys?

You mean riding each other?

Please take some really good pictures while you are there and please locate the homeless people living down the street and tell them the POPE says hi!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Then the simple answer is it will be forced caused by your ideals, universe has a simple rule of balance. If not its parasitic, like the music of a blackhole, the knowledge was given on the basis that humans act on instincts when believing they are more than an animal or the mere fact that genetic fault isn't suppose to breed. Populism becomes easy when used on survival instincts. You see the seven centuries as the truth, we hold the secrets to the ancient. Everything afterwards are caused by your ideals.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

My 'ideals'? What are my ideals?

Do you always make disjointed, incoherent posts?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Can't listen to scientists, can't listen to religious leaders...

I guess it comes down to listening to Big Oil.

Big Oil is embracing the climate change issues and the carbon tax. They make more profits because of it.
Their wealth is so far reaching... they have it all mapped out.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I never said they, I said him.

If that hypocritical jackass wants to get away from fossil fuels he can walk everywhere, not use HVAC, gather his own food and renounce technology starting yesterday.

So, is the problem the Pope or is it the Green movement? Would it bother you as much if a prominent Atheist said this?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So, is the problem the Pope or is it the Green movement? Would it bother you as much if a prominent Atheist said this?

If the atheist was as much of a hypocrite as the Pope, yes.

I can separate my dislike for the Vatican from idelogical hypocrisy. When you tell people they need to change you better be the first one affecting that change.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Man is not God

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Man is not God

Man certainly is not God so what is your point?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Couldn't see how it affects the life of anything else but humans. So let's make it fun, either humanity changes or kaboom.

Because nuclear fallout is just as hazardous to non-human life as is it is to human life... Have you ever heard of a nuclear winter? Well life isn't going to thrive under those conditions.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I don't care if it's the Pope, an atheist, a Mormon, an Islamist, a Republican or Democrat who talks about climate change. I also have no problem with the green movement. I have a problem with individual people who tell ME what I need to do while they themselves do the opposite.

I'm all for a cleaner Earth, but I can't stand hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Or...we could begin to move away from our dependence on certain things - and slowly but deliberately begin to come up with solutions that won't contribute to global warming

Which isn't even really real anyway - right Augustus?

:-)

That hypocritical jackass pope makes some very good points I think. It's pretty easy to shout you first, but that's not much of an argument:

Vatican City Crowned the 'Greenest State In the World'

Last year Inhabitat reported that the Vatican was spending $660 million on a massive 100MW photovoltaic installation that would effectively be Europe’s largest solar power plant. Now complete and in operation, the installation of this array has not only made Vatican City the first solar powered nation state in the world, but according to the state’s official newspaper, it is now the greenest state in the world.

edit on 6/18/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: link...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join